Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Dec 23 - FO 17:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Boxing Day means a game against the Blaze. This year we get to host. Blaze had a bit of ropey form at the start of the season but seem to be finding their groove. Devils could do with a bounce back after their trip to Sheffield.

ASHIPP

Two teams with erratic results very recently. Anything could happen but let's hope our Guys are the ones who are better prepared and have stayed off the mince pies and sherry.

ASHIPP

Spare a thought for the Panthers' players today. They are playing Steelers in that Sheffield arena for the first time since Adam Johnson's death. What courage that takes.

This is going to be one of the toughest games the Panthers will play this season with very sad memories of Adam. Best of luck to the guys. And thoughts for the Panthers' fans supporting their beloved team today.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
8-0 Final Score!

Wow, not the result I was expecting tonight!

For those at the game, a much better team effort or something going astray with the Blaze?

Pembo

I’ve missed a few games after being ill after the Scottish away trip so first time seeing us since then. Really like Wilde, early days but seems smooth and reads game well, apart from a stray pass at the end didn’t seem prone to turning puck over which is has been a bit of a problem for us recently. Nolan Kent was poor last time he played in Cardiff. Worst game I’ve seen from Kozun in Cardiff. That and general lack of fight/leaders on the ice from Blaze would worry me if I was a Cov fan. Dudek trying to start a fight with Busch but then unwilling to actually drop gloves when offered was emblematic of their game. Well done Devils, great bounce back win after the shutout in Sheffield. With Belfast surging back would be great if this kickstarts a good run going into the European games.

kristian

Great boxing dat win with out really having to get out of 2nd gear.
Highlight reel goal from Davies.
Also throught Batch had a solid game alongside Wilde.

Pembo

In a bid to beat the traffic ahead of the 2 hour journey home we dived out before MOTM for the Devils was announced, we’ve all gone for different players who got it in the end?!?

Hedd Wyn John

8-0 Final Score!

For those at the game, a much better team effort or something going astray with the Blaze?
Blaze had a few decent chances but couldn't convert.
8-0 Final Score!

Bit of both I'd say.

Last edited:

Diablo3

Tonight I think we made Blaze look bad, passing was much better, when we lost the puck we had two / three guys winning it back, that third period must have been torture for them, we just didn't let them near the puck. So impressed by Davies again tonight, that SHG was a thing of beauty. Now we need to back it up in their barn tomorrow.

8-0 Final Score!

We played really well and just played simple hockey and just threw the puck on net and we were there to bury the rebounds.

Ben goal was the best goal of the season so far absolute cracker and shorthanded aswell