Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Ocko

Re: Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda

Agree on the points about Fournier; for me the best player on the ice tonight.

terry hunt

I notice that the Zagreb goalie is English born.

From Plymouth and has loads of top level experience could be one to watch for the GB team

terry hunt

I dont know if anyone noticed problems in their area but there were some duplicate tickets in our

Block 19.

5 people found their seats occupied when they arrived they were relocated without any hassle.

Agree with a lot of previous posts. Really impressed by the effort put in by the Devil's plenty of skill on show. Unlikely we will come up against such speed and sustained pressure from any elite league teams. Looking forward to the season proper.

tim78

Louis and Batch will be good to watch each week though id rather them be on the ice playing their game and some else in the box.

Struggled to notice the individual players standing out, there were shorter shifts and a more up paced game, every player seemed to be pushed and those little mistakes or bobbled pucks got picked up by Zagreb.

Exceptions to the above were Fournier and Myers, saw a few good and exiting burst from each plus Myers forecheck.

Early days and will be great watching the team this season.

matbur

Didn't go last night but got tickets for tonight and am looking forward.

Hope the club take on board the feedback regarding the intro, they're usually pretty good at 'getting it right' so hopefully it'll be sorted when season starts.

It's the old cliché "You learn more from a loss than a win" but definitely huge positives to be taken from that game. Checking elite prospects, the Zagreb team have 1200+ NHL games and 4400+ AHL games in the team so was always going to be a huge task to upset that team. Positives to take away, first game, things will most certainly sharpen up coupled with I think we had 2 bell ringers yesterday so we did threaten the net at a good few occasions. We won't have that opponent come the regular season, think it's great to hit the ground running against such a quality outfit.

One thing for sure, it's Going to be an exciting season! :twisted:

I found it really difficult to judge our team when the gap between the two is so big. It's great to see a team of this level, but this could go either way heading into the season. We could either go into the season on a high having learnt from our experience or start with their heads down after being beaten badly.

We do have other pre-season games mind and they'll be more telling I feel - the Blaze games in particular are quite telling I find.

Good weekend of results for the Devils big improvement tonight! Think we have a very intelligent player in Brine

Slartibartfast

Much better tonight. When the opposition is that fast you can only compete with quick slick passing and we did that at times tonight. Although we only scored once we put a lot more pressure on them.

That will be the hardest game we will play all season so it gets easier from here. Looking forward to see how we compete against Elite League teams.

Great exhibition of hockey tonight. Zagreb looked incredibly quick with very slick passing and a brilliant power play. Devils stuck at it and got better as the game went on. The Devils lines and d pairings looked good and Bownsey made some great saves

Disappointed with the size of the crowd given the quality of the opposition but I guess it's holiday season. However these kind of games don't come cheap so need to be well supported if their going to be repeated

On the new jerseys I did say I wasn't too keen seeing them on the website initially but like many have said seeing them tonight ( black strip) they look very good

Very enjoyable start to another hockey year

GO DEVILS!!!!!!

Wannabe2

Well how enjoyable was that, loved it, the boys done good big time. We were class tonight, the lads dug so deep it was a pure joy to watch. Playing against a team that oozes pure talent, and losing 6 zip the night before, the lads put it all behind them and showed everyone of us how good they really can be, and that bodes very well for our league. Tonight our opposition conceded their first goal against them in their pre season games. Money well spent by me this weekend, when your team leave it all on the ice, you can ask for no more, love it.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Foxy

Echo all the above and nice to see the boys pushing for that second goal right to the end.

They seem to have gelled together nicely already :D

backrow

Excellent effort by the Devils tonight! The biggest disappointment was the officiating with two or three borderline calls in my opinion, that resulted in power play goals.

Even though it's 2 losses this weekend I think we can safely say we have a very good team this season, we competed so well against a team that was obviously quiet a few leagues above us, 2 games under their belts, things are looking good

august04

That was an enjoyable game, much better than last night. No shortage of effort, plenty to be excited about for the coming season I think and Bowns made some superb saves. Thank goodness we've canned that bloody awful intro/video too - result!

Foot was of the gas a bit for the KHL team. Just need to see how we match against eihl teams now.

Devil94

Couple of thoughts on the new guys;

Louis looks like the defenceman we have wanted for a long time. Will become a fan favourite very quickly. Plays hard with a nasty streak, good skater and passer. Scott Hotham been a bit quiet this weekend, but looks the more defensively solid of the brothers. I enjoyed his partnership with Fournier.

Pleasantly surprised with the speed of Ulmer, thought pace might be his weakness but absolutely not, looks a great all round player. Bentivoglo looking sharp, plays the body, think we'll see him and Ulmer have some fun together this year.

Thought Asselin looked very rusty last night, which is understandable after a year out. Looked a bit sharper tonight, and showed us glimpses of what he can be capable of offensively. Hopefully he'll play more and more rust off as the pre season games continue.

Brine looks a solid defensive forward. Was on the first PK line, and out some good shifts in, looks a hard worker. With all due respect to them both, Brine playing on a line with Piggsy and CJ, he won't get the chances he's used to in front of goal, but an important part of the forwards package.

terry hunt

I really enjoyed both games on the weekend and agree with most that has been said.

I hope that TK and the owners havent incurred losses as a result of the lower than usual

attendances.I hope we will see more teams like this at Cardiff.

Our previous owners with the exception of Temme would never have done this.

It is a clear indication if one was needed of their class and ambition.

Out of the new guys, standouts for me were:

Brine - looked solid on the puck and always seemed to have good defensive coverage. Think he will be a solid two way player for us.

Louis - seems a great upgrade on Hendrikx in terms of size and skating. Also seems to have the same sort of nasty edge which is good to see. Think he will be entertaining along with some of the other characters in the league.

Still think we look light up front and there is almost nil physicality or forechecking from the forwards aside from Haddad and Myers.