Devils vs Capitals Sunday 26th 6pm. Chat/Updates!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

MNL should hopefully be running from the usual location at http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl or, if you fancy doing a spot of advertising, and we'd love you to do just that use the following url as well http://www.matchnightlive.info.

Following Capitals 7-2 loss to the Bison last night continuing their massive run of defeats, they need to win somewhere, let's just hope it's not at our place!

Chris.

Nott Simpson said:
What is the point of taking a 17 minute penalty @ 0:53
I wouldn't think it was Voths intention to get 17 minutes and I don't think he deserved it either. Voth was having a few words with Christensen and the usual pushing was going on during play and then Stefishen grabs Voth and starts fighting. Stefishen gets 5 mins for the fight while Voth gets 2 mins for something 5 for the fight and 10 for instigating, which seemed a bit harsh to me as the incident didn't have anything to do with Stefishen.

Could have been seen as third man in but might have been hard to call that as there really wasn't much going on between Christensen and Voth in the first place.

10 minutes for instigating was also given to McIver which again seemed stupid to me as it was just a fight, it wasn't as if McIver went out to delibratly make someone fight him.

Gazza272

Yep Vother really looked like he didnt want to fight, was a poor call by smith for me. Stefishan must have been thanking about a million gods in the summer when Christiansen offered him a new contract because i fail to see how anyone else could offer him one. What exactly does the guy do?

Apparantly Maciver went off due to being gauged but at present thats just hearsay and will probably be impossible to prove. Glad Maciver stepped in to stick up for the team at the time he did though.

As for the game well faultless performance really, we could go on about how rubbish the cpas were but we beat what was in front of us and we did it professionally. No let up we were organised, and we finsihed and created lots of chances.

Hopefully we will carry this confidence into next weekends games

Gazza272 said:
Apparantly Maciver went off due to being gauged but at present thats just hearsay and will probably be impossible to prove. Glad Maciver stepped in to stick up for the team at the time he did though.
I was wondering about that myself. When MacIver was in the box he was talking to the ref and was pointing towards his left eye.

Good game guys, not much to say other than that. The obscene gesture by AS will get him cited, especially as he did something similar to the fans at the other end on his way to the tunnel... i wonder if it was on the game DVD... a couple of games for that I reckon.

G said that he has been working on hard on the powerplay this week, our special teams definitely seems to be improved this week and it was great to see Tyson back in the lineup. I'm not sure how Brad got a 17 minute penalty though?

On another note, anyone else think the Stewards need to act a bit more professionally? Shouting and swearing in front of children? Also didn't like the way that some drunk fans were shouting "you fell over" (and swearing) in an aggressive way to the capitals player who was being wheeled out and on oxygen with what I'd guess was a shoulder dislocation? Maybe I was just having a grumpy day.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #17
Pretty damn good result I suppose, but seeing as Capitals have only won one game I think all season, not really a game to judge our performance in the league off of.

Jarvis had a brilliant game and the man of the match award was well deserved. Tyson looked a bit rusty but I guess that's too be expected from him as he hasn't played for a while.

Only downer was what was signed as our first line not scoring all that many goals, if any. Can't remember what the original make up of the lines was, but was nice to see Towe playing alongside Prpich and Silverthorn at one point, and then with Campbell and someone else later in the game. I think he just needs to play with the more experienced players a bit more and he'll definately start finding the goal.

Cowmeadows goal was well taken, and as I predicted on THF, it had to come tonight, so 3 cheers for me :D

Edinburgh on the other hand just look lost. I don't think there's any key player failing, the whole show looks rotten. Robinson was taken off after 5 goals tonight, the same as yesterday vs the Bison. He didn't come onto the ice in the 2nd period break and sure didn't look happy. Moore didn't seem a whole lot better, although he did only let in 4 goals.

The Edinburgh defence is like a huge sieve and just didn't seem to be able to stop us taking shots from many a place. The offence was slightly better, but never really looked like scoring, at some point Rajcak did hit the pipes, but it was more of an accidental shot than anything it seemed from my box in block5.

The Voth vs Stefishen fight seemed a bit odd, Voth was having wods/handbags with Christiansen when Stefishen stepped in. Not sure how or why Voth ended up with 17 minutes, possibly one of only 2 calls from the game i didn't entirely agree with. The other being the 17min penalty on Maciver for fighting with Stefishen. Not really sure who won both fights, looked like draws from my point of view, but i'm not a fight fan, unless it's a good punchup like bergin/voth and bergin/prpich.

Didn't really catch all the obscene gestures, only one of them, but if Stefishen is going to act like a moron, can't really complain if Dean Smith is going to call him for the offences.

Smith again had a good game, game lacked a bit of atmosphere but he kept it flowing even though Capitals looked like they wanted a good dustup. Not sure if it's great that he's reffed almost all the games, but as he's doing a decent job can't really complain. Every player is going over to shake Smith and the lino's hands which is good to see.

At least I should have racked soem points up on my fantastar fantasy league team tonight though :D

Chris.

Couldnt fault the guys tonight!! Doug and Voth both stuck up for the team and although they both had a hefty fine for doing so Im glad they did!! Campbell was running riot again putting some awesome checks on some of the guys.
Top Game, couldnt ask for a better game of the guys, lets hope they keep up the work xx

SACK THE COACH - HINKS OUT! -

ooops sorry - wrong week . think I've been napping for a week or two... have we signed some new players? :D :D :D :D

only kidding ;) ;) ;) - from what I seen they deserved a good win

a Welcome return for Tyson

Sure on Paper we should have and did win this convincingly.... but time to start thinking about Blaze next week

Russky

Merciless!!! After the Bison hit 7 past them last night I would not have settled for anything less!
A shut out for Aubry and 9 goals so I cant really complain!