Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Devils86

Also their first shutout in AGES since we shut them out last 4-0 in IAW....have to check Twitter for the exact number of days. (Edit: from 2nd April 2023 - 20th March 2024, 353 days and X games)

Interesting that had Flames behaved like Orange did last night: (a) we wouldn't haven't been called so often; (b) they wouldn't have gotten away with so much. But same rubbish after play is dead etc

Flames have been dirty this season, Orange just whiny...be interesting how the officials handle the playoffs

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights to make sure I hadn’t imagined it first time around but how on earth do those two goals get washed out ? Even the steelers commentator is stunned . The quality and importance of games like that is just undermined by extremely poor officiating

Finny

Well that was fun wasn't it!

After our great run came to an end I've felt our last couple of performances had dropped and I was worried we were already saving ourselves for the playoffs and wouldn't be up enough for last night.
How could I have been. From that very first puck drop we dominated the Steelers from start to finish. Absolutely astonishing that we didn't lead at the first period break and equally surprising that we were only 2-0 up after two.

5-on-5 I can't really remember the Steelers troubling us much. Only Greenfield turned up for them and stopped it being something like 8-0. Some really poor officiating at times and a couple of baffling decisions only enforces how good our performance was that it didn't matter.

I know we can't play with that intensity every game but it should give us great confidence and belief when we head into the playoffs.

Finny

Anybody got views on the webcast commentary?
I thought they were absolutely brilliant.

No disrespect to anyone else who has commentated on the webcast this season (or in the past) but I thought the combination of someone from Cardiff and someone from Sheffield worked really, really well. I got the feeling both commentators could be honest without worrying about accusations of bias.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #87
Well that was fun wasn't it!

After our great run came to an end I've felt our last couple of performances had dropped and I was worried we were already saving ourselves for the playoffs and wouldn't be up enough for last night.
How could I have been. From that very first puck drop we dominated the Steelers from start to finish. Absolutely astonishing that we didn't lead at the first period break and equally surprising that we were only 2-0 up after two.

5-on-5 I can't really remember the Steelers troubling us much. Only Greenfield turned up for them and stopped it being something like 8-0. Some really poor officiating at times and a couple of baffling decisions only enforces how good our performance was that it didn't matter.

I know we can't play with that intensity every game but it should give us great confidence and belief when we head into the playoffs.
Finny how could you think we may not be up for last night (A) We could never allow them to win the league in our gaff, and ( B ) We had to send the message to them that if you think the play offs yours, then you better think again. We were all dubious if we could beat them but what a blast when we destroyed them. Happy days indeed.

Mooney#16

According to eihl website the earliest steelers can win title is Sunday..
This is in reality is an absolute blessing as let’s be honest it would just be the last kick in Panthers teeth if Steelers could have taken it on their ice on Saturday. They wouldn’t have deserved that to be another headline in a horrific season.

At least now Steelers can do it at home vs the dirty Flames and celebrate a deserved championship properly.

Devils86

Thank god those two waved off goals didn't affect the outcome - probably spurred us on tbh. I liked the balance of one commentator from each side - but I say that after a 4-0 win against the Orange, so maybe ask me the same after a dismal display against Clan or Fife...

osh

Praise where it’s due….I’ve commented before when we have played like a team who didn’t recognise each other on the ice, but last night was a complete transformation from recent performances. Everyone looked up for it and proved that we can be entertaining and a team others will be very wary of. More of the same please, well done !

BostonBart22

Praise where it’s due….I’ve commented before when we have played like a team who didn’t recognise each other on the ice, but last night was a complete transformation from recent performances. Everyone looked up for it and proved that we can be entertaining and a team others will be very wary of. More of the same please, well done !
And the added factor players are playing for a job with us again next season..

BostonBart22

Sorry folks this is off topic! but I’m wondering if anyone of my fellow devils fans knows a man that owns a big blue Porsche or jaguar jeep or suv (private plate) big loud exhaust. I need to have a chat with and ask him why he chose to speed of from the toys r us lights last night and rev his engine about 20 yards from where me and my 8 year old son were crossing the road! My son was in tears.
Sorry again I’m just very angry
Probably a disgruntled steelers fan who just watched team get smashed all over the ice last night. Shame you didn't get registration as private ones easily traced on website..

Wannabe2

Thread starter #96
Loved when Riley was in the box after his fight and the camera stayed on him with the roar of the crowd. What a buzz that must have been for him
He loved every minute of it, and so did we all, he is playing really good and don’t give a shit about anyone. First signing for next season surely, this guy cares.