Devils Vs Blaze - League - 6th April 24 - FO 19:00

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Bowns starts in unchanged squad from Wednesday.. should be a cracker as blaze need all the points they can get from 2 games, but we owe them big time , when they beat us on their pad to take lge away from us due to our poor display may I add.

Ejercito Rojas

Oooh, another opportunity to enjoy Coventry’s brand of 'anti-hockey'!!
All that 'clutch and grab' and that 'neutral ice trap’ (which unfortunately can be quite effective against our small forwards)………I can’t wait!

ASHIPP

Haven't heard booing or seen fans leaving early for a long time. But that performance deserved it. The last home league game this season.

Blaze desperately needed 2 points tonight. Our Guys made it so easy for them. Devils lacked chemistry, looked disjointed and tried to overcomplicate plays. So much dumping and chasing. Got to the point where it looked like nobody wanted the puck. Jamie Arniel, one of our classiest players, looked totally frustrated. He is missing the other game changer/his partner Cole Ully, and Tyler Busch's absence also hurting us.

Somebody shouted out to the players 'by the way, it's actually the team in red you need to pass to' ...summed it up for me!
Thankgoodness this wasn't a game that made a difference to Devils' league position, but if it's supposed to be a momentum-building strong performance for the playoff games, it didn't look like it worked tonight.

Last edited:
Shambolic of a performance, feel robbed spending good money to watch that shit. People saying it a meanless game, even when I have played friendly game, you still give it your all!
I'm confused with Russell, why didn't we swap goalies because another poor night and not good going into playoffs

Devils86

Wall not getting minutes screams volumes. We had zero puck luck and Blaze had it all but we made it too easy for them. The SHG, the chip from nowhere - it was as if everything that could go wrong, did. As ASHIPP said, thankfully that game didn't affect us more than momentum etc

Hope Pete laid into them, and this will be the first few minutes of a playoff winning episode of Oliver Hampson's series.

To any first time attendees I'd say we aren't usually that bad - but we have had it in us to turn in that type of performance all season. And we have...

I make a habit of buying a program from the last game of every season - so the results page is almost fully complete. Quite poor form to not have any message from Pete or Todd in there. Even a cursory "our last home league game of the season and thank you for support this season. Playoffs around the corner and we need your support to get us to POFW - hope you got your tickets blah blah..."

Wannabe2

Thank god I missed that shocking performance, not great for going into the play offs playing like that, Giants had the right idea they destroyed Steelers tonight and go into the quarters feeling pretty good. Let’s hope the Jekyl team show us soon, and not The Hyde lot that played tonight. Blaze have been pretty crap all season but that score line shows just how lousy this team can be, what a performance in front of good people who have spent their hard earned money. Shame on you.

terry hunt

I had a sneaking feeling this would happen.Blaze had to win at cardiff to stay in the mix.
The Devils travel to Glasgow tomorrow not an easy trip. I doubt they want to travel to Scotland next week.
Two games against Coventry would be cosy as long as they win.Tonights game was terrible being shut out in our arena like this.
They owe the fans an apology.If they intended to play like this they should have told the fans to stay at home and watch the Abba night on TV instead.
Our bench appeared to be unmoved by this performance.
As a side issue Taran Kozun looked the more reliable goalie tonight.

RedDevil17

This blowout was coming. Apart from the Sheffield game, we’ve been playing poor for weeks and scraping results. Tonight we got our ass handed to us on a plate. What annoyed me most was the lack of effort by most of the players…Barely a check thrown, constant dump and chase, poor defence, poor finishing and just dreadful tactics. The boo’s at the end tell the story of the game and rightfully earned. But hey ho…we have trading cards!

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Im hoping that was just a case of it being the end of season but it's hard to ignore some of the dire performances that have led up to this one. It could be the kick up the backside these boys need but I fear it may be something deeper as we crawl to the end of the season. Can't be easy for the boys, they've had nothing to play for for months, they don't seem to want to play for the fans, so hoping one last shot at silverware could be enough for them to up their game considerably.

As an aside, the Belfast V Sheffield highlights are up from last night. Is there someone more au fait with the rules of hockey than me, that can explain how the Giants get a penalty shot when their player was tripped on his own blue line, still had the length of the ice to skate and their were covering defenders as well? That was some call.

Embarrassing performance last night just zero effort and it seemed like the players were ready for the off season.We got to many passengers and needs a massive overhaul in the summer.

ASHIPP

Blaze in a worse position than our Guys (they were 9th) but still felt they had something to play for. A high scoring, shut out away game for them....now THAT is making a statement that they are still going to give it everything. Panthers also won last night, great to see.

BTW great to see Taran Kozun performing so well ...not that he had too much to worry about with the opposition.

Last edited: