Devils vs Dundee Stars - Tuesday 20th 7:30PM Chat / Updates

James

Administrator
Re: Devils vs Dundee Stars - Tuesday 20th 7:30PM Chat / Upda

Then we should give their bus a quick clean and offer them an omelette. That'll confuse them :)

James said:
Then we should give their bus a quick clean and offer them an omelette. That'll confuse them :)
Yeah it would take ages to clean the bus though, So me being me would just resort to egging it...... If i was childish enough to do that and im not ........ Honest...

dave

Spearsy said:
James said:
Was the coach egged or something ?
Yeah the team bus was a couple of weeks ago

It was but it was by local youth gangs hanging around the complex rather than Stars fans angered by a loss...

Wonder if Turner will be backing up his Twitter promise to hunt #22 for a fight.

dont tell me we are still rentin it of uncle bob, i bet he still ownes our old clock and plexie up in fife :eek:

Nice to see a report on tonights game on the home page of Sky under latest sport

Finny

Chevy said:
Thought the game was very poor tbh.
Well I really enjoyed the game. Despite the small crowd I thought the atmosphere was excellent.

First period was better than I was expecting. Devils dominated but couldn't pull away from Dundee, who were giving the game a bit of an edge with some physical play.

Second period wasn't great, but that late goal from Pierce seemed to give the Devils the lift they needed.

Third period was pretty much all Devils as they knocked in goal after goal. Turner must be regretting his pre-game comments on twitter and was the target of some brilliant banter from the back of Block 3.

I was very surprised to see Adam Harding alongside Matzka and Dobben, but I thought the line worked very well. Harding even seems to have adopted the same stubble and stance as Matzka - who looked to be back to his best tonight despite his recent illness.

Overall though I was glad I went, for me one of the more enjoyable games of the season.

Finny said:
Turner must be regretting his pre-game comments on twitter and was the target of some brilliant banter from the back of Block 3.
Seems like he was benched after Devils final goal as Hughes played D in his place :oops:

Ger-Devils

Not a bad game, some nice goals and nice to see us move the puck better on the Power play. It also helps having Vanderveeken on the point with that shot he's got!

I expected more from Dundee tonight as they're 8th and 2 points clear with Caps who have a game in hand. They looked good for the first 30minutes before heads dropping and mistakes crept in which the Devils capitalised on which was great to see.

Some very good performances from individuals but tonight it was more of a team performance which was great to see.

Bring on Coventry

TheStub

There was always a risk with this game - it was meaningless for us, so we may have home through the motions.

It did feel a bit like that for 2. We were trying different things, but never looked out of second gear. Stars needed to come hard, and took their chances well - but I was expecting more from them.

In the third we seemed to want it more. We started scoring seemingly at will, and looked to be putting on a clinic in total hockey. Stars just collapsed under the pressure.

Koop11

Considering this was a ‘nothing game’ for us, I thought we were very professional and went out there and got the job done. We did look flat in the 2nd and overall it was not a physical game (we can leave that until this weekend and for the playoffs). The 3rd however our skills came through with some nice goals. For a mid week against Dundee, I quite enjoyed it.

I'd hit a late season slump and for one reason or another found other things to do when the hockey was on over the past month or so, the last home game I'd gone to was the delayed FO game v Fife. I'm really glad I went last night, although I wasn't excited about going, it got me out of my 'I just can't be bothered' phase and actually excited about the Play Offs for the first time this season - well done guys and thanks :)

TheStub

Ben Davies' second was an an amazing sequence of poor defending. Taking nothing away from Ben, the number of Stars he skated through to jam that home was unreal.

Stars really need to tighten their back end up - they hung the netminder out on at least 6 of those goals (much like the Caps and Craze last week).

Skippy

Thread starter #40

TheStub said:
Ben Davies' second was an an amazing sequence of poor defending. Taking nothing away from Ben, the number of Stars he skated through to jam that home was unreal.

Stars really need to tighten their back end up - they hung the netminder out on at least 6 of those goals (much like the Caps and Craze last week).
Felt quite back for their net minder last night he really didnt get much supoort at all.