Devils Vs Blaze -Challenge Cup Semi - Chat/Updates

BostonBart22

Devil_Bluebird said:
Devil94 said:
Can someone with good contacts ask if our players can stay standing on the blue line after English anthem, then we'll sing ours with music over or not! Don't care if the blaze don't or if their fans sit down.
Matt Myers doesnt stay on the blueline until the end of the Welsh anthem at home so theres no chance of that happening :lol:
going back in the wnir days if a player left the blue line before the anthem finished, that player was given a 2 minute penalty at the start of the game , and it did happen but cant remember which team or player was involved .

dave

BostonBart22 said:
going back in the wnir days if a player left the blue line before the anthem finished, that player was given a 2 minute penalty at the start of the game , and it did happen but cant remember which team or player was involved .

Hilton Ruggles definitely got one penalty for doing that

Sheincar

Devil_Bluebird said:
Devil94 said:
Can someone with good contacts ask if our players can stay standing on the blue line after English anthem, then we'll sing ours with music over or not! Don't care if the blaze don't or if their fans sit down.
Matt Myers doesnt stay on the blueline until the end of the Welsh anthem at home so theres no chance of that happening :lol:
That really bugs me; if a Welsh player won't respect the anthem why should others. Call him for it and he'll soon stop it.

BostonBart22

dave said:
BostonBart22 said:

Hilton Ruggles definitely got one penalty for doing that
thats the one...thanks for reminder.

dave

Earnie said:
Correct. It was Hilton Ruggles and I think Taggart was the referee?

Yeap spot on.. An email had gone out the weekend before instructing a clamp down on it for a few weeks in all leagues as for some reason it had become a regularly reported issue.

Finny said:
Not standing for another teams Anthem is disrespectful, and what I would expect from English football fans, not Cardiff Devils fans.
Just this. I'm English and a Devils Fan and volunteer. I always stand for the Welsh National Anthem. Happy and very proud to do so. My other half is Welsh, my Daughter although born in England is........Welsh also. Although she became very Anglified during the 6 Nations recently ;) Ouch!

My point is...as Finny says..It is disrespectful to not stand for any National Anthem. To not do it because "they didn't" is a little bit childish I reckon. Be the bigger person or Nation for that matter.

TBH. The rest of the World are just jealous because you guys have the best Anthem in the World. Just awesome when I hear it loud and proud! Nothing better IMHO.

Anyhoo.....Lets go Devils!...Huge game tonight. Paid for the webcast..can't wait for it to start.

mazza03

BostonBart22 said:
Devil_Bluebird said:
Devil94 said:
I have a feeling it was Hilton Ruggles, Fiinny help please

In between writing and posting this a few other posts told the story. :lol:

A solid performance tonight, and great to see Tahtinen get his first goal. That 5 on 3 PKG killed them. Hats off to the 400 or so who deafened the Skydome!!
:Banana

Chris

Administrator
3 goal lead into the 2nd leg, i'll take that :D

Sounds like the travelling fans were in fine form again! I saw mention of about 400 travelling?

SteveKing

Outstanding win. That sequence at the end of the second period was legendary! I'll be looking into flights to Cardiff for the home fixture on the 7th, Red Army bus to Sheffield (if they'll have me!) and back home from Sheffield Monday morning. Brian, Craig and Kelly should also be making the trip.

Can't wait!

Devil94

Perfect road game tonight, didn't give them a sniff offensively and we took our chances.
Culligam for me was immense, as he often is.
Tahtinen won every face off and great slip see him get a goal.

voth26

SteveKing said:
Outstanding win. That sequence at the end of the second period was legendary! I'll be looking into flights to Cardiff for the home fixture on the 7th, Red Army bus to Sheffield (if they'll have me!) and back home from Sheffield Monday morning. Brian, Craig and Kelly should also be making the trip.

Can't wait!
Your very welcome Steve, PS you do know you own the club don't you :lol: :lol:

Wagstaff

Both teams got exactly what they deserved from tonight, at the end of the first it was all to play for and not a lot between the teams but I think the second killed us off especially Lord coming out of the box and scoring at the death.
Safe journey home Devils, I should imagine you will be voiceless by the time you wake in the morning, I think that was the longest final two minutes chant in history! Fair play for keeping it going!

SteveKing said:

Can't wait!
Steve, it's strange (but wonderful) to get used to an owner who cares...really cares! Going away with the Red Army is special, so please book your flights :D

Well done Devils, they played a great game and clearly had a good game plan and executed it perfectly.

Pathetic from the Blaze again, I used to hate us losing to the devils but this season it's sad that I don't actually mind, I like the way your team plays. I'll be making the journey across the border Wednesday but can't imagine there will be many of us!