Devils Vs Flames - CC - 23rd Sept 23 - 19:00 FO

moggy#9

I didn't see the game last night, but it sounds like the flames have a good team again. I suspect that it'll be very tight in the top half of the table, but we know that if Steelers and giants aren't performing they'll just sign half a dozen more imports.

My initial thought about the flames is that they've lost the element of surprise and that everyone will be ready for them. I guess we'll see how the season progresses. I'm struggling to see how Glasgow get into the top half of the table.

The_Stick_

Guildford are definitely missing Tedesco. He offered a real spark last season and made the players around him better. Tait and Ferguson (His line mates last season) didn’t look as clinical as they did last season and I’m sure that’s something Dixon will want to address

Wannabe2

Believe me I really think most teams may be ready for them as you say, but I can’t see many teams beating them, they are the best opponents I have seen this season so far. I think they are stronger and faster than last season, and it will take a 60 min team who are also very good to beat the Flames. Hopefully this season will be tougher and stronger than for awhile, I think we have also had more fights in our pre season and cup game than the whole of last season. Happy Hockey Days.

E.D.S.

I saw a completely different game. I thought we made a decidedly average team look very good. They had nothing in the first, then in the second we played like last years team and allowed them back in it - any team would have done what Guildford did to us in the second - and then in the third they looked ok. Locke impresses me every time I see him. Such a no nonsense defender. Tait is always busy and good fun to watch but they didn’t look as threatening as they used to. Their power play was good but I don’t see a team to threaten at the moment. I have every confidence they’ll get better but so should we and every one else.
The plus side for us is that we are the masters of our own downfall at the moment which means we are in control of our performances. lts been a while since I’ve watched a Devils team go behind and still have faith that we’ll win, that’s certainly one massive attribute we have going for us. No quit.

Nice to finally see all 6 of our D out there. With 2 forwards out, I'm so glad we've started with a 'spare' as good as Chad and Im more than happy to have Harewood to call upon, too.

ASHIPP

Two things our team achieved last night that they struggled to do last season

-Win against Guildford (especially in the CC)
- Fighting back from behind to win the game

Hopefully early signs of progress

moggy#9

Two things our team achieved last night that they struggled to do last season

-Win against Guildford (especially in the CC)
- Fighting back from behind to win the game

Hopefully early signs of progress
It's been notable in games so far that the devils don't give up in the third period, no matter what the position. They seem to find a way, which is the mark of a good team. Last season you knew that if they were behind with 20 to go, they'd just collapse or give up.

Wannabe2

We finally have a coach who most certainly wouldn’t let his team give up in the 3rd, unless they wanted to be on the next plane, train, bus home. We now have a 60 min team who want nothing more than to win, we now have a team who will all bring the best out in their team mates, and Amen to that. On a side note come on you Flames, who entertain the Sqeelers in a league game tonight.

Devils86

Thought Alvaro and Lalonde looked good pickups for the Flames. They do miss Tedesco but then again so would any team. They've lost the element of surprise or teams underestimating them, but they still looked half decent on the PP but maybe not as quick as recent seasons.

Interesting to see how they go against the Steelers today, presumably with McAdam back in net

Mooney#16

You have to be very tactically switched on playing Guildford as so much of their offence comes from their defence man. Last year and last night they are very good and getting the puck low to the goal line and then bringing it back to the point where a few of their guys have bomb clappers. The wingers have to be hugely aware of controlling those point men and being defensively responsible. Crandall drove me nuts with it last season but he was significantly better last night. Coxy on the other hand had one of his worst games in Devils colours last night. On the periphery of everything and so much broke down at his door. He has the potential to be this league’s MVP but he has to play with far more presence. If he were a new import he’d prob be taking pelters for last night. More games like that and at the very least he’s coming off the No 1 PP unit.

Wannabe2

Thought Alvaro and Lalonde looked good pickups for the Flames. They do miss Tedesco but then again so would any team. They've lost the element of surprise or teams underestimating them, but they still looked half decent on the PP but maybe not as quick as recent seasons.

Interesting to see how they go against the Steelers today, presumably with McAdam back in net
lalonde was there last season, always liked him very good player.