Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

Rempel16

All
But he stuck around when benched consistently by Lord when we had a spare import? I have no inside knowledge at all about him but my feeling is that he still has another year or two left in the tank.

I would rank him in the top two players in the league for toughness (with Gagnon) and although his mobility is sometimes questioned, his game has developed in such a way that positonally he is solid enough not to have to worry too much about that.
Lou very rarely got benched by Lord… it was always Reddick.

kettdevil1

Lou missed a load of games due to an injury but I don’t recall him being scratched many times at all.
He was a fair number of times and it provoked a similar reaction here than it did this season. Clearly, we don't know about injuries that were not declared but.... he was often the odd man out.

kettdevil1

Back on topic, it was good to see four officials who were consistent from start to finish. Difficult to argue with any of the decisions and kept a lid on the powder keg nicely. They seemed to be constantly talking to the players and were not a factor at all in the end result

kettdevil1

The game is changing is the main reason…… which I get, although I do miss the wild years. As has been pointed out a few times, we do lead the league in fights by a fair margin but even our numbers are down on pre-COVID days

Last edited:

hip check

There’s a reason players aren’t dropping gloves and being neutered.
I know the game has changed but a 6'4" 220lb player should be able to impose himself on a game physically if not skillfully, there are still times in a game when an opposing player needs to get the message that taking liberties won't be tolerated, Reddick stepped up more than once when that needed addressing which is admirable considering he was about 5'8" and 170lb where other bigger players did nought.