Devils v Stingrays - 28/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #2
Re: Devils v Stingrays - 28/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Upda

Well attendance on gamesheet down as 1969 which makes this the biggest crowd of the season so far :)

6-1 up at the end of the second period should help to keep any new fans that have wandered down interested!

Brilliant game tonight, in all fairness I thought it was going to be a tight game but we played well tonight! I love how all 8 goals were scored by 8 different players.
It was great to see Luke, Adam and Joe having some ice time. Finally! You could see Joe was disappointed for letting those 3 goals in but he shouldn't be. He still did some saves and considering he doesn't get any ice time he did well. I'm sure if he had more ice time, he'll become as goodas Stevie.
Nice to see Hardings have a little fo as well, I don't know what caused it. The Stringrays kid just wanted to show off or something? Think he was bleeding by the end of it as well and good to see him pat Hardings back. Think he didn't realise he met his match.

Good 2 points going in tomorrows game. Hopefully it'll be 4 points!

I had a newbie next to me tonight, and he loved it. Enjoyed the game and Harding at the end was the icing on the cake. He can't wait to come back.

He didn't know anything about the game, but did notice how good Pierce was.

Ger-Devils

Big 2points witth Blaze losing.

Team played well overall but still think our PK way better than PP. 2 SHG on the same pk sums it up. 8 different scorers tonight. When was the last time we had this?

Great crowd tonight. I know we has a deal on but still it's great to see a near packed tent again. It's been a while apart from Sheff CC game

I'm glad someone stepped up to chamberlain. Well done harding for doing it. Decent fight but a draw overall I think?

Boucher very ropey tonight and the D were missing for Hull at times. Campbell very quiet tonight in terms of physicality. Not like him. Hope for another 2points tomorrow.

Ger-Devils

helloimclaire said:
Ger-Devils said:
Campbell very quiet tonight in terms of physicality. Not like him. Hope for another 2points tomorrow.
Apart from when he said fuck off to block 2.
That's pretty tame for him......... :roll:

helloimclaire said:
Ger-Devils said:
Campbell very quiet tonight in terms of physicality. Not like him. Hope for another 2points tomorrow.
Apart from when he said fuck off to block 2.
A very Campbell response to being told to get a bigger helmet :D

TheStub

Great game from the Devils. They were clinical and did what needed to be done.

We rolled 3.5 lines and kept Hull out of the game.

After the second period, where we decimated them, the game was never in doubt. The third we just pulled back and saved ourselves for tomorrow. The return fixture could be interesting.

Sheincar

ginguskahn said:
helloimclaire said:
Ger-Devils said:
Apart from when he said f*** off to block 2.
A very Campbell response to being told to get a bigger helmet :D
We actually reckon he's a conehead & that's why his helmet doesn't fit :lol:

Gazza272

Ger-Devils said:
I'm glad someone stepped up to chamberlain. Well done harding for doing it. Decent fight but a draw overall I think?

I'ed give the edge to Harding just for Chamberlain having to check his nose for blood after the fight :lol:

Gazza272 said:
Ger-Devils said:

I'ed give the edge to Harding just for Chamberlain having to check his nose for blood after the fight :lol:
You could see it in Chamerlain's eyes before the fight - 'oh I can take this little guy any day'. The irony is Adam is well used to that side of the game from the ENL. Chamberlain had the shock of his life!

Nasty fight, with good punches thrown...well done Adam. Great stuff to attract newbies back.

jimmy snels

shoes_off said:
Gazza272 said:
Ger-Devils said:

You could see it in Chamerlain's eyes before the fight - 'oh I can take this little guy any day'. The irony is Adam is well used to that side of the game from the ENL. Chamberlain had the shock of his life!

Nasty fight, with good punches thrown...well done Adam. Great stuff to attract newbies back.
what i found quite strange was that chamberlain seemed to me to be harrassing sam smith before it. harding said something as he skated past and clouitier told chamberlain to get off the ice. next face off clouitier asked harding if he wanted him back out which he obviously said yes to, and off it went. bizzare that chamberlain wanted to scrap smith to start and seemed a strange series of events that followed! :lol:

Wasn't this all to do with Chamberlain jumping Davies when we were last in Hull? Harding iced the previous home game v Hull for this fight, but Chamberlain got chucked for spearing Voth after just 1 shift. This on'es been on the cards for a while I believe :D

Big credit to the two of them, excellent fight and respect for each other shown :)

yes, this goes back to the davies fight, but before chamberlain had words with sam he was chopsin at vanderveeken at a face/off, he knows an import 3 times bigger than him is goin to turn him down so he moved on to the next best thing a big brit, sam ignored him so he picked on the next best on offer, young guy new to the league and green, harding, the clues in the name jack ! from wot i ve heard chamberlains nose got broke hens the leavin of the ice with blood, good fight tho.

Wannabe2

Two young guns going at it, and a cracking fight to watch and to gee up the crowd. Nice to see young lads willing to drop them and adding a bit of spice to the game. Have to say the future of the Devils is looking very good with the crop of yound men that are coming thru, each and everyone of them are doing themselves and the club very proud at the moment, and its great to see.

ASHIPP

Very enjoyable game last night - great to see the BBT so full everywhere and a real buzz about the place just like old times. Hopefully PR and the Club will be very pleased by that.

Valuable 2 points for the Devils - hope they can do the same tonight, although I think this will be a tough game on Hull's ice. Blaze will also be looking to reverse their result from last night.....this is a great chance for the Devils to help consolidate their 4th place. :D

There is no doubt the Devils' pk strategy is one of the best in the league - but the pp is still stuttering. Compare it with the style of Giants' pp on Wednesday - seamless and fast. Last night's game gave the forwards all a chance to set up and score goals - good to see they were still looking for those right until the end. Some excellent shots too - Kenton and Tank - but Ben's collaboration with Richie for goal 1 was particularly well worked.

Full credit to G and Franny for playing EVERY player on our bench last night. It was the right moment and those guys will just get more effective everytime they get chances like that. At several points there was a full British line on the ice, holding their own against good imports. :cool: Fantastic to see how these guys have evolved and settled. Can't wait for more of the same.

Arrrgh - only the second home league game I've missed this season after a last minute decision to do something else after thinking "games against Hull are usually rubbish" - couldn't believe it when I seen the result. Hopefully they can do it again tonight.

Well done Devils.