Devils vs Blaze - League - 9th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Hedd Wyn John

So much for the "Plenty of Parking" as mentioned on the website.
Why the club did not know about the gala I don't know.
Parking is becoming a serious problem took 45mins to find a parking
space 1.5m away, don't start the "public transport" debate
Wait til they build the velodrome over toys r us car park.

Swarley

Always amazed why more people don’t use Cogan station and walk over to the arena. It’s under 15 minutes away and makes life so much easier.
If you're able bodied sure, but the people who can't walk far it would basically mean stay home.

Also seen a few non blue badge people parking in disabled bays and then going into the swimming gala.

kettdevil1

If you're able bodied sure, but the people who can't walk far it would basically mean stay home.

Also seen a few non blue badge people parking in disabled bays and then going into the swimming gala.
Absolutely, so if more people used Cogan then the spaces nearer the rink would be free for those of you not able bodied. If non-blue badge holders are using disabled bays then action should be taken.

Diafol

I was stopped by Ron and Ron The Management as I tried to enter the swimming pool car park last night.

"Swimming gala"
"Doesn't matter. We have a blue badge and can't park at the rink as the disabled parking is under water."
"So why aren't you displaying your badge ?"
"Because I haven't parked up yet, you're blocking my way."

I got in, apparently other blue badge holders weren't so lucky :(

jimmy snels

Enjoyed the game. Hated the queues for parking. Was ridiculous. Managed to park at pool, but only by basically making it impossible not to let me in. Infuriating as there were hundreds of spare spaces there and roads cock o block

James

Administrator
Parked in Morrisons by Starbucks. Loads of spaces, free and 2 exits so no queue out after the game. You get three hours so as long as you aren’t bothered to watch warmup it’s all good.

First time at a game in many months, so good to be able to get there. Really enjoyed it. Been following on the streams and must admit I've revised my opinion on some of the players I was hesitant about signing. Hold my hands up and glad to be wrong, in particular with Crandell. Also, I know some are critical of Crawford and Sanford , but the former makes so many plays and that boy Sanford can score!

BostonBart22

Absolutely, so if more people used Cogan then the spaces nearer the rink would be free for those of you not able bodied. If non-blue badge holders are using disabled bays then action should be taken.
Problem with the disabled bays there is no official signage up to deter non disabled parking there. The other problem is when it's dark with no lighting and wet newbies can't see painted disabled areas...just a thought

Slartibartfast

Yes the game was great but parking is a major problem. It happened again at the GB game tonight. Rink car park full, Toys R Us full and I had an argument with the the pool mafia who would not let me in despite loads of spaces. Instead they were directing all hockey fans to an already full car park. I told him to stop doing that. Does anyone with knowledge of the law know if what they are doing is legal. If they are council car parks do they have the right to stop us.

E.D.S.

They can’t stop you parking there. They have no enforcement. You won’t be clamped or towed if you do. The council have allocated them two rows of parking for offficals of the gala. Everything else is fair game. If you’re attending the rafting centre, using the gym in the pool, or parking there to take your dog for a walk, they can’t stop you.