Devils Vs Flyers - League - 26th Nov 23 - FO 18:00

Wannabe2

Outstanding performance tonight. At times we were pretty much unplayable. As already said, if it wasn’t for Shane Owen that would have been double-figures.

As close to perfection as you can hope for.
Wow not sure what you were on tonight Finny, but unplayable you have to be joking, and close to perfection, we played a really lousy team tonight due to being so short handed, and having to bus it down here. Play like that tonight against Steelers or Giants and we will struggle, we conceeded 7 at home yesterday against a team that Steelers destroyed tonight. We are a good team when we play to our potential, we just don’t do that very often, and tonight unplayable Jesus where you coming from.

It was a tired team against a dire one tonight. Just glad we got the job done.

Aside from that, the atmosphere was absolutely abysmal. 3000 people present and it's like a library. Disappointing.

Wannabe2

It was a tired team against a dire one tonight. Just glad we got the job done.

Aside from that, the atmosphere was absolutely abysmal. 3000 people present and it's like a library. Disappointing.
Spot on, but it’s not easy to get a great atmosphere going when the game itself is pretty dire, no edge of seat tonight, some pretty neat goals but all in all it was a pretty boring night. We never really had any opposition tonight except for the nettie. As the saying goes you can only play what’s against you, but against us tonight was a superb netminder and 14 tired and average players. Were we ever tested tonight not at all.

Diablo3

I know you all want exciting edge of the seat stuff, but give the guys some credit, they beat what was in front of them. Yes they are short benched, but they started the season that way, and yes they had a long journey, but then so do we when we go up there.

Without Shane Owen that would have been a cricket score. As Wannabe says, you don't get the atmosphere when its one way traffic.

Slartibartfast

Well I enjoyed that. Yes we had some trouble scoring in the first two due to Owens, some bad luck and a few sitters missed but we dominated the game throughout and looked clinical and 6-0 is a pretty comprehensive win. Fife had won their last 4 games and I don't accept the bus journey argument. That was our 6th game in 10 days. Give the boys some credit.

Hedd Wyn John

I was watching Devils v Fife. It's ok to disagree. We saw the game differently. Do you care to offer your opinion or just deride mine?

1-0 after the first period. Low in quality whilst we struggled to break down a poor Fife team.
2-0 after the second and that was only a PPG. Still struggling to break them down. Lacked anything in the way of being clinical. Sloppy plays. Hence my point about any other team possibly pulling away from us.
The third was clearly better but far from a perfect game. We struggled to break a poor team down. Ully and Crandall continue to play well. Ully was rewarded tonight for weeks of good performances.

Difference of opinion.
From what I saw Fife held their own and played a defensive game for a big chunk of the game. They made some good chances but a combination of Bowns skill & Fife's poor finishing kept them scoreless. They then got tired and fell apart.

It was a very odd game, even though we won 6-nil, I don't think last season we would of won that so that a positive for me on that side.
Ully was great last night but my stand out was Arniel, that one play he did was just wow and he gets back so well. So far this season he one of the stand outs for me including the line he is on. Our 2nd and 4th lines are smashing it at the moment.

E.D.S.

It was a very odd game, even though we won 6-nil, I don't think last season we would of won that so that a positive for me on that side.
Ully was great last night but my stand out was Arniel, that one play he did was just wow and he gets back so well. So far this season he one of the stand outs for me including the line he is on. Our 2nd and 4th lines are smashing it at the moment.
I couldn’t agree more. Lines 2 and 4 are stand out. Line three has a great work ethic, physical and have peaked at times this year as well.

moggy#9

I just watched the post games interviews. Man, that fife coach is a character. If he weren't a coach, he'd make a hell of an entertaining pundit.