Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

fridaysfingers

The poor fella struggled big time last night. He was blowing hard. The fitness is never going to be there for him without games under his belt. It’s a tough spot for him to be in.
He needs the games to be fit and to then perform but won’t get the games because he’s not performing.
The guy played about 4-30 mins, approx 6 shifts? 2 per period and hes blowing? Sorry I'm not buying that.

E.D.S.

The guy played about 4-30 mins, approx 6 shifts? 2 per period and hes blowing? Sorry I'm not buying that.
and you’re entitled not to buy it.

But for me he’s way off the pace and I believe there are reasons for that. When you get the puck and you’re blowing you make a poor decision, when you go in for a hit and you’re blowing it isn’t as effective. He was blowing so hard he got dumped on his ass by Ferguson doing a reverse hit stood still!

Earnie

We may traditionally have Sheffield as top as our dislike list but personally I put Guilford
as top of dirty tricks brigade. Appalling what they got away with and the officiating has to be the original two blind mice.

E.D.S.

3 point weekend is a great return when looking at the opposition and the NIC factor. Something I'm concerned about though is shipping 5 goals at home or scoring 5 and not winning, whichever way you want to look at it. We looked defensively weak at times. So frustrating to get caught out by Tait doing the usual Guildford move of gathering speed in their own zone being passed the puck and then he just has too much gas for Ritchie but you could see that unfolding easily and we didn't respond. Tait and Guildford have caught us out with that before. It's their go to play, along with letting Tait build up speed then they basically ice the puck but he get's their first. Simple, simple plays that we don't seem to be prepared for. Then there's Alvaro's goal. Three attempts to get that in and he was untouched right in front of Bouncy. Batch gifted them one too which was a slight blemish on what was a great performance by him - and a very decent season too.

fridaysfingers

and you’re entitled not to buy it.

But for me he’s way off the pace and I believe there are reasons for that. When you get the puck and you’re blowing you make a poor decision, when you go in for a hit and you’re blowing it isn’t as effective. He was blowing so hard he got dumped on his ass by Ferguson doing a reverse hit stood still!
I fully appreciate that we'll all have different views but Rhymshas performance last night after being out goes against what you are saying. Also anyone can get dumped on their ass by a reverse hit, and like him or loathe Ferguson is solid guy.
Agree with you about Batch though, he has grown into the season after a slower start and is playing very well. I've read it said about putting him up front but he is settled and playing well, let's not change that.

kettdevil1

I fully appreciate that we'll all have different views but Rhymshas performance last night after being out goes against what you are saying. Also anyone can get dumped on their ass by a reverse hit, and like him or loathe Ferguson is solid guy.
Agree with you about Batch though, he has grown into the season after a slower start and is playing very well. I've read it said about putting him up front but he is settled and playing well, let's not change that.
He also links well as a defensive duo with Wilde who is rather less defensively minded, I thought Mosey up front yesterday worked well so I would leave Batch where he is.

E.D.S.

Absolutely, I heard River did well last night. Just feel for Chad. I like what he brings and his attitude but he’s been off the pace when he’s been called upon. He’s got to be taking that chance or it’s game over at the Devils, if it isn’t already.
You’re right, Ferguson is solid. Also takes the body and difficult to get him down. My kind of player. Top shithouser too.

Devils86

Surprised (and not surprised!) that McAdam escaped DOPs punishment for the trip/whatever you want to call it on Barrow after it all kicked off. Could have resulted in a dangerous fall for an unsuspecting opponent after the play...

He didn't ice tonight against Panthers but thought he would get a mention if not a ban...

Attachments

I did see a post from Katrina a number of weeks ago saying they’d been chasing the council over it to get sorted. That whole area is an embarrassment to the council…or should be!
I’ve just called the council re the lack of lights. They confirmed that the council are not responsible for the area of land between the pool and the rink. They were not able to tell me who did own this, but said this can be checked on the land registry.

Earnie

The swimming pool was in situ before the rink so presume the lights were there for them. We need to come to some sort of ’arrangement’ on game night.
At least we could switch on our coloured lighting which is on sometimes but not always?