Devils Vs Blaze - League - 22nd Dec 21

First off…Coventry deserved the win. Someone posted they weren’t that good, a bit unfair I think but it has also to be said that they didn’t have to be that good to beat our underperforming lot last night. It’s hard to judge from watching a stream game but the impression I got last night was of players just not putting the usual effort in that we have come to expect from our team. As for Skalde…well he can get as irate as he wants during an interview, but I hold him totally responsible for the on ice effort we have witnessed from the start of season until now. He just does not inspire me as a fan and I don’t think the players - many of whom have shown they can play a bit - believe in his tactics / game plans etc.
give me some of the old style no nonsense D men who opponents used to be wary of, we just don’t have that at this time.
It won’t happen, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if Skalde’s contract was terminated and we hand the reins over to Franny for the rest of the season, he certainly couldn’t do any worse, it would save money and I would imagine the players would then respond accordingly and put in what we all want to see, a 100% effort from everyone in every game, win or lose that would satisfy me.
I totally agree, maybe give hendrix a go at least he's passionate which appears to be outwardly missing currently.

Gospel

This team just hasnt & isnt gelling. I wonder how much of it is down to them not mixing outside of hockey? I reckon they need a right good piss up, air what they want with each other & crack on.

With so many away days on Sundays now it seems to be more of a chore than a pleasure for them and maybe thats showing in the performances, which have been pretty bad.

Wannabe2

Sack the coach ,DuPont and and get in someone to work along side franny this coaching team is shit bring in Thompson he would kick arse and get results
Are you fucking joking Thompson is hated in Cardiff, he would be the very worse signing they could make, There’s a ton of history between Cardiff and Thompson. He had his days when his clubs could spend whatever, he is done now.

jenks33

Are you fucking joking Thompson is hated in Cardiff, he would be the very worse signing they could make, There’s a ton of history between Cardiff and Thompson. He had his days when his clubs could spend whatever, he is done now.
I agree with you that I don’t think Thompson would be the right choice but it does concern me that he might end up here one day. It’s no secret that Kelman and Thompson get on very well but I’d like to think Todd knows it’s not worth the negativity it would bring.
Now Paul Dixon is a different story. I’d like to see him at the Devils one day. He’s never won anything at this level so I’m not 100% confident he would bring us trophies, I’m sure he would recruit a very entertaining team tho and hopefully that would lead to success.

BostonBart22

Utter shambles last night, it was like a pre season game , no hits, oh wait bad hit on Waller behind the net , no reaction from a devil on the ice , says it all this season , seemed like some players think the season is over with all this shit going around , looks like Mcnally got the shackles on him for some reason, didnt think i be saying this but cant wait for the season to be over and have a clear out in the summer , maybe bring 5 or 6 back and fans will slate me over this , give lordo a call at least he had passion on the bench,but that wont happen...even the owners have gone quiet think they have had a guts full as well, perhaps their money could be better spent elsewhere..thats my rant over , prob cool down by the next home game , as when that is we dont know, my guess february...

Mazzoak

Sack the coach, well I knew these comments would be coming around Christmas time the day after Skalde was announced as Coach.
I’m not convinced it’s totally his fault. I’m still convinced it’s the circumstances, budget (sorry no way have we spent big) and honestly for all us armchair experts maybe Skalde is fed up and wants to gas players and simply can’t. We don’t know what the relationship is like between management and coaches, maybe Skalde is being made to carry on without his advice being listened too. For me this isn’t simply blame the coach.
What we need is normality to return, what the club needs is to act, I don’t think either can happen without both.

august04 2.0

Utter shambles last night, it was like a pre season game , no hits, oh wait bad hit on Waller behind the net , no reaction from a devil on the ice , says it all this season , seemed like some players think the season is over with all this shit going around , looks like Mcnally got the shackles on him for some reason, didnt think i be saying this but cant wait for the season to be over and have a clear out in the summer , maybe bring 5 or 6 back and fans will slate me over this , give lordo a call at least he had passion on the bench,but that wont happen...even the owners have gone quiet think they have had a guts full as well, perhaps their money could be better spent elsewhere..thats my rant over , prob cool down by the next home game , as when that is we dont know, my guess february...
I don't think many will slate you for wanting to give Lordo a call!

Rempel16

Sack the coach, well I knew these comments would be coming around Christmas time the day after Skalde was announced as Coach.
I’m not convinced it’s totally his fault. I’m still convinced it’s the circumstances, budget (sorry no way have we spent big) and honestly for all us armchair experts maybe Skalde is fed up and wants to gas players and simply can’t. We don’t know what the relationship is like between management and coaches, maybe Skalde is being made to carry on without his advice being listened too. For me this isn’t simply blame the coach.
What we need is normality to return, what the club needs is to act, I don’t think either can happen without both.
So you're suggesting that the owners are to blame?

moggy#9

I don't think many will slate you for wanting to give Lordo a call!
Never go back. If he returned it would be an admission that he'd failed in North America. That would surely affect his mindset. Let's not forget that prior to his departure he was often slated by some on here for his predictable tactics. Skalde's biggest handicap has been his lack of familiarity with the league.

jenks33

It’s certainly not all his fault and covid has been and continues to be a problem for EVERY team in this league, NOT just the Devils as you seem to suggest time and time again. When I look at our roster do I think we were the biggest spenders? No but I think we’re top 3 biggest spenders so budget shouldn’t be an excuse really. We have spent less than previous seasons but so have every other team in the league. Certainly most teams.
What I can’t get on board with is this mentality of New coach , new players so we should accept the mediocre performances we’ve had for the past 4 months. I’m sorry that’s unacceptable in my book. I can live with inconsistency from a new team but we haven’t been inconsistent, we’ve been consistently dull to watch. And for the people that say “look at the league table” or “look at the wins we’ve had” again I don’t buy it. When you’ve got players like Reid, Carruth, Crandall, Sanford you are going to win games. Even if you had Brent Pope in charge! They will have moments of magic that will beat teams but that just papers over the cracks. It doesn’t mean that the team is gelling or it’s a recipe for long term success.

Wannabe2

For a bloke that predicts everything that happens like a bloody modern day Nostradamus, it’s a wonder you haven’t predicted the Eurolottery numbers, then bought the club and done all the stupid things you think should happen.

Mazzoak

So you're suggesting that the owners are to blame?
I don’t know is the honest answer.

We’ve got history of complaining (justifiably) on the Inferno about boring games, no physicality and players coasting. Yet we had statements on here from Steve saying they want physical hockey, which concludes it was the coaches style, yet the coach wanted physical hockey. The coach is gone, so someone’s not fully truthful or they don’t understand how to make physical exciting hockey in Cardiff.
We don’t sack players, so if you assess who is in charge now Lord is gone, yet the same actions are continuing, can we justify blaming it at Skalde’s door.

Mazzoak

For a bloke that predicts everything that happens like a bloody modern day Nostradamus, it’s a wonder you haven’t predicted the Eurolottery numbers, then bought the club and done all the stupid things you think should happen.
The last thing l‘d do is buy a hockey club, I’d pi88 off the fans..........