Devils Vs Flyers - League - 25th March 23 - 19:00 FO

Did they call it for goalie interference? What a shambles of a call , and the fact they then took the best part of 5 minutes to watch the replay, and still decide to wave it off has totally blown me away. In all my years of watching hockey, that is up there with one of the worst calls I have seen.

Enjoyed tonight, particularly watching Chad as a forward. I have certainly grown to like him over the past few games.

Any ideas why Brandt seem to have the short straw and sit all of the penalties........bit of a waste if you ask me. I think he ended up sitting for 4, and had 2 if his own.

Rempel16

Did they call it for goalie interference? What a shambles of a call , and the fact they then took the best part of 5 minutes to watch the replay, and still decide to wave it off has totally blown me away. In all my years of watching hockey, that is up there with one of the worst calls I have seen.

Enjoyed tonight, particularly watching Chad as a forward. I have certainly grown to like him over the past few games.

Any ideas why Brandt seem to have the short straw and sit all of the penalties........bit of a waste if you ask me. I think he ended up sitting for 4, and had 2 if his own.
Looked a strange call initially, but on the last replay that was shown it looked as though Brittain caught Owens pad with his skate on his way across the crease. Hopefully we can see it again somewhere.

That Nault for Fife is quite a dangerous player, doesn’t really consider the safety of others in his play. Can’t see him being in the league next season… too reckless and not good enough.

Great goal from Waller tonight, and credit where it’s due, Reid provided some secondary scoring at last.

Gavevs88

Kozun was superb tonight. Really feel like the team settle down and play a lot more confidently with him in net. His rebound control was great and some of the passes he was throwing out were incredible especially the pass to Martin that almost resulted in Cox scoring. He has to start tomorrow night in Sheffield for me.

lloyd_jeff

Brittain elbows Owen in the face whilst Owen is in the crease, the rules clear, the goal is disallowed. Owen then slashing Brittain, the puck then passes Owen.

E.D.S.

Worst call of the night was on Duggan. Duggan makes a clean hit against the boards, no call, he skates off for a change and then gets cross checked from behind and just walks off and sits down on the bench. Bit of a melee ensues, the guy who cross checked Duggan gets 2 mins and then so does Duggan. When the replay showed he’d clearly done nothing and had been nowhere near the handbags afterwards.

BostonBart22

Owens right foot is outside crease when a light brush of hand by brittain touches owen..bad call imo..and we lose a player after review so why didn't Owen get called on the slash on ..brittain.

BostonBart22

Pretty average game I thought , fife needed the win as much as us and cancelled each other out, turning point was that appalling goal that was disallowed, that just rattled our bench and fed onto our players, brittain fight best of season so far some good bombs thrown there and how he got the instigator baffles me as both dropped gloves same time ..all in all a win to go into playoff mode.

E.D.S.

Entertaining game purely for the penalties and fight. Otherwise a dire first period for me, followed by a slightly better second and decent third. Riley Brandt continues to be the shinning light. Please stop making him sit the team penalties. The energy that Chad brings to this team is also a huge positive. Solid defensive displays from Lou, Batch and Thomson.
Loved hearing Lou shouting at Fifes 13 for a couple of awful hits on Davies “I’m gonna f you up” I think he said. The guy went white.
Powerplay just absolutely awful again, Fife’s powerplay showed us how to do it. Simple puck possession and rotation and taken the shot when it’s on.
Joey had another good game but for the love of god, please shoot!! Our goat should not be passing when through on goal.
Cox and Crandall still aren’t finding form. I was hoping last week would give Crandall the boost his season needs.
Kozun…. Superb! His puck play is really first class. Almost got an assist too.
Think it spoke volumes that we struggled to score with our top scorer taking a petulant penalty for 14 mins and finally…. Brittain delivers!

E.D.S.

Pretty average game I thought , fife needed the win as much as us and cancelled each other out, turning point was that appalling goal that was disallowed, that just rattled our bench and fed onto our players, brittain fight best of season so far some good bombs thrown there and how he got the instigator baffles me as both dropped gloves same time ..all in all a win to go into playoff mode.
I get your point. Although he did the cross check and dropped the gloves first. Clear instigation for me. Although not used to hearing of a 10 mins penalty for instigating. Not so far from the end of the game.

kingmo19.1

It’s that time of the season (last week!!!!!) when the slackers and lazy ones who have shown next to nothing all season realise it’s time to put in a few performances to hopefully end the season ‘strongly’ and gain a contract for next year !!!!!!!!

If any of the offenders (I think we all know who they are) return next season then the person approving the contracts must be absolutely and totally barking mental mad !!!!!! DO NOT BE FOOLED !!!!!!

Brittain elbows Owen in the face whilst Owen is in the crease, the rules clear, the goal is disallowed. Owen then slashing Brittain, the puck then passes Owen.
I think the rules are clear to the contrary.

If a player initiates contact with the nettie, so long as the nettie is in the crease, the goal is disallowed. But in this case, Brittain is facing the play, Owen has his body leaned out into him and I can't see many saying that was a deliberate elbow from Brittain.

If a nettie initiates contact with the player and a goal is scored, then that is also waved off - but only if the player is within the crease. The player also has to vacate the crease asap or get a penalty. But Brittain is outside the crease at point of contact. So this clause doesn't apply here.

All of that is before you factor in the real reason Owen missed the save - he was too busy slashing a player on the ice.

I genuinely can't see justification for waving the goal off in either the letter or spirit of the rules.

But then again, it doesn't actually matter, so hey-ho.

Pembo

Enjoyed that, team playing more physical and in so doing showing more Devils DNA in the run up to the playoffs. Team still seems generally a bit low on confidence from shooting side at the moment I think this is not helping the power play. So many times lately where a first time shot in a decent position isn’t taken and players taking choosing to cycle the puck instead or try to thread the needle on a pass through very congested lanes. Waller’s goal was great, head down afterburners on, puck on net. Just need a few of the guys to hit a hot goal streak going into playoffs. Nice to see Coughler having his second two point game in last couple of games, when he gets back on song he’s a real multi tool weapon.

CaldicotDevil

No idea why Brandt kept sitting penalties when he’s a penalty killer. Surely Reid would be the natural choice.

Fife play with a lot of heart and some nice hockey but they’ve just got no end product. Must be tough sledging being a flyers fan.

If the fight wasn’t so one sided I don’t think Brittain would’ve sat 2+10. The replays on the screen showed 11 instigated it and then did an absolute number on the flyers player. It’s a shame Brittain hasn’t brought that fire all season.

Swarley

No idea why Brandt kept sitting penalties when he’s a penalty killer.
I Mean technically he did kill he penalty, he just did it while sitting in the box lol

Though I have a feeling he was used because any time he got out the box he ran through someone to get back to the bench which seemed to shift momentum in our favour.

Diablo3

The last ten minutes of the third period we were just coasting, probably told to save energy. Comfortable win in what could have been a tricky tie given Fife are trying to get that last spot in Playoffs.

BostonBart22

I think the rules are clear to the contrary.

If a player initiates contact with the nettie, so long as the nettie is in the crease, the goal is disallowed. But in this case, Brittain is facing the play, Owen has his body leaned out into him and I can't see many saying that was a deliberate elbow from Brittain.

If a nettie initiates contact with the player and a goal is scored, then that is also waved off - but only if the player is within the crease. The player also has to vacate the crease asap or get a penalty. But Brittain is outside the crease at point of contact. So this clause doesn't apply here.

All of that is before you factor in the real reason Owen missed the save - he was too busy slashing a player on the ice.

I genuinely can't see justification for waving the goal off in either the letter or spirit of the rules.

But then again, it doesn't actually matter, so hey-ho.
Yes owens head was outside the crease and a slight brush by brittain to the head that's all, even owens didn't react..

Earnie

If there a something for Management to learn from this game and that is to sign Waller for next season NOW before someone else does!