Devils Vs Blaze - League - 11th March 23 - 19:00 FO

lloyd_jeff

Broken, no to be broken you needed to have worked. I’d say Dupont is bland, he was as a player and is as a coach. As for aspirations, the owners talk a lot, in the coming off season if those words materialise, coming in a period of uncertainty surrounding the IAW the last thing the club needs is falling ticket numbers and another year of poor quality. Then there is Teflon Todd who is still unsure which club he’s at, ridiculous, thankfully we have a rubbish sound system to drown out the bingo caller.

Hedd Wyn John

I didn't see the game but I just watched the Dupont interview, which seemed pretty much his standard set of clichés. He just doesn't have the vibe of someone who is full of ideas and is driven. If I had to pick one word to describe him, it would be broken.
The season is drawing to a close with a whimper, we've been waiting patiently for things to come together and performances to improve for a big final push at the league. Instead it's turning into a damp squib. Lots of questions to ask of DuPont and of the team and I don't think they have many answers.

pjj365

Broken, no to be broken you needed to have worked. I’d say Dupont is bland, he was as a player and is as a coach. As for aspirations, the owners talk a lot, in the coming off season if those words materialise, coming in a period of uncertainty surrounding the IAW the last thing the club needs is falling ticket numbers and another year of poor quality. Then there is Teflon Todd who is still unsure which club he’s at, ridiculous, thankfully we have a rubbish sound system to drown out the bingo caller.
The uncertainty surrounding IAW has lessened as Todd stated on Thursday we have a 15 year lease.
What is uncertain is how this slots into the lease for the 2nd pad
Is the lease direct with the Council or a third party
What kind of lease Is it - repair and maintain or just operate for example
Does it supersede the 2nd pad lease, if repair then does it include the second pad
So many other combinations which may be costly/difficult to comply with

E.D.S.

Given Dupont's decision making is so woeful why would you give him the opportunity to source his own team and lead the team next year. Time to cut him loose.

lloyd_jeff

The uncertainty surrounding IAW has lessened as Todd stated on Thursday we have a 15 year lease.
What is uncertain is how this slots into the lease for the 2nd pad
Is the lease direct with the Council or a third party
What kind of lease Is it - repair and maintain or just operate for example
Does it supersede the 2nd pad lease, if repair then does it include the second pad
So many other combinations which may be costly/difficult to comply with
If it’s an operator with a proven track record of successfully running similar facilities, yes absolutely. If it’s not, a lease isn’t worth anything if the lease holder fails, pulls out or provides evidence for a complete repurposing of the facility etc. The Council openly stated it would loose the rinks than fund there continuation. The time period is inconsequential in all aspects for the Devils, its survival is dependent on being solvent, so far in its history, the IAW hasn’t been.

lloyd_jeff

That OT goal says all you need to know about Reid. The guy can't skate. Just isn't good enough for this level. Such a risk playing him in OT. Something that Dupont should be well aware of. Duponts decision making is woeful.
At this point I’d have put Brandt out, he may not be goal machine you’d bet on, but he’d at least give it 200%, in hockey sometimes that is enough to freak a goal.

Wannabe2

For gods sake there is no period of uncertainty surrounding the IAW, Todd has announced we have the lease for at least the next 15yrs, and here you go again with your disrespectful name calling Teflon Todd, without Teflon Todd, we would have been dragged down by Pitiful Paul, or even worse Bankrupt Bob. This is a pretty lousy season without a doubt, but there’s only 2 teams having a good season, and they’re positioned in the top 2 position. We aint having a blast here, but the Steelers have 9,000 fans on the verge of commiting Hari Kari, and those unlucky enough to live in Nottingham with a really poor organisation, having a great venue and a shoddy product lying in 7th place out of 10. So never forget there’s always someone worse off than yourself, our product ain’t good we all know that but it most certainly won’t be like water off a ducks arse to our owners. These guys travelled a long way, paid out a lot of money, done a great job honouring the best D Man we ever had, and witnessed some real dross, these guys are true fans they have season tickets for their home team, their kids play hockey, and like us all they want to win. We hopefully will learn from a pretty boring season, we don’t have any right to win,like the other 9 in our league, but we should have the right to be entertained, and this season has been far from that. If ever we needed owners to take this situation by the scruff of the neck, then I believe we have just that, these guys love coming here and that’s fact, the last thing they want is disgruntled customers and certainly not disrespectful so called fans calling them out. I believe the off season could be one of the most interesting for a long time,,but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Swarley

Given Dupont's decision making is so woeful why would you give him the opportunity to source his own team and lead the team next year. Time to cut him loose.
I'm still baffled how Reid gets to play when Lou is healthy and ready to play, it makes absolutely no sense to keep playing a guy who hasn't turned up this season, drop him move Chad up and bring Lou back on D.

Dupont atm is punishing a good player and rewarding poor performance by allowing Reid to step foot on the ice.

With ref to the BDinterview , Keefe isn’t a bundle of fun when interviewed after a rare Belfast loss.

I am not convinced Lou is a healthy scratch. The best candidate for that has to be Reid?
Lou is 100% healthy it's Dupont that made the choice to bench him in favor of keeping Reid happy with his under performing skating and pointless ice time.

kettdevil1

Good to be back in Cardiff and a decent game to get to. It seemed very scrappy in the first period but built nicely after that. I thought we were a bit unlucky not to get the two points but a couple of errors (whichever winger got shrugged off the puck for the first Blaze goal was particularly frustrating) let the Blaze back into a game we had control of.

Interesting to see a few tactical tweaks - Brittain being used far more proactively than for most of this season and Crawford being kept far more on a leash than normal were the two I spotted. However, the fragility we have seen too often was still there and the general lack of confidence is a concern when we need to build for playoffs.

kettdevil1

Never thought I would be bored of ice hockey and not wanting to go but this season I can not wait for it to end ! And in douts of my season tickets 100% it’s piss poor and has been all season ! It’s a bore fest
Genuinely interested in this. We had a fight, some big hits, some superb bits of skill (Halbert is a player I can watch all night and Coughler was on a mission it felt like), some good goals and some bizarre goals, a tight game and whilst it was gutting to lose in OT, bar the result I wonder what else you want from a game?

jimmy snels

Genuinely interested in this. We had a fight, some big hits, some superb bits of skill (Halbert is a player I can watch all night and Coughler was on a mission it felt like), some good goals and some bizarre goals, a tight game and whilst it was gutting to lose in OT, bar the result I wonder what else you want from a game?
Tend to agree, post going 2-2 I thought it was a very entertaining period. Bland first I get but we went 2-2 and got hitting

Swarley

If Lou is fit and Reid is playing it's nonsense. Play Lou in defence and put on of chad as a forward. At least he'd hit!
Glad someone else had the same idea as me, Lou being out makes as much sense as the power play tactics Dupont has come up with all season long I'm all for Dupont being successful but he's yet to correct the mistakes he's made all season long, it says a lot when the entire arena can point out the mistakes over and over again to the point they now start booing him and the team because he just isn't getting things sorted.

2 home games left this season and he's fixed absolutely nothing.

moggy#9

I'm still baffled how Reid gets to play when Lou is healthy and ready to play, it makes absolutely no sense to keep playing a guy who hasn't turned up this season, drop him move Chad up and bring Lou back on D.

Dupont atm is punishing a good player and rewarding poor performance by allowing Reid to step foot on the ice.

Lou is 100% healthy it's Dupont that made the choice to bench him in favor of keeping Reid happy with his under performing skating and pointless ice time.
Reid and his habitual poor performances being tolerated puzzle me. I'd it a question of the coach playing his mate? Is it the embarrassment to to the club if they bench on off their higher paid players? One thing's for sure, if Reid had been on the books of Sheffield or Belfast he'd have been gone a long time ago.

Swarley

A coach who has a set of balls to bench an under performing forward who's stolen a seasons worth of wages instead of benching the one defender that has given 100% for the club for the last 6 years

Swarley

Reid and his habitual poor performances being tolerated puzzle me. I'd it a question of the coach playing his mate? Is it the embarrassment to to the club if they bench on off their higher paid players? One thing's for sure, if Reid had been on the books of Sheffield or Belfast he'd have been gone a long time ago.
If the coach is playing his mates over an actual player that has bled for this club year after year the owners really need a wake up call to the bullshit that's being produced by the coach and his mate, neither of them have learned from their mistakes this season all they've done is repeat the same poor ideas and performance again and again.

I get the owners see potential in Dupont but the line has be drawn somewhere surely.

Rhyan48

Last nite was a lot better but I am just on about this season as a whole ! Even the atmosphere I find is lacking just a personal thought though and how I see the game