Devils v Storm - 23/12 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527

ASHIPP

No doubt about it - this, as with every game now, is a MUST WIN. Giants and Steelers are both consistently winning now and will certainly collect more points this week and next. Although they are catching up on games in hand, that 12 point lead for the Devils has already been reduced to 8.

pjj365

Assume all 3 score maximum points to 31/12 - we don't play each other - looks like end of year could be

Devils - play 28 - 45 points
Giants - play 27 - 43 points
Steelers - play 25 - 41 points

Assume games in hand played and won then

Giants - 45 points
Steelers - 47 points

So, even with 24 games to go for Devils, every game is a must win

Assume all 3 score maximum points to 31/12 - we don't play each other - looks like end of year could be

Devils - play 28 - 45 points
Giants - play 27 - 43 points
Steelers - play 25 - 41 points

Assume games in hand played and won then

Giants - 45 points
Steelers - 47 points

So, even with 24 games to go for Devils, every game is a must win
I think I'm looking at the up-to-date table, and by my reckoning it would be 39 for Belfast after 27 played, and 37 for Steelers after 25 played (a decent chance of Nottingham taking some points off them as well).

pjj365

I think I'm looking at the up-to-date table, and by my reckoning it would be 39 for Belfast after 27 played, and 37 for Steelers after 25 played (a decent chance of Nottingham taking some points off them as well).
I counted up on Flashscore so may have missed counted and you are right about Panthers but I just made asumptions of all winning

Whichever - it is all to play for

Rob Batch

It will be interesting to see if the Storm try the old 'sit back then hit us on the break' tactic. I hope they do as our lads should be getting used to it by now ! Hoping for lots of goals !!

Justtw

This is overly pessimistic but, how are we top of the league? Last year we loved storm games as they were easy 2 points with high goal scores. Now we can't get anything in the back of the net. Just checked the Giants game, 6-1. It feels like we're slow, lethargic, with no real passion. I still think that this season's team has some incredible players but overall it just feels, meh.. It makes me frustrated because I know we're better than this, we deserve to win the league this season but every game is getting slower & drabber, with less goals.

Im not at the game but I agree the last few games I have seen we just done a enough to win.
Personally I think we are gunna fall short again this year!

Can't put my finger on what it is exactly but your right things seem to be over played at times and Fournier and hotham I have always said it make to many mistakes and think they got to much time on the puck. Ulmer needs gone imo doesn't do enough for me he is supposed to be our number one scorer.

Let's hope we get the two points tonight though :)

Justtw

Don't get me wrong, I love Andrew Hotham and tonight he has been greedy but overall I think he's a great player. But fournier has pissed me off far too many times now. We have so many great new players Asselin, Brine, Louis, Ulmer that get half the ice time.

Also I've noticed the passion is much less when Lordo isn't on the ice and that is not right.. He shouldn't have to play just to pump up the boys, they should be doing that themselves!! After second in the league, second in the challenge cup and loss in the play offs last year, I think the fans want a win more than ever!!

backrow

Going 1 for 8 on the Power Play made the game really frustrating. Only difference I saw all game on the Power Play was when Myers went out for 1 shift to park in front of the net.