Devils v Steelers - 11/12 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

I have only been away a month - where have all these opinionated new members come from.

A member who joined yesterday telling me I was off topic when the question of shared accounts had been raised

I have only been away a month - where have all these opinionated new members come from.

A member who joined yesterday telling me I was off topic when the question of shared accounts had been raised
Last time I checked my email I was the only one that had access to it. Last time I checked my account on here and every other forum I use I only had acces to it. I'd be very upset if someone had access to my email as I take security very seriously. Whilst on the subject of being off topic last time I checked free speech was also allowed so my opinions are valid and as it is I've only kept my posts about the players and how well they've been playing this year. You obviously have been away for a month for some reason (maybe personal, I don't really want to know) but what's brought you back? The pull of honest people discussing hockey.... I hope so because I can't get enough of it. We are entering a busy schedule of hockey soon and im sure there will be highs and lows to discuss so make sure you don't miss a minute of the action.

Signing out - Hothamcity - One of your new "very opinionated members"

This moves me onto my final point. Lord really need to consider using Piggiot and Jones more often, the amount of energy they created buzzing around the ice hitting anything that moved really made enjoyable viewing. They made the steelers "tough guys" look pathetic. The only one I'd give credit to is Desbians for stepping up to the mark against Batchy. Fitzy wouldn't even look at Bordy when he offered to drop the gloves. Just goes to show how tough he really is when our enforcer is back and ready to do what it takes to get the team going.
Not quite here with you on that point. Yes Luke does hit and like a train, not afraid of who it is. And he's been doing that every since he played for the Devils. Not sure when CJ last through a hit, but in fairness to him he does create energy when on the Ice

Devil_Abroad

It wasn't a kick, the puck in the photo is on the tip of the stick of the Devils player on the left in between Bordy's legs, it's clearly a goal.

Dodged a bullet on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wrong again. GLT clearly shows puck didn't cross the line - Clare tweeted. Sorry to disappoint but the gun was empty,

Devil_Abroad

The goal judge has a pretty good view as well, the light went on.

For me these show it as pretty obvious.

Bordy coming in.

The puck is behind his foot, over the line before stick contacts.

Stick hitting puck towards Bordy foot, over the line. I don't see any shadows to suggest the puck and stick are off the ice.

Thank goodness you're not giving expert opinion in a court of law. Shadow? So there's a strong light source directly above the goal? Really? The link posted here from twitter on Sportsnet should have explained the phenomenon of how angles play a part according to the puck's relationship to the ice. I for one had never come across it before so found it illuminating. And can we please give kudos to Hicks for getting the call right even without the GLT which later backed him up. Top job.

"It wasn't a kick, the puck in the photo is on the tip of the stick of the Devils player on the left in between Bordy's legs, it's clearly a goal"

Said no one ever.

Electro

"It's clearly a goal" the point l was making though, it wasn't, was that not obvious since the comments previous to that concerning people being there, witnessed it as a goal, the twitter comments concerning goal tech etc etc.

Devil_Abroad

"It's clearly a goal" the point l was making though, it wasn't, was that not obvious since the comments previous to that concerning people being there, witnessed it as a goal, the twitter comments concerning goal tech etc etc.

Is anyone else struggling with understanding the English language? Am I supposed to read a comment and assume the person meant the opposite? Is that the reason why I'm confused? [emoji15]

JT666

After the complete shambles of Saturday, this was a brilliant game, one of the best I've seen. What most impressed me was the start we made. Bordeleau hitting everything, Batch fighting. Not only was it successful in quietening Fitzgerald, but it was also bloody entertaining!

A quick word on Jonathan Phillips. He may be a Steeler, but the guy seems to have more class than the rest of the organisation put together. Only a small thing, but whilst Nelson was screaming insults at the officials from the bench, Phillips told him to calm down, and gestured to Hicks, as if to say "sorry about that, I'll calm him down". Nothing major, but just classy.

ASHIPP

After the complete shambles of Saturday, this was a brilliant game, one of the best I've seen. What most impressed me was the start we made. Bordeleau hitting everything, Batch fighting. Not only was it successful in quietening Fitzgerald, but it was also bloody entertaining!

A quick word on Jonathan Phillips. He may be a Steeler, but the guy seems to have more class than the rest of the organisation put together. Only a small thing, but whilst Nelson was screaming insults at the officials from the bench, Phillips told him to calm down, and gestured to Hicks, as if to say "sorry about that, I'll calm him down". Nothing major, but just classy.
The team captain doing his job.

Jones72

Thank goodness you're not giving expert opinion in a court of law. Shadow? So there's a strong light source directly above the goal? Really? The link posted here from twitter on Sportsnet should have explained the phenomenon of how angles play a part according to the puck's relationship to the ice. I for one had never come across it before so found it illuminating. And can we please give kudos to Hicks for getting the call right even without the GLT which later backed him up. Top job.

The miracle in that photo sequence is how Batch's stick supposedly passes through Bordy's right leg without any blood being spilled.

Josh Batch IS Dynamo. On stilts and wearing an inflatable body suit to bulk him up a bit...but obviously Dynamo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

The miracle in that photo sequence is how Batch's stick supposedly passes through Bordy's right leg without any blood being spilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The miracle that nobody has mentioned is how batch connected with the puck mid air brought it down and knocked it out, that is some serious stick skills.

If you look at his position, the stick position is clearly behind Bordy's right leg which is on the line, l haven't posted pics of his leg travelling along the line as you cannot see the puck, so both stick and puck are behind Bordy's leg which is on the line and the puck passes between Bordy's legs. To me that would position both puck and stick in the goal. Had Batch had his stick in fron of Bordy's right leg then yeah less likely to be a goal

I have no idea if it's a goal or not, unless the image from the available technology is released, I'll always doubt that call.

Which is the whole point of the pics, which are out there, we need this tech now, not later.

Wannabe2

The miracle that nobody has mentioned is how batch connected with the puck mid air brought it down and knocked it out, that is some serious stick skills.

If you look at his position, the stick position is clearly behind Bordy's right leg which is on the line, l haven't posted pics of his leg travelling along the line as you cannot see the puck, so both stick and puck are behind Bordy's leg which is on the line and the puck passes between Bordy's legs. To me that would position both puck and stick in the goal. Had Batch had his stick in fron of Bordy's right leg then yeah less likely to be a goal

I have no idea if it's a goal or not, unless the image from the available technology is released, I'll always doubt that call.

Which is the whole point of the pics, which are out there, we need this tech now, not later.

That is one confusing post, after reading it I don't even know who I am.lol