Devils v Stingrays - 24/09 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running the "disgustingly biased" and "ridiculously childish" Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Hull will Have Ryan Lake out injured after the weekend’s game against Coventry in addition to forward Jack Watkins who is hopeful of returning to the Stingrays line-up this weekend after an injury in the preseason also against Coventry, Devils may still be missing Birbraer. The club haven't said a great deal/anything the injury so we'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Stingrays have started the season with a stronger looking team, but have yet to win a game despite their fans over on THF telling everyone how super awesome they are, their latest result came on Wednesday when they lost 6-2 to the Panthers in Nottingham.

A mixed weekend for the Devils again last weekend, a superb display on Saturday obviously saw us win 4-0 at home against the Steelers, but a somewhat disappointing display up in Sheffield resulted in a 5-3 loss. Hopefully we've been working on what went wrong up there and can put it into action in this game.

Skippy has put another game preview up for this weekends games, the following link will take you to the article which as always is well worth a read... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/devil ... mber-2011/

If you're looking for food and drink before the game, The Pilot hotel are once again running their 20% discount off bar meals matchday promotion over the weekend, for more details check out this link - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4873

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
Oh really?

Good news then, i'd assumed we were keeping it quiet as a surprise! Will edit the post now :D

Chris.

ASHIPP

Potential banana skin, this one. :? Stingrays will be anxious for an away win and to get 2 points for the CC table. They have pushed other teams already. Hopefully Devils will play in the outstanding style of last week's match at the BBT. :cool:

TheStub

Well that was meh.

Stingblaze game plan was to take all the pace out of the game and grind it out, score on the breakaway. Shame they could breakaway.

Boring to watch for large periods.

Skippy

Hulls D were shocking tonight.

As much as I mocked the stub without Boucher that workd of been more like 8 for the Devils

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #10
Can't complain with a win, but what a terribly boring game.

Perhaps worthy of a new thread, but will the office please actually start advertising the games? If last season saw us go up the creek without a paddle, the crowds so far this season have been rubbish :(

Chris.

Boring game could of won by a few more if it wasn't for a couple of unlucky bounces and a really good defensive play by mizerek. Thought Campbell was a big waste of space even more so than last year. Stu made some great plays and 2.0 was on top form. Stevie made some superb saves in the second. Points in the bag now, next stop Coventry. I really hate losing to Coventry.

Koop11

I thought Campbell was there best playe out there tonight. Not a thrilling game but never are against the Dull Stingrays. Good win though. Voth and Ben Davies were our best players tonight. Good on Dobben for MoM. Two nice goals.

Not much to say about the game really as people have already said it was a bit boring and not very pretty but we got the points.

Another very well officiated game from Dean Smith lets hope he gets all of our home games and also runs a training camp for the Hicks and Darnel.

While obviously not the best game to watch ever, I still enjoyed tonight's match. We could/should have been up by 5 after the first but heh-ho it's a win.
I personally think that Ben Davies has been outstanding so far, he may not have the finishing touch or presence of the big names but he puts in 110%.

I am really enjoying the Devils so far this year, keep the wins coming boys!

Ger-Devils

Not the best game but the 2points were the main thing. Wonder if Hull will step up their game more this year?

Also we need to shoot more on the PP!

Attendance 1093.......

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Stingrays - 24/09 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Upda

Ger-Devils said:
Also we need to shoot more on the PP!
As normal, shots weren't the problem. Quality shooting chances were.

On the PP we seem to be unable to create the separation that the man advantage should generate. Hull did a good job of taking away the middle, and would happily let us pass the puck around behind the net all night.

We need to be moving the puck faster, cycling it quickly to make the D move. That way when it gets to the point or slot there is the channel open. Lots of shots results in a lot of turn overs and a lot of time resetting.

Another thing - where are the 1Ts? We are spending too long on the puck, and give the D too long to adjust. The puck should pass through the sweet area so Mark or Gerad can just rip it without having to trap and control it.

TheStub

Chris said:
Perhaps worthy of a new thread, but will the office please actually start advertising the games? If last season saw us go up the creek without a paddle, the crowds so far this season have been rubbish :(
Very true. Tonight's crowd was dire. Here's hoping that things are happening. If they need help and support, I hope they'd ask.

TheStub said:
Chris said:
Very true. Tonight's crowd was dire. Here's hoping that things are happening. If they need help and support, I hope they'd ask.
I actually think the problem is pretty simple, if you go onto the official website unless you start looking at the calender there is nothing on there which straight away tells you who the next game is against and when, They need to stick a big sign on there which shows this

Finny

For the first time ever (I think?) I actually got an email advert on Friday for the game.

Surely I wasn't the only one?