Devils Vs Flames - League - 18th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

I think we might keep Batch and Crawford but can’t argue with the rest.
There’s strong rumours Gleason Fournier back next year so that’s Crawford gone.

Batch was a tremendous player for our club but I think we’ve gone full circle with him. Hopefully he’ll get a good send off with his testimonial. Can see the Storm or Blaze taking a punt on him, you never know a change might revive him.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Batch was a tremendous player for our club but I’ve turn we’ve gone full circle with him. Hopefully he’ll get a good send off with his testimonial. Can see the Storm or Blaze taking a punt on him, you never know a change might revive him.
There were strong rumours that Fournier was coming back for this season. That didn’t happen unfortunately! I'll believe that when I see it.

moggy#9

Batch was a tremendous player for our club but I’ve turn we’ve gone full circle with him. Hopefully he’ll get a good send off with his testimonial. Can see the Storm or Blaze taking a punt on him, you never know a change might revive him.
That's an interesting rumour, but is he the player he was? If he is, then great, but I'm worried that might be another shirt sales signing.

Hedd Wyn John

It would be great to see Gleason Fournier back he's still pretty young so it wouldn't be like signing a player who's over the hill but we need a lot more than Fournier coming back to fix the team next year.

jenks33

There’s no doubting Batch has had a poor season but he’s an experienced british Dman and he’s still only 32. I think they might keep him. I really like the look of Kelly but I can’t see us picking him as our 6th Dman next season. That’s a tough ask for a kid in a team that will (hopefully) be challenging for a league title. Any other British Dmen out there that you think could realistically replace batch?

And my season ticket is another £530 next year. They really must think we're mugs. I suppose we are to keep paying it, when this dirge is being served up! Not for me next year.
One thing that Covid taught us is that what is really important in life is spending time with loved ones.
I think for the first time in many years I’ll be spending my weekend evenings next year at home with the missus.
God help her!!!!

E.D.S.

There’s no doubting Batch has had a poor season but he’s an experienced british Dman and he’s still only 32. I think they might keep him. I really like the look of Kelly but I can’t see us picking him as our 6th Dman next season. That’s a tough ask for a kid in a team that will (hopefully) be challenging for a league title. Any other British Dmen out there that you think could realistically replace batch?
The thing is… when you stink the place out week in and week out you would normally play to your strengths and try something different like a fight or a hit. Something to get some energy. Think he mentioned on Two Ales that is was 2019 or 2020 since he last fought. Speaks volumes. Disinterested and struggling to make an impact. Him, Reid, Crandall, Crawford and Penny were woeful tonight and for some weeks as well

At the moment any d In the u10 junior set up would hit harder than he does this season. Totally out of it again tonight

moggy#9

Surely he can’t be any worse than this lot of D men?!
But we're not looking for someone who is just better than the current bunch - it's arguably a low bar. We're looking for someone think be best in the league. You can't argue with Crawford's point production, it's the defensive side off his game that needs support. This is why I've argued that the real problem is the pairings. Turnover thompson just isn't the guy.

Swarley

But we're not looking for someone who is just better than the current bunch - it's arguably a low bar. We're looking for someone think be best in the league. You can't argue with Crawford's point production, it's the defensive side off his game that needs support. This is why I've argued that the real problem is the pairings. Turnover thompson just isn't the guy.
Swap out Thompson for Register and I reckon Crawford would be ten times more reliable when it comes to defensive style.