Devils Vs Ducs - Conti Cup - 18th Nov 22 - 19:30 FO

Great result Cardiff, well done. Sorry that it seems that the fans haven't brought into the competition yet, for me the Continental Cup is the greatest thing that our Elite League teams can aspire to win. Go on now, win the group, qualify for the final and have a blast abroad, take loads of fans, own the away rink and win the bloody thing

august04 2.0

Great result Cardiff, well done. Sorry that it seems that the fans haven't brought into the competition yet, for me the Continental Cup is the greatest thing that our Elite League teams can aspire to win. Go on now, win the group, qualify for the final and have a blast abroad, take loads of fans, own the away rink and win the bloody thing
The CHL is great in a way, pitting us against the top teams in Europe - but it’s a step too far for this league and more often than not, it was a backs against the wall job, hanging on to keep the score respectable - certainly since the drop in standard of our league from say 3 or 4 years ago. Yesterday was a much more enjoyable experience, closely matched teams playing competitive games. It’s a shame for those who missed it by staying away.

E.D.S.

Great atmosphere there last night and a really enjoyable game. Great to see the Devils dominate possession and zone time managing to change personnel whilst having the Ducs pinned in. Like the Devils of old.
Brittain and Penny played very well.

NathanG

Quite surprised by the attendance also. This is a great competition that we could very well win.

Regarding a potential trip. I can see us and Ducs going through from our group and The polish or the Slovak team going through from the other.

As Cardiff and Nitra (SK) are the hosts I'm willing to assume that one of us will host the final, I'm basing that on the previous few years of competition where a third round host has also hosted the final.

Would love a trip to Slovakia but would also love a trip out to France. Ducs fans were class last night!

jenks33

I noticed on twitter a Fife fan mentioned the poor crowd in Cardiff and Cole Sanford liked the tweet. I’m not sure why he’s doing that to be honest. It was a poor crowd but 3 home games in 3 nights so a lot of fans will be picking and choosing their games and we’re not talking about a Devils team that have been great to watch of late. Also times are obviously tough financially and I think a lot of non season ticket holders would rather save their money to watch an EIHL game. It’s not a big deal but Sanford liking that tweet is a strange one for me

Last edited:

jenks33

It's not covered by season ticket
No I know but season ticket holders wasn’t really my point. I still think we may have seen a lot of empty seats even if these games were part of the season ticket. We’ve still got about 7 home league games remaining this calendar year and there’s probably a lot of fans like me that can only get to about 10-15 games a season. Personally I’d rather save my money for the Belfast/Sheffield/Nottingham games than these continental cup preliminary games.

And back to my comment about Sanford I just think it’s a bit naive. Why does he need to be liking that tweet when people are skint and our form has been poor. A more experienced player probably wouldn’t do it.

Pembo

No I know but season ticket holders wasn’t really my point. I still think we may have seen a lot of empty seats even if these games were part of the season ticket. We’ve still got about 7 home league games remaining this calendar year and there’s probably a lot of fans like me that can only get to about 10-15 games a season. Personally I’d rather save my money for the Belfast/Sheffield/Nottingham games than these continental cup preliminary games.

And back to my comment about Sanford I just think it’s a bit naive. Why does he need to be liking that tweet when people are skint and our form has been poor. A more experienced player probably wouldn’t do it.
Yeah not the best optics, probably wasn’t expecting it to be picked up on. Midweek games are hard for us because of work and journey time. Going to Saturday and Sunday games which will be 400miles travel/fuel combined. Generally our attendance is good no matter how the team is playing. I don’t think fans are the problem.

Hedd Wyn John

I noticed on twitter a Fife fan mentioned the poor crowd in Cardiff and Cole Sanford liked the tweet. I’m not sure why he’s doing that to be honest. It was a poor crowd but 3 home games in 3 nights so a lot of fans will be picking and choosing their games and we’re not talking about a Devils team that have been great to watch of late. Also times are obviously tough financially and I think a lot of non season ticket holders would rather save their money to watch an EIHL game. It’s not a big deal but Sanford liking that tweet is a strange one for me
I live in Bridgend so for me 3 trips to Cardiff in a weekend adds up. A lot of Devils fans travel from quite a distance more than I do. For me financially it made most sense to buy the £30 stream package