Devils Vs Brûleurs de Loups - Conti Cup - 19th Nov 23 - FO 19:15 (18:15 UK)

Mooney#16

Regulation win. If Zemgale got a reg win they would go through if Devils went to OT. Good thing is Devils will know in advance as they are the later game.

If Zemgale lose in regulation or OT then Devils go through even if they lose in OT.

If Zemgale and Devils lose in regulation I’ve no idea as three teams on 3 points with a head to head claim. Assume either goal difference or goal scored which currently Devils are better than other two teams.

So Devils quite well placed to qualify.

Last edited:

Pembo

Regulation win. If Zemgale got a reg win they would go through if Devils went to OT. Good thing is Devils will know in advance as they are the later game.

If Zemgale lose in regulation or OT then Devils go through even if they lose in OT.

If Zemgale and Devils lose in regulation I’ve no idea as three teams on 3 points with a head to head claim. Assume either goal difference or goal scored which currently Devils are better than other two teams.

Essentially reading this I am just hoping for regulation win to avoid migraine inducing permutations…. o_O

kettdevil1

Apologies yes, I was over simplifying things!

Just caught up on the twitter feed, actually think it's very funny. hardly taking the mickey.
I'd love to hear the opposition come up with our identity......The Marvels ?..... Horned old men ?........Belfast 2nd's?....

Finny

Nomad have this afternoon beaten Zemgale 4-1, which confirms they win the group.

Any sort of win guarantees us qualification. As would a point from taking the game to OT.

So now we know an overtime loss will be enough to progress to the final round.
Let‘s not fall into the trap of playing for the point, let’s put in a solid team performance with everyone doing the bit and take the game to them, play to our capabilities and enforce our game on them to get the win!

Finny

I should also point out that Bruleurs could still qualify themselves.

A 3 goal victory over us would be enough to see them qualify… I think.

Anything less would see us qualify……I think. I don’t think it is possible for Zemgale to qualify.

Lots of ‘I think’s there sorry.