Devils vs Capitals Sunday 26th 6pm. Chat/Updates!

Wannabe2

davew said:
All I know is I miss the days in the old rink when we in block 6/5 by the away bench and tunnel would give players and coaches alike some real banter......

That is (a big) part of what made WNIR such an intimidating place for away teams....
FAIR COMMENT BUT THAT WAS YEARS AGO, WE HAVE TO MOVE ON, THE BAY IS WHERE WE LIVE NOW, WE LIVE OR DIE BY WHAT WE HAVE, OUR HOME IS OUR HOME, AND I FOR ONE ENJOY SUPPORTING MY CLUB, AS MUCH AS EVER. WE LIVE FOR TODAY, NOT YESTERDAY.

davew

Glynn you missed my point, or perhaps I didn't say it right, If the boys in block 2 can get "the banter" going again then maybe we will have that advantage back...

go for it boys!

Wannabe2

After all we are all in this together, as you say lets get it going ,, we are getting better week after week, and it wont be long now when we are kicking rump. Come on you lads you have the talent, and we have the voices, what more do you want.

davew

I remember as well that when we were transitioning to the new rink that block 4 was fast becoming the noisy block,with people happy to congregate together - blocks 17/13/6 rolled into one.

That It would definitely have been had the sight lines in the rink been acceptable. As it turned out we lost that valuable tool into making the tent the new "hell".

As you say, we now have the opportunity to right that wrong.

DevilDom

I take my 7-year old son every week and generally sit in block 3,4 or 5. we only started watching the Devils last year but one of the reasons we love it so much is the friendly banter that we can both join in with without me having to explain what a w@nker is or who the b@$trd in the black is! Never heard anything too abusive - just good natured banter - so keep it up all - The atmosphere is great and i'm sure the boys will need it in our next 2 home games against the Blaze and Squealers!

A

Anonymous

What a complete over reaction to someone posting their opinion on how they perceived events to have taken place during the Edinburgh game. It seems that you can't have an opinion differing from others without being pilloried and receiving personal abuse on a public forum (thanks for the comment Wannabe2). By the way Finny, pretty much the only times that I've pm'd you have been to ask you not to make personal attacks on me in public, not too much to ask I don't think. Although, talk about pot calling the kettle black, if I recall it was you who resorted to abusing me and many other members of this forum a couple of weeks ago, with little or no subsequent warning from the mods. I stand by what I said about last Sunday. Normally the guys in block 2 do a good job in getting the chants started etc but at the Edinburgh game they were more interested in having a go at a poor Caps team, who didn't deserve it by and large. I shan't be posting on here again, this place has seen a recent influx of the playground bully and the foul mouthed yob (and that includes some of the mods, whose language in some recent posts that I've seen has been totally unacceptable). I'd be very surprised if the club want any official association with the Inferno, if it carries on in a similar vane. Anyway, that's me done.

Rempel16

august04 said:
Normally the guys in block 2 do a good job in getting the chants started etc but at the Edinburgh game they were more interested in having a go at a poor Caps team, who didn't deserve it by and large.
Can you please back this statement up with at least some examples of chants that we made towards a 'poor' edinburgh team?

Because like i have already said, most of our chanting was positive except for directing 'abuse' (can think of far worse than muppet and chicken) at stefishen and chrisitansen. No 'abuse' was directed at any other caps player.

Alternatively, come to the back of block2 saturday and discuss with us in person what you found so offensive.

Something I said? :D

Something anybody else said? :D

Mods - it's obviously been a bad week

Devils winning convincingly (bah humbug)
Bison surrendering to PI
poor edinburgh being abused
losing valuable posters back to the Elite Head Squeeler forum!
too much noise whilst I'm trying to take in the atmosphere of the game
foul and abusive language in every post

please get a grip before I report you to the BBC & OFCOM for inappropriate and unacceptible behaviour

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #49
Although, talk about pot calling the kettle black, if I recall it was you who resorted to abusing me and many other members of this forum a couple of weeks ago, with little or no subsequent warning from the mods.
We didn't warn you... :?

I shan't be posting on here again, this place has seen a recent influx of the playground bully and the foul mouthed yob (and that includes some of the mods, whose language in some recent posts that I've seen has been totally unacceptable).
Then report it? It's all well and good complaining on the forum about it, why not use the report feature is that sounding too much like hard work?

Good luck on any other forum with Shaggi, the other forum troll that came over here just to have a swipe.

Chris.