Devils Vs Flyers -Sunday Feb 22nd- 6pm - Chat/ Updates

Koop11

That was a tough game but huge credit to the team for hanging on and taking the 2 points. I think our game plan was to come out hard and kill the game early at the risk of fatuge kicking in. We did that but unfortunately we ran into a hot goalie and it was a one goal game until the bitter end.

Well done to Bowns for another big performance. He has been massive over this difficult schedule. It’s a testament to his character and his response to some indifferent performances. Well done to the lad.

5 wins out of 6 (OT loss) in 10 days is quite remarkable when you consider the travelling involved. Well done to the team. A well deserved rest needed before we go into another huge game on Wednesday.

Wannabe2

My God how good was Bownsy last night, Devils had the upper hand and deserved the win, but there were times when tiredness let the Flyers in, and that's when young Ben showed his steel, ability, and true grit to keep the Flyers out. Well played young man you were truelly awesome last night, and as solid as a rock.

Temme

Dirty win, but any win i'll take quite frankly.

Standout performances from Culligan, Richardson, Haddad and of course Bowns.

I'm hearing Mychan has returned home for a couple of weeks, but can't confirm/deny any other rumours, he will be back though i'm assured.

Can anyone confirm this??

jimmy snels

Angusdevil7 said:
He was at the rink last night, he had a few puck sponsor photos then watched the game from the stairs by the changing room
Yep seen him on stairs. I hope he's ok? He offers a lot of energy, something that we were running out of last night. Any ideas if its injury or "rested"??

Temme

Angusdevil7 said:
He was at the rink last night, he had a few puck sponsor photos then watched the game from the stairs by the changing room
I stand corrected - i was misinformed :lol:

It must be a real headache choosing someone to scratch at the moment.

jimmy snels said:
Speaking of missing people, where's amazpuck?!
I didnt bother with the webcast last night..our Game Thread guy had a lot of problems with the 'signal' though..im not surprised that we lost as it takes us at least a period to warm up normally in away games...still it looks like we were well in it till the end and if that was one game of a 2 legged tie it would be a good result...Our nm Kevin Regan has really struggled to regain his form and condidence since injury a couple of months ago and looks like hes turned the corner conceding jyst 2 over the weekend.

James

Administrator
Fife in the second period were certainly a different team than in the first and came out a hell of a lot harder. They play a good game and the points were never certain till the ENG

drainage

Temme said:
Angusdevil7 said:
I stand corrected - i was misinformed :lol:

It must be a real headache choosing someone to scratch at the moment.
Was going to say his identical twin was stood on stairs last night!

Finny

Mychan played last Friday in Edinburgh but then didn't ice on the Saturday or Sunday despite us being short because of Hendrikx's injury. I would therefore assume he was injured in the first game and hasn't yet recovered.

DevilDom

Was impressed with the Flyers and the road game they played and thought they deserved a point which makes the win in regulation all the better.

What I do find surprising is that Flyers have not pushed Breahead harder in their conference.

Devils were good 1st period and were it not for Regan could have been 3 or 4 up but the 2nd and 3rd periods were very tight and the game could have gone either way. Bowns, Hotham and Culligan were standouts from the Devils for me.