Devils v Vipers - 31/01 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl and as always, the host can be reached using matchnightlive@gmail.com

With any luck the Devils will have won their 2 away games on Friday and Saturday before playing at home.

Not sure if the Vipers are hoping for Jorde and Hughes to have arrived in time for this game, if not are we looking at another 8 or 9 man Vipers team?

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Could we...... surely not............. possibly .................. win this weekend ? We all wanted a 6 pointer looks like 2 will have to do! :shock:

James

Administrator
TheDevilTorn said:
Could we...... surely not............. possibly .................. win this weekend ? We all wanted a 6 pointer looks like 2 will have to do! :shock:
Hopefully 3 will do :)

Devils have beaten Vipers 9-2 and 8-3 so far this season, and Vipers have had a few other hammerings this season and lost 5-1 at home last night. Any win will do tonight though. I think there'll be some very angry fans if we don't win tonight. As was brought up on the Stingrays thread, we should support them through thick and thin, and as long as they give 100% I'll be satisfied. It's fair enough to critise and be disheartened if they don't though.

Unfortunately I think we're now in a position of making sure we don't slip down the league and hold on to 4th as 3rd is looking very unlikley.

Come on Devils - give us something to cheer :D

A

Anonymous

ledgend777 said:
Devils have beaten Vipers 9-2 and 8-3 so far this season, and Vipers have had a few other hammerings this season and lost 5-1 at home last night. Any win will do tonight though. I think there'll be some very angry fans if we don't win tonight. As was brought up on the Stingrays thread, we should support them through thick and thin, and as long as they give 100% I'll be satisfied. It's fair enough to critise and be disheartened if they don't though.

Unfortunately I think we're now in a position of making sure we don't slip down the league and hold on to 4th as 3rd is looking very unlikley.

Come on Devils - give us something to cheer :D
Spot on dude!!

Finny

Despite some of the negativity on here, it looks like ticket sales for tonights game are going really well. If we get a decent walk-up crowd we could have another good attendance.

TheDevilTorn said:
Negativity? What do you expect man? :lol:
Doesnt everyone get sick of moaning all the time though ?

I stopped reading the Cage due to their fans continually bitching about players and the team etc......we seem to be ,sadly, heading the same way.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't go that far. We lost to the two weakest teams in the league both within 24 hours. Its to be expected. It proves how important Romfo is to our defence. EVERY TIME hes in the bin we concede ?? :?

A

Anonymous

Get ready for some more moaning as Vipers take a 3 to 2 lead. 5 on 3 advantage its hardly surprising. At home, against a team we should destroy really, should we be giving away soooooooooo many penalties? Ooooooh its all happening, 3:3 and Towe gets an assist, havent heard his name in a while. What is going on I ask myself (literally) 3:4 down, my oh my :cry:

A

Anonymous

I knew we would win, never doubted it. The players, coaching staff, all of them, rock!! We are the best!! ;)

wooo a win, at last :p now i can breath a sigh of relief. Close though, sounds like miller had a cracker, bought time really he does seem to work his butt of quite regularly (from what i've seen at home games not away) but not get too many rewards.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #16
From the texts I received at the end, 5minutes of good play saved tonights result...

Still, we got the points so can't really complain.

Chris.

kettdevil1

Chris said:
From the texts I received at the end, 5minutes of good play saved tonights result...

Still, we got the points so can't really complain.

Chris.
Wasn't at the game so might be way off however....

Isn't this typical of this part of the season? In reality we are not going to win the league, we look pretty much nailed on for fourth and so the motivation is not as high as it could be.

The players must realise that the key matches coming up are the Challenge Cup Final and the Playoffs and hence, I would imagine that we will be seeing quite a few of these matches in the next few weeks (before everyone starts sniffing the playoffs)

The encouraging thing is that we did what was necessary to win. When we look back in a few years we will see the W rather than remembering the match...

For what my opinion is worth I found tonight a mixture of emotions. In all honesty I found the first 2 periods pretty boring. I was delighted with the end result but above all I left pretty frustrated. I mean, as soon as the Vipers went 3-2 up, we saw a completely different Devils team. I ask myself why we needed to go a goal down to eventually turn on the style. It showed that this team has so much talent when they want to use it and it annoyed me that we had coasted for so long and only reacted when need be.

I hope that doesn't come across too negative, I'm very happy with a victory against Newcastle, just a little frustrated that we were very reactive as opposed to pro-active tonight.

As a side note, when we have a player skating with the puck down the wings, or even when we're setting a play up, why do we have no-one skating straight to the net looking to pick up any scraps? I thought Robinson gave up alot of rebounds tonight and a real goal-poacher could have filled his boots!

Anyway, well done lads on digging in for the last 10 minutes of a 3 game weekend. Enjoy your beers tonight, Im sure Millsy will!!

Max

We can quite safely go back to complaining about the officiating tonight, as Darnell had an absolute shocker. He missed practically everything the Vipers did, and should have been awarded the assists on their 3rd and 4th goals. Not to mention the goal washed out. Robinson wasn't even close to having it covered but Darnell was quite happy to whistle the play down.

All in all we were the far better team tonight, and would have probably won by a bigger margin were it not for some of Darnell's bizarre penalty calls.

Wannabe2

We got out of jail big time tonight, we were pretty aweful for the first 2 periods, we played a very very average team tonight and made them look above that at times. In the end the result and Millers hat trick improved the night for the fans. However i do realise this was the 3rd game in 3 nights, but there wasnt much passion or spirit shown for 2 periods. Now as i see it when we come out hitting, and banging we take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate, this is the proven formula for our team this season, but when we dont we let the other team into the game and that makes it extra hard work for ourselves, so why oh why dont we keep to what works for us. If we have team toughness, then why dont we use it, use it, and use it, the fans love watching the game when we throw it about, it shows in the noise and the atmosphere so why oh why dont we stick to a proven tactic, and one that the fans love to watch.