Devils v Steelers - 17/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always, he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

This will be the 3rd game between the two teams this season, although with the previous games being exhibition i'm not sure we can really take anything from them. Steelers beat us 3-2 up in Sheffield and drew with us 2-2 in the big blue tent, last weekends results saw the Devils lose 3-4 at home to the Giants after penalties.

The Steelers faced the Dundee Stars in Sheffield winning 4-1 and then faced the Hull Stingrays super awesome wonder team *cough* in Hull, winning that game 2-6.

The Steelers turn up at our grotty little tent missing Jonathon Phillips who's out with a longterm injury, they've also missed Stephenson and another player in recent games, but I can't remember who :(

For a far more detailed look at this weekends games though, check out the front page, or click the following link to Skippys weekend preview! http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/devil ... d-preview/

I'm not sure if The Pilot are running any special offers before this game, but if you're looking for some good food and drink before the game, directions can be found on the following link, i'm sure Bec and Si will be happy to see you there :)
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/where-to-eatdrink/

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #2
Re: Devils v Steelers - 17/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Forgot to mention, if you haven't already done it, sort your team out on the Elite Fantasy League website before midnight Friday if you want to be in the running to win, and thus have bragging rights over the weekend! There's a discussion topic already running for this which can be found underneath...

http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4703

You'll probably lose to my super awesome mediocre wonderteam, but it's the taking part that counts :p

Chris.

Cheers Ger! I was a bit slow this week lol

As with last week we will be offering fans a 20% discount on any Bar Meals prior to Saturday's game!! (If your not wearing a devils shirt please make your alliance known when ordering lol)

Have also extended the invitation to the travelling Steelers fans :twisted:

Goods news to if your a fan of Brains Smooth as this is currently on offer at just £1.80 per pint for the duration of the RWC 2011

ASHIPP

3 wins out of 3 competitive games for the Steelers so far....and some of those with their players injured. :eek: Their new import signings appear to have settled in quickly with Birnstill, Stephenson, Ramsay and King already making a big impression. Goals being scored from everywhere on the team.

Big weekend for the Devils - again, a test to see how they shape up against another top tipped team. Would absolutely love the Devils to compensate for disappointment/frustration last weekend - they will need to play smart and hard against yet another team who are disciplined and have an excellent powerplay. :?

I did not think the Steelers were much good in Belfast, just we were worse on the night. Worst Giants display so far this season and yet it was still a close game.. They do have some very good D.men, an OK net-minder and play a physical game at time, but they did not impress me that much on the night.. Saying that it was 1st game of the season for both team.

I expect this game to be a 50/50 match up up both night, and with both teams carrying some heavy hitters like VOTH/FRANK & KING/CLARK should be a fun game. Plus you have the Finnerty factor who's always entertaining.

becandsi said:
Cheers Ger! I was a bit slow this week lol

As with last week we will be offering fans a 20% discount on any Bar Meals prior to Saturday's game!! (If your not wearing a devils shirt please make your alliance known when ordering lol)

Have also extended the invitation to the travelling Steelers fans :twisted:

Goods news to if your a fan of Brains Smooth as this is currently on offer at just £1.80 per pint for the duration of the RWC 2011
If you make your alliance known when ordering and your a Steelers fan is that 20% added to the price? :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #11

Can't see a problem in what finnerty has said to be honest, his comments could be taken from numerous posts on the SORAC thread at the top of the boards. If anything, aren't his comments helpful to those who are/were trying to get planet ice out?

Abels comments on the other hand... I've been critical of Voth previously, along with the whole team after the opening loss to the Panthers, but the last two games Voth has been better than i've seen for a long time, although thats down to not seeing the team everyweek anymore :( If Voth turns up and plays this weekend as he has done against the Panthers and Giants then Abel can whinge and moan as much as he wants, i'll be happy :)

Chris...

DevilDom

Chris said:
Can't see a problem in what finnerty has said to be honest, his comments could be taken from numerous posts on the SORAC thread at the top of the boards. If anything, aren't his comments helpful to those who are/were trying to get planet ice out?

Abels comments on the other hand... I've been critical of Voth previously, along with the whole team after the opening loss to the Panthers, but the last two games Voth has beenbetter than i've seen for a long time, although thats down to not seeing the team everyweek anymore :( If Voth cturns up and plays this weekend as he has done against the Panthers and Giants then Abel can whinge and moan as much as he wants, i'll be happy :)

Chris...
Totally agree. Finnerty critiscises the ice but not the Devils or fans. I for one will not give him any stick for that.

Abel's comments however are IMO a pathetic attempt to put Voth off his game and put pressure on the referee to penalise him. Unfortunately with the standard of referring in the league they will probably work.

My comment was more general than just about that article, I watched Slap Shot for the first time on Wed, got excited.

Finners comments about the ice are fair comment, your right, everyone's said it (will it be better now its relayed?). Abel's really the one stirring (but he wont be on the ice, so SOMEONES gotta pay :lol: ) and he's clearly not seen the Belfast game DVD! (just heard Darnell's view of events maybe)

Finnerty is quite right and good on him for saying it...he's doing the Devils and Sorac a favour in the quest for better facilities :)

Abel on the other hand is a (***************), but on the plus side I'm sure the game will be better for it and he'll have helped sell a few more tickets for both games :)

Soundwave1 said:
Finnerty is quite right and good on him for saying it...he's doing the Devils and Sorac a favour in the quest for better facilities :)

And we seem to be returning the honour by leaving him as the header picture on our website :eek:

Skippy

Missed this when looking at the Steeler team in the week

Jonathan Phillips (knee) out for four months, Matt Stephenson (upper body) out for this weekend’s double-header with Cardiff Devils, Tom Squires a doubt (shoulder) and Rod Sarich (back) gingerly feeling his way back after missing games.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hock ... _1_3778553

Finny

So several of their players are nursing injuries, and their bench coach basically says Voth isn't playing physical enough.

Classic combination.

TheStub

Not a bad article.

Some trash talk about Voth, and the truth about the tent (I totally agree with Finnerty's comments after the last game too).

The comments are to fire up the fans, and get bums on seats. Our tough guy is getting older, and may not be playing as hard? Well duh! Hopefully Voth will play as smart as the last few games, we'll keep our heads up for three periods and maintain our home record.

wildthing74

Rather ironic from Abel as back in his day he could barely skate so would resort to many a cheap stick incident to stop the opposition.Always think you mug yourself off as a coach/player calling out a fellow pro for no reason.

ASHIPP

With some of the wind-up trashy pre-game comments from the Steelers' coaching team in 'the Echo' today (perhaps meant as a bad joke? :? ), G and Brad have a bit more class than to respond verbally.
The on-ice performance is what counts...let's hope the Devils can shut them up. ;)