Devils Vs Dundee Stars - Sat 3rd Oct-7pm - Chat & Updates

pjj365

Re: Devils Vs Dundee Stars - Sat 3rd Oct-7pm - Chat & Update

august04 said:
pjj365 said:
tim78 said:
That was painful to watch, I'd rather lose a 3-2 game if it was a nail bitter than sit an suffer poor turn overs.

If we going for line changes

Salters Martin Ducet
Lord Hervato Kurka
Haddad Culligan Mo
I am sure Lordo can deliver exciting losses - just ask BUT don't also ask for CC, League and Conference titles Take your pick
Are you telling me we weren't entertained last year, with a Challenge a Cup win to show for it too, and almost a league championship? That's why people crammed the tent every week. You can have both clearly.
I am not saying that - it is what we should look for year on year
What I am saying is that I would not want to sacrifice a win for entertainment which I understood you to be saying. If I got this wrong sorry

Ocko

We've won 11 and lost two (both away) and unbeaten at home. I'm far from worried.

Devil94

Can't understand why anyone would be worried?! Won every home game, and only lost two all season. It is a better start than we had last year, and we have better players than last year, so we're on the right track for more silverware this year. Not sure what there is to be worried about.

If I have one criticism this season then it has to be the powerplay which is certainly not firing as well as it did last season, still early days yet.

KaneDevils

Reading that fans are bored and longing for the game to end, surely has to be a concern? I'd rather see a win first and foremost, but other fans will want a level of entertainment. You can't blame them for that.

Finny

Fans criticise team for being too open and getting hammered at Sheffield. Team made defensively stronger. Fans criticise team for not being open and attacking enough.

tim78

LOL, Ok I wouldn't want 3-2 losses every night, but it has to be a balance.

Is it not best to take risks early on in the season?

As far for last season I thought most games were exciting and we still won the majority.

.. and league home game against a lower expectation team can't be taken out of context with a cup final game or defensive game against a top team were there's something more to lose.

Walton I would alternate with Culligan and Mo + plus injuries... until Xmas/Jan and see what pans out.