Devils Vs Clan - League - 9th Feb 22

Jonesy83

Honestly thought we were going to sh!t the bed on that one.

This is what it must be like to be a Steelers fan this season, always finding that way to win.

Great comeback!

Wannabe2

Well that was something else, we were dead and buried and playing everything solo, then a total manic 7 mins or whatever it was. Oh my god that move by Coughler that hit the crossbar was unbelievably outrageously sublime, if that had gone in it would have brought the roof down. So we got out of jail but in fairness the lads never gave up the ghost, and in the end gave the crowd some moments to shout about, so well played lads but can we please stop having to come from behind,I’m losing my hair, beard is turning grey, and looking way beyond my years.

Diablo3

Well that was something else, we were dead and buried and playing everything solo, then a total manic 7 mins or whatever it was. Oh my god that move by Coughler that hit the crossbar was unbelievably outrageously sublime, if that had gone in it would have brought the roof down. So we got out of jail but in fairness the lads never gave up the ghost, and in the end gave the crowd some moments to shout about, so well played lads but can we please stop having to come from behind,I’m losing my hair, beard is turning grey, and looking way beyond my years.
My hair is on the way out and the beard is definitely grey and I'm only 21(ish). We are the definition of a confidence team this year. as soon as one goes in we settle down Batch played a stormer again, Brandt did his usual big hit centre ice on one of their biggest D. Love that, but I have to say Clan played really well for most of that game. I was prepared to go home with a Clan shut out the way that was going. Needless to say that was some comeback, well done guys.

jimmy snels

My hair is on the way out and the beard is definitely grey and I'm only 21(ish). We are the definition of a confidence team this year. as soon as one goes in we settle down Batch played a stormer again, Brandt did his usual big hit centre ice on one of their biggest D. Love that, but I have to say Clan played really well for most of that game. I was prepared to go home with a Clan shut out the way that was going. Needless to say that was some comeback, well done guys.
I dont understand one bit why brandt only plays such limited shifts.

BostonBart22

Cracking 3rd period, with all the chances we had first 2 periods it could've finished 8...2 but fair do's to clan they were battling well for 52 mins, put it this way I wouldn't like to play them in the playoffs, it's no wonder they they beat panthers 3 times at their pad.

Rob Batch

I had a friend that had never watched a game before watch tonight. 40 minutes was not good then hockey happened. They understood why I fell in love with hockey. Batch was great then the NHL ers cottoned on.

Slartibartfast

I had a friend that had never watched a game before watch tonight. 40 minutes was not good then hockey happened. They understood why I fell in love with hockey. Batch was great then the NHL ers cottoned on.
Yes the first 2 periods were not at all impressive and frankly a bit boring. My kids are normally pretty good at watching the game despite being only 9 and 11 but they were so bored they played me up all the way through.
In the second and early third all chemistry disappeared which is odd because it has been so good lately.
Clan look a very mediocre team but they forecheck and backcheck very hard so credit to them.
Everything came together in the last 8 and we looked like the formidable team we can be. I just don't understand why we start so late sometimes. Still, it made for a classic Devils comeback which is always enjoyable.
I feel sorry for the Clan. They played hard for 52 minutes and lost. We played hard for 8 minutes and won. But that shows the difference in quality between the 2 teams.

Devil94

Not really a goal scoring threat so far though is Brandt. Don't think he's been on the ice for a goal for us either. So in 2nd and 3rd when we're after goals it's understandable he didn't ice much.
Two great hits again last night though. Certainly plays that role very well.

E.D.S.

It was looking like one of those games where we could have played another 2 hours and still not scored. Credit to Clan they took their chances well when we switched off defensively but the turnaround was superb. They didn't seem to panic, they just kept to the system and kept grinding away. Some of our ozone time was impressive and created so much pressure. We missed that so much in the early part of the season. The Clan goalie was superb. The goals were fantastic too. Dixon's tip, Batch's pin point wrister. Coughler's confidence and stick handling is next level. We're a goal down and he's through on goal and decides to put it between his legs and onto the crossbar. That takes balls and a huge amount of belief in your ability.

Batch has to be the player of the season for me. His maturity, composure and game awareness is off the charts now. They aren't things I would ever have said about Batch before. He's been known more for his physicality but he's added so much more to his game. A GB slot is a no-brainer. Kouzan was solid again and those Brits continue to push on and improve.

and I bloody love Brandt! He's what hockey is all about for me. Young lad, busting a gut for the team, putting is body on the line and knowing exactly what his role. Would love him to get a goal to reward him for his hard work. I guess the main goal for him is to work his way up the lines to secure more ice time but what a guy.

Nice one lads. Great shift.

Rempel16

Not really a goal scoring threat so far though is Brandt. Don't think he's been on the ice for a goal for us either. So in 2nd and 3rd when we're after goals it's understandable he didn't ice much.
Two great hits again last night though. Certainly plays that role very well.
To be fair, he'd have been on the ice for a goal against the Giants, but went for a change following his hit - we went directly up the ice and scored.

It's wins like that that separate the champions from the rest. Well done Devils!

Hockeymad

Guys don't expect Brandt to get us goals or assists lol.

Come on. We had people comparing him with vezio sacratini an all time great lol.

If you know hockey you know hockey if you don't well don't make silly comments.

We needed goals in the 3rd period.

There's no way brandt will be on the ice for that reason