Devils Vs Flames - League - 18th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

jenks33

I am slightly surprised/frustrated we didn’t add another power forward when Fournier left. Maybe it was never an option but the first few months of the season (even with Coughler) proved we were missing a net front presence. Fournier wasn’t perfect (on or off the ice!) but when he was dialled in we were a different team. This roster just looks too one dimensional for me. Let’s just make sure we start the play offs fit and healthy and see what happens.

MA18

Flames blocked every shot tonight. They were superb. Ferguson owned the Devils tonight and we let him do it. Gutless performance. Crandall still anonymously and I’m running out of excuses for him.
Sats if all when you let him sit 2 mins for the Kozun penalty.

CaldicotDevil

You can see from the body language of the players tonight they’ve checked out. It’s a title clash and we turn up with that pathetic performance.

A lot of the players told Todd & the owners they wanted Dupoint to have the HC job this year, they’re not trying very hard to keep him in that job.

Its like watching a supply teacher trying to teach a class.

Things have been too comfortable for too long in Cardiff. When we had Lordo & the core group, they all brought into the C4 ethos and it worked. Now we’ve got a lot of new players just doing the bare minimum to get by. Even though I respect the club’s professionalism, we’re just too nice sometimes.

Last edited:

osh

Yes Blaze were much the better team tonight and wanted the win much more than our lot did. No good singling out individuals as they were all below par and some who just look as though they are seeing the season out at this stage. Collectively, we are a mediocre team and I can’t see many being kept for next season. I certainly don’t think they are playing for the coach and he’s a huge part of the problem.

august04 2.0

I've sat through some poor displays this year but that one was shameful. We were out skated, outworked, out muscled, out shot, out hit, they blocked more shots, their goaltending was better. They were so much better all over the ice and dominated us in our barn. An utterly woeful effort by the Devils. And why be surprised? At full strength earlier this season, these same players were hardly pulling up trees, now they know they can’t be replaced either with the signing deadline gone. I’d rather have kept Hermann and given him a go instead of the busted flush that Brodie Reid has become. He offers very little now. Plenty of others like that in this team though, some of them are not fit to wear the jersey and I hope this is the one and only season we see DuPont behind the bench. Unfortunately, the one signing we made who seemed to have some balls was a bit of a fruit loop who got himself sacked! Whoever recruited this team last summer has let the fans down, repeated in the lead up to the transfer deadline where our inactivity will cost us again. Never mind, I bet we made a fortune on the shirts off their back again. Pathetic.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

To be fair it hasn’t been a disaster and I don’t think it’s been a poor performance. You can just see us having the same problems that we had pre-Fournier. Lacking a plan B and teams seeing us as a bit of a soft touch at times. And defence still looks shaky but nothing new there
It was a disaster and it was a shit performance!

BostonBart22

Bullied in our own barn, pretty piss poor performance all round by the devils, full squad as well, says it all we are better shortbenched..again no timeout by the coach, the only vocal 1 from the bench was franny , dumb and dumber not as much as a whimper from them, think we will lose tomorrow as well, Dundee need the points , devils don't and that will be the difference.

RedDevil17

Few points from tonight:

1. Thompson should never wear a devils jersey again
2. Brodie Reid offered very little once again
3. Average netminding tonight
4. Crandall anonymous again
5. Lack of physicality once again deeply concerning

All in all, an utter shitshow and DuPont and Horn both need to leave. Time is up! Giants beat Clan 8-0 tonight also, shows what happens when you have the balls to make changes…

ASHIPP

Played a team tonight who have beaten the Devils 3 times already this season at the IAW.
It's not rocket science to imagine that a good coach and his/her team would be analysing the reasons for those losses and working hard correcting team weaknesses.

Time to face facts that our team is simply not good enough this season. What's worrying is that they can probably see for themselves that the title will be beyond their reach now and the Playoffs are are really a lottery. Let's hope they at least have some fight left in them....see the season out with some grit, pride and entertainment.

....then hope for some obvious changes in the off season.

Last edited:

jenks33

It was a disaster and it was a shit performance!
I think I posted that after the second period. I maintain it wasn’t a disaster at that stage. We weren’t great but I just thought McAdam was winning the battle of the goalies at that stage. Particularly the 2nd period. Very disappointing third period though, didn’t lay a glove really.