Devils Vs Blaze –29th August 7.30pm Face Off-Chat/Updates

voth26

Re: Devils Vs Blaze –29th September 7.30pm Face Off-Chat/Upd

I really wanted someone to put Sam smith on his backside, he went straight after davies when he jumpe din to help max, also noticed that egener went afyer ben a few times when there was a skirmish

Re: Re: Devils Vs Blaze –29th September 7.30pm Face Off-Chat

Ingramator said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
KaneDevils said:
If this results in a ban for Maxi, the sport will lose fans, me for one. I've seen a hell of a lot worse that that! Remember last season when Tait took a swing, with his stick, at the ref?
If Domish hadn't of been injured we wouldn't be talking about the hit. Just a bit unfortunate for the 'beard'.

This league and it's governing body I trust, yeah right. I wait with baited breath for a verdict.

:roll:
If the league do anything about this I hope the club defend it vehemently, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either
When was last time club did that? Overturn a call?
Just a waste of time with the EIHL /Steelers and especially Kirkham in control. Ween was the last time the guy saw a live game let alone officate one, so out of touch

voth26 said:
I really wanted someone to put Sam smith on his backside, he went straight after davies when he jumpe din to help max, also noticed that egener went afyer ben a few times when there was a skirmish
Didn't you see batch put smith down?

Re: Re: Re: Devils Vs Blaze –29th September 7.30pm Face Off-

Ingramator said:
KaneDevils said:
If this results in a ban for Maxi, the sport will lose fans, me for one. I've seen a hell of a lot worse that that! Remember last season when Tait took a swing, with his stick, at the ref?
If Domish hadn't of been injured we wouldn't be talking about the hit. Just a bit unfortunate for the 'beard'.

This league and it's governing body I trust, yeah right. I wait with baited breath for a verdict.

:roll:
If the league do anything about this I hope the club defend it vehemently, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either
When was last time club did that? Overturn a call?
Just a waste of time with the EIHL /Steelers and especially Kirkham in control. Ween was the last time the guy saw a live game let alone officate one, so out of touch
Honestly don't know who that guy is lol but why the Steelers?

voth26

Ingramator said:
voth26 said:
Didn't you see batch put smith down?
Nope missed that!!, he was more physical in a 5/6 mins spell than he was all season for us lol

ben got nocked down a few time's by olson, very hard ! think ben is going to have a break out year, he just keeps on improving. as for that hit, there was more chance of it finishing max's career, dont forget the injury he incured last year and then to have all the brave of chavtown jump him and punch him to the back of the head area. and tommo give it a rest, you sign up a load of big tuff guy's to lets say inflict some pain on the opposition when needed, and cry to the eihl brass soon as one of your guy's get's level'd. ( hope he's ok and is back as soon as possible ) he is shorter than max and had his head down, these things happen, grow a pair, i'm sick of christienson, finnerty, tommo crying to the league every season trying to get one of ours banned and then the farce that is the disaplinary system banning voth, tylor etc for as long as thay can get away with. and poeple moaned about the parking £ over principle, far bigger reasons to get fumming about .

DevilDom

redtilldead said:
ben got nocked down a few time's by olson, very hard ! think ben is going to have a break out year, he just keeps on improving. as for that hit, there was more chance of it finishing max's career, dont forget the injury he incured last year and then to have all the brave of chavtown jump him and punch him to the back of the head area. and tommo give it a rest, you sign up a load of big tuff guy's to lets say inflict some pain on the opposition when needed, and cry to the eihl brass soon as one of your guy's get's level'd. ( hope he's ok and is back as soon as possible ) he is shorter than max and had his head down, these things happen, grow a pair, i'm sick of christienson, finnerty, tommo crying to the league every season trying to get one of ours banned and then the farce that is the disaplinary system banning voth, tylor etc for as long as thay can get away with. and poeple moaned about the parking £ over principle, far bigger reasons to get fumming about .
Spot on.

remember they used to be known as the barons,is that the lowest form of lordship, what a waste of space ,blame one person thommo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

redtilldead said:
Well if there is nothing wrong with the hit it wont matter that its been reported will it? Theres a difference between playing physically and hitting someone to the head causing injury. I beleive it was a poorly timed hit and deserves a ban, and Thomo has every right to ask the question to get clarification from the league.

James

Administrator

bigmo said:
Well if there is nothing wrong with the hit it wont matter that its been reported will it? Theres a difference between playing physically and hitting someone to the head causing injury. I beleive it was a poorly timed hit and deserves a ban, and Thomo has every right to ask the question to get clarification from the league.
Well Domish has tweeted he thought it wasn't a bad hit, just bad timing.

Unfortunately in Cardiff we are used to getting the ban no matter whether its the right or wrong decision.

drainage

bigmo said:
redtilldead said:
Even though Domish has said it wasnt a dirty hit (he said not dirty and not clean ??) - which I am sure wont help the cause?? Were you at the game by the way ? The issue with the reporting is the constant need to cite something everytime someone gets hit .... its a physical game and a contact sport people get hit and not every injury = bad play by the opposition !!! Its time some people grew a pair and just got on with it..... I dont wish Domish or anyone hurt but its a risk when you play a game like ice hockey.

And I thought he was asking the league to look at the particular hit not asking what constitutes a bad hit ? He isnt asking for clarification he is asking for the hit to be looked at - world of difference.

Have Hope#35

bigmo said:
redtilldead said:
Funny how Domish himself said on Twitter that he has a lot of time for Birbraer and that it was a clean hit! Thommo needs to get over himself! If you have a team of tough guys you've got to be prepared to take a hit from time to time!

DevilDom

bigmo said:
Domish himself said it wasn't a dirty check. The point is, where does this stop? Are we going to end up the way of football with every little incident reviewed because coaches go tit for tat? I'm sure there were other incidents in the game we could have asked to be reviewed but at the end of day you just have to take the ref's interpretation of the incident. After all, Hockey is supposed to be a tough game that is what makes it so good to watch.

osh

Have Hope#35 said:
[quote
Funny how Domish himself said on Twitter that he has a lot of time for Birbraer and that it was a clean hit! Thommo needs to get over himself! If you have a team of tough guys you've got to be prepared to take a hit from time to time!

I don't think Domish actually said it was a clean hit. He stated that Max is a good guy and it wasn't a dirty hit neither was it a clean hit! As for Thommo, he has every right to question any serious incident that affects his players, and I have no problems with that. As for having a team of 'tough guys who've got to be prepared to take a hit' you are quite right, but it had nothing to do with the hit on Domish. I feel the hit was fair and Domish had his head down not up and that's hardly Max's fault. If it happened to our player G would be doing the same thing for sure.

Have Hope#35

osh said:
Have Hope#35 said:
[quote

I don't think Domish actually said it was a clean hit. He stated that Max is a good guy and it wasn't a dirty hit neither was it a clean hit! As for Thommo, he has every right to question any serious incident that affects his players, and I have no problems with that. As for having a team of 'tough guys who've got to be prepared to take a hit' you are quite right, but it had nothing to do with the hit on Domish. I feel the hit was fair and Domish had his head down not up and that's hardly Max's fault. If it happened to our player G would be doing the same thing for sure.
I disagree... I think G would realise that it's part of the game, players are going to get injured! Like you said, the hit was a good one... I don't feel G would question a good hit, for or against him!
It's been discussed in an earlier post... There are coaches out there who want bans for everything, some justified, most not and Thommo is one of them! And ok that wasn't exactly what Domish was saying on Twitter, but I did think that what he said was inferring that he didn't want Birbraer to get a ban!

Hmmm....I think some of the fans and management of the Blaze might want to be careful they don't get what they wish for and for early precedents to be set. Especially given the make up of the roster they have put together this season.

I thought at the time it was a fair but hard mid-ice hit made to look worse because of the position of the second Devils player behind Domish. From the one video angle I have seen Max appears to have his feet on the ice when contact is made and Domish seems to be looking for something he has dropped on the ice and that is why there may have been contact with his face.

drainage

Tyke Devil said:
Hmmm....I think some of the fans and management of the Blaze might want to be careful they don't get what they wish for and for early precedents to be set. Especially given the make up of the roster they have put together this season.

I thought at the time it was a fair but hard mid-ice hit made to look worse because of the position of the second Devils player behind Domish. From the one video angle I have seen Max appears to have his feet on the ice when contact is made and Domish seems to be looking for something he has dropped on the ice and that is why there may have been contact with his face.
Its all Ben's fault !!! loitering behind Domish like that ....... :D

and agree - its clear the games against Cov will be nothing short of full on - if they insist on taking this approach they will reap what they sow ........ given Domish seems to have no axe to grind I would have thought that says all thats needed??

drainage said:
bigmo said:
redtilldead said:
Even though Domish has said it wasnt a dirty hit (he said not dirty and not clean ??) - which I am sure wont help the cause?? Were you at the game by the way ? The issue with the reporting is the constant need to cite something everytime someone gets hit .... its a physical game and a contact sport people get hit and not every injury = bad play by the opposition !!! Its time some people grew a pair and just got on with it..... I dont wish Domish or anyone hurt but its a risk when you play a game like ice hockey.

And I thought he was asking the league to look at the particular hit not asking what constitutes a bad hit ? He isnt asking for clarification he is asking for the hit to be looked at - world of difference.
Yes i was at the game and i thought it at the time. I assume if a similar hit happens on a Devils player, from say a Steelers player, that no fuss whatsoever will be made from Devils fans and will accept it as 'part of the game'. As i said in my original post if the hit is so clean then why are all devils fans worried about it being reported?