Devils Vs Flyers - League - 28th Jan 22 - Homecoming Spectacular

Wannabe2

Jokinen was the Fife player that jumped in on Louis, he has only been at Fife for 5 mins since he was gassed by Panthers, can’t fault the lad for bravery/ stupidity, his face was a bit of a mess afterwards as Louis pounded him.

ASHIPP

Matt Register is key to all the action when he takes a shift. Stick to stick passing excellent and he reads the play so well.
We certainly got a taste of what we have been missing with our 3 new Devils. All played well tonight.
Great to see chemistry on every line, even with players interchanged. This is a team playing with unity and confidence. Long may it continue.

Got to feel for Shane Owen. He deserves to be playing on a much stronger team. He is a very good net minder let down by the players in front of him. I watched his warm up routine.. a true professional even though they were losing that game. He made a tremendous double save in p2 under sustained pressure from the Devils. Rightly acknowledged and applauded by our fans at Block 15 end.

mjh

That was good fun. The team looked full of confidence and all the new guys improve the team. Coughler is really exciting to watch and McNulty is a beast. Really good performance, albeit against a poor Fife team. Felt for the guy who challenged Lou. What a numpty. Only one winner there!

BostonBart22

Great win , best all round perfomance of the season by far, had everything fans want to see, quality goals, hits, fights , and even a bit of blood, may it long continue..

Seemed to be 2 incidents that we missed at the time. Lou grappling with someone but nothing came of it and the second lou incident (high shot?). Any ideas what sparked the first? The Devs bench were going mental at the time but didn’t see what kicked it off

Seemed to be 2 incidents that we missed at the time. Lou grappling with someone but nothing came of it and the second lou incident (high shot?). Any ideas what sparked the first? The Devs bench were going mental at the time but didn’t see what kicked it off
That was to do with greg chase

Devil94

Really sad to watch the interview with Todd Dutiame. He looks like a broken man, with nothing going his way. Must be a lonely place for him right now.
You have to respect his loyalty to the Flyers and vice versa, but possibly a change of scenery would benefit both parties at the end of this season. He seems a really good guy so I'm sure he would get another job in hockey.

Fantastic game tonight, the place seemed buzzing at times and the players really seemed to feed off that. I think the refs stood back on one or two calls that should have been made and that may have led to a little more player retribution than usual. Also they seemed to deliberate for ages on their calls which were at times very apparent.

Kozun made some great saves and showed his class when it comes to positioning. We are in a very fortunate place to have such strong NM at the club and I can only hope it lasts, however, I think some other club may come knocking for Kozun next season with a gaurentee of a No1 starting position. Hope we retain both for next season at least.

Great skill shown by Coughler, the man seems to be EVERYWHERE on the ice and his reading/vision of the game is second to none. I have to say that Brandt, in my opinion, is showing the signs of a good player and more than just a physical checker. His passing when under pressure was tape to tape so I think when he settles and given the time his confidence will improve and in turn he will produce some good points.

Register also seems more eager to shoot the puck on target and is another player that can get forward and impose the play on the opposition but is steady in making sure he is back on the blue line when needed.

The team is coming along lovely, speed, passing, positioning, reading each others plays and stepping up to the plate when needed for each other as was shown again by McNally (clearly becoming a fan favourite).

On a SEPERATE Note, if one of you could please let me know as I have missed what the relevance is with the chocolate bieng thrown on the ice at the end of the game for some reason. When and why did this start and is this now a regular theme??

It was started by Wally on his podcast when talking to Evan Mosey. That started the twix's for Carruth, Then he suggested the rest of the team prefer Kinder Bueno's and it has escalated from there
Much appreciated for letting me know. I fear this will escalate and our conditioning coach will have their work cut out......... as will the team dentist. We will end up with a keeper that closely resembles a certain opposition Nettie.

In all seriousness though, it is nice to see some banter between players and supporters.

moggy#9

Really sad to watch the interview with Todd Dutiame. He looks like a broken man, with nothing going his way. Must be a lonely place for him right now.
You have to respect his loyalty to the Flyers and vice versa, but possibly a change of scenery would benefit both parties at the end of this season. He seems a really good guy so I'm sure he would get another job in hockey.
I was coming on here to write pretty much the same thing. Given what a calm and measured guy he normally is that was, by his standards, as close as it gets to a rant. I feel sorry for him as I don't see things getting better for him any time soon.

E.D.S.

Sometime there is no accounting for pace. Waller was unplayable tonight. His speed is insane and he plucked a couple of superb pucks out of the air tonight. Mikkleson played well too and that all GB goal was something else. Some great touches and great vision.
I’m hoping its Just a game for Lou. He lined Chase up for that hit and got it slightly wrong but don’t under estimate what Lou does. The way he patrol things. So he doesn’t drop the gloves every five minutes but any bit of indescretion and he’s policing it - from the bench or having words on the ice. Such a key role in keeping people honest. Thought Batch did the same tonight. He was rattled a few times but kept his cool.
As poor as Fife were, and they were poor, our control was first class. Offensively we were a nightmare to play against. Defensively the way we set up meant Fife couldn’t get out of the zone at times - credit Skalde. Some great saves from Kouzan too. Coughler is one hell of a signing and Cox has balls as big as anyone. Total menace. Great game to watch. Great spectacle. Well done folks.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Strange one and feel free to delete this post if I'm breaking any rules, but every Facebook message the Devils put out about a game gets commented on with a link to "4k Sports Live Stream". Would I be right in thinking this is some dodgy advert-tastic scam or has anyone used it to watch the games?
There are multiples scams appearing on Devils posts. Its quite an industry. I got caught once, not by facebook but by youtube. I think it was a Coventry games webcast that crashed and I know when there is a major failure they sometimes run it on you tube. I went on you tube and found a link for that very game. (being a minority sport I thought a scam was unlikely). Clicked on it and went to an authentic looking website that required my credit card. (just £1 that gets refunded) I was so desperate to see the game I was not thinking straight.
Anyway there were lots of videos but no sign of hockey. After a quick investigation I found that they take a small amount of money from your card at intervals over time so you may not notice. Anyway I immediately cancelled my card so did not lose any money but felt a complete dick for being duped.

Slartibartfast

Regarding the game I thought it was our best and certainly most dominant yet. Yes Fife were poor but we were damn good in every area.
Three solid lines all capable of scoring and an excellent PP and PK. But the best thing was the return to the traditional Devils physicality. Poor Fife. They really took a battering and got penalised for being beaten up. I think Dutiaumes comments were fair. The refs really did us some favours.
The run up to the end of the season is going to be a ride. Full credit to Skalde, Todd, the owners and the team themselves for turning this season around. Loving my hockey again.