Devils Vs Giants - 17th Oct F/O: 7:30PM - Chat / Updates

osh

Re: Devils Vs Giants - 17th Oct F/O: 7:30PM - Chat / Update

Sheincar said:
It now becomes clear that in order to be accepted on here you have to believe that:
Hill always was & always will be garbage
Same with G
The players have received everything to which they are entitled and more
Ragan & Pope CAN walk on water & both are in fact the 2nd coming.

Well I don't believe any of that and will continue to post my opinions & hope my fellow "moaners" will do likewise.
You are certainly entitled to an opinion. So, to pick up on a few points

Do you then feel We should have kept Hilly, bearing in mind his performances this season ?
Are you aggrieved that G is now on the bench ? Do you think he should be out on the ice ?
You obviously know something that I don't, so can you please tell us exactly what the players have not received that they are entitled to ?
I agree with your last comment, Ragan & Pope can't walk on water ( Dynamo can though ) and they are certainly not the 2nd coming !

Sheincar

osh said:
Sheincar said:
It now becomes clear that in order to be accepted on here you have to believe that:
Same with G

Well I don't believe any of that and will continue to post my opinions & hope my fellow "moaners" will do likewise.

Do you then feel We should have kept Hilly, bearing in mind his performances this season ?
Are you aggrieved that G is now on the bench ? Do you think he should be out on the ice ?
You obviously know something that I don't, so can you please tell us exactly what the players have not received that they are entitled to ?
I agree with your last comment, Ragan & Pope can't walk on water ( Dynamo can though ) and they are certainly not the 2nd coming !
I've said before that I had no problem with Hill's point scoring. He's not a flashy type player but was dependable. I do feel he was made a scapegoat BUT even if he had to go I don't think it sensible that we've cut 2 players in a week with no replacements lined up. I appreciate tonight's result implies that there's no problem in covering for those missing players although we may suffer for that tomorrow. Regarding players not receiving their entitlement, no I don't know something you don't but there have been several posts on here from people close to some of the players indicating problems.

osh said:
Sheincar said:
Same with G

Never have been a fan of Hilly and personally found him frustrating to watch. However, he has come up with points and scores at crucial times, he at least deserved to be put on notice and I think he was a scapegoat just so that management looked like they were doing something, very poor treatment of a long term employee

Not aggrieved that G is on bench just think he should have been allowed to do it with Franny, where they could form a good partnership. The windmill has so many other duties to perform as MD. He is also literally breathing down G s neck which perhaps doesn't give G the confidence to coach his way, By putting Brent there it fuels the fire that Brent is after the Head Coaches role. I feel the team would have got better in any case and now that will be credited to Pope and then Ragan for sanctioning the changes, so will give them free reign to install Brent as next seasons coach

Lets compare what our players get to the arena players they are supposed to compete with or even just Sheffield Playing /coaching budget Sheffields is near double Cardiffs.
Houses Cardiff 6 between the roster v Sheffield 16. In Sheffield even the back up nm has his own car and I think they have a car each. They play and train in better facilities it is a true professional set up where ours is just what we can afford. Not necessarily PR and BPs fault but the gap between the arena clubs and the rink ones is getting more difficult to bridge.

Ragan and Pope may not be able to walk on water but sometimes struggle to keep their feet on the ground and their heads out of the clouds

jodysstillagirlsname said:
. They play and train in better facilities it is a true professional set up where ours is just what we can afford. Not necessarily PR and BPs fault but the gap between the arena clubs and the rink ones is getting more difficult to bridge.
Sorry, I meant to add, this really is the reason I was opposed to the conference system last season and the fact we are in a conference with the three big spending arena sides. Although the conference system has improved the competativity of the games, I fear this will only be short term and the haves will soon have so much more than the have nots we will no longer be able to compete and will just be canon fodder for the arena teams

osh

osh said:
Sheincar said:
Same with G

Never have been a fan of Hilly and personally found him frustrating to watch. However, he has come up with points and scores at crucial times, he at least deserved to be put on notice and I think he was a scapegoat just so that management looked like they were doing something, very poor treatment of a long term employee

Not aggrieved that G is on bench just think he should have been allowed to do it with Franny, where they could form a good partnership. The windmill has so many other duties to perform as MD. He is also literally breathing down G s neck which perhaps doesn't give G the confidence to coach his way, By putting Brent there it fuels the fire that Brent is after the Head Coaches role. I feel the team would have got better in any case and now that will be credited to Pope and then Ragan for sanctioning the changes, so will give them free reign to install Brent as next seasons coach

Lets compare what our players get to the arena players they are supposed to compete with or even just Sheffield Playing /coaching budget Sheffields is near double Cardiffs.
Houses Cardiff 6 between the roster v Sheffield 16. In Sheffield even the back up nm has his own car and I think they have a car each. They play and train in better facilities it is a true professional set up where ours is just what we can afford. Not necessarily PR and BPs fault but the gap between the arena clubs and the rink ones is getting more difficult to bridge.

Ragan and Pope may not be able to walk on water but sometimes struggle to keep their feet on the ground and their heads out of the clouds
Fair comment, and some valid points, but the question hasn't been answered about the players not receiving what they are supposed to. My question wasn't comparing us to anyone, you have chosen to make the comparison between us and Sheffield, that wasn't the question was it ? Good for Steelers if they can provide first class facilities and cars etc. However, People are hinting that our players have not or are not receiving what they have been promised, if that is the case, will someone just have the balls to tell us exactly what they are not receiving. So for all those 'close to the players' tell us what you know or, put up or shut up, or do you like scaremongering ?

I answered that Hilly didn't receive two weeks notice. In all fairness there have been a lot of ' rumours ' such as late payments of wages, expenses or both, players crammed in to accomadation like Polish labourers. I suppose without seeing the contracts no one knows who was promised what or what is being provided. The way the club has treated Hilly and to a certain extent Ross I bet none of the players will actually come out and openly criticize the club management, they are a long way from home and flights etc are expensive if they fall foul of the employer who pays for tickets.

You didn't ask me that question OSH I was merely adding my points or views on your points to the debate :)

jimmy snels

Fair play osh you've got this bang on today. Why a few on here bother coming to games I dont know. Whinge whinge whinge. Does anyone actually care if ragan decided hill was as garbage as I thought he was and cut him? I don't. I support the team. I'll be critical of our play but this school yard Chinese whispers bollox floating around the inferno to whined people up is plain destructive. Go 'support' netball, or cardiff city, I hear their run much more in line with their fanbase.......

As for close to the players its starting to get tight in there, pass the KY, Mac can hardly skate and he's are number one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmy snels

I answered that Hilly didn't receive two weeks notice. In all fairness there have been a lot of ' rumours ' such as late payments of wages, expenses or both, players crammed in to accomadation like Polish labourers. I suppose without seeing the contracts no one knows who was promised what or what is being provided. The way the club has treated Hilly and to a certain extent Ross I bet none of the players will actually come out and openly criticize the club management, they are a long way from home and flights etc are expensive if they fall foul of the employer who pays for tickets
Every year we hear this nonsense, yet players such as mac who would not be short of offers come back and players such as weller and Bissonette recommend us.... frankly you bore me

jimmy snels said:
I answered that Hilly didn't receive two weeks notice. In all fairness there have been a lot of ' rumours ' such as late payments of wages, expenses or both, players crammed in to accomadation like Polish labourers. I suppose without seeing the contracts no one knows who was promised what or what is being provided. The way the club has treated Hilly and to a certain extent Ross I bet none of the players will actually come out and openly criticize the club management, they are a long way from home and flights etc are expensive if they fall foul of the employer who pays for tickets
Every year we hear this nonsense, yet players such as mac who would not be short of offers come back and players such as weller and Bissonette recommend us.... frankly you bore me
Frankly what would be boring is a forum that you all have the same views on, there is no debate and every one followed the club line. This has been tried in various guises under one of the previous owners ideas to control the mind set of the Customers, this was the main reason this forum was set up, it appears now that this forum has been taken over by club stooges.

Mac was still injured when signed so it was a win win for him and if there was another lockout tomorrow I doubt if you would see Bissonette rushing back

So lets end all debate All posts must contain the words

Ragan is God

Pope is St Peter

Anything they decide is always right, there we go no need for any more posts the forum is no longer needed

TheStub

The trouble is we don't know what payment has been made to Hill and what his contact stipulated. As we have moved Hill to make budget room for a new D then I'd guess the "put him on notice to get results" move was not one we wanted to take. We also don't know if he was put on notice and didn't step up. We may have just bought him out of his notice to speed up the process.

Too many don't know.

I certainly don't think the club are infallible - and after some events a few seasons back I have less than zero respect for Brent. But the constant niggling gets me down. Do fair and proportionate debate rather than myopic rents in either direction is what I hope for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Yawn.....

I have no vested interest other that watching and enjoying a devils win. Happy to talk hockey. But why you continue to be so negative would lead anyone to believe you personally have been wronged in some manner? Fancy sharing so I have an insight into why im being far to positive. If your right I'll try to drag osh down with me so you'll get two birds with one stone.

As for mac just one example. How about richie? Or stuu? I simply cant believe every year the players are wronged financially but conitinue to come back.

As for hill. Anyone outside of his inner circle (that is worded exactly how I wanted....) could see he was a shadow of his former self. Contract workers are laid off in my wrk at an hrs notice. Why should he be different if his contracts states its ok? If he was offered 4 times as much money at panthers would he have stayed with us to be loyal?! Nope. Business is business im afraid

jimmy snels said:
Yawn.....

I have no vested interest other that watching and enjoying a devils win. Happy to talk hockey. But why you continue to be so negative would lead anyone to believe you personally have been wronged in some manner? Fancy sharing so I have an insight into why im being far to positive. If your right I'll try to drag osh down with me so you'll get two birds with one stone.

As for mac just one example. How about richie? Or stuu? I simply cant believe every year the players are wronged financially but conitinue to come back.

As for hill. Anyone outside of his inner circle (that is worded exactly how I wanted....) could see he was a shadow of his former self. Contract workers are laid off in my wrk at an hrs notice. Why should he be different if his contracts states its ok? If he was offered 4 times as much money at panthers would he have stayed with us to be loyal?! Nope. Business is business im afraid
Cannot disagree with your final point, it is not my intention to get you to see my way or indeed to get you to drag OSH down for me. OSH knows some of the reasons for my negativity and I am not generally negative in my professional or personal life. I have never even been negative of the team even last season when we were short some of the issues / injuries were out of management control but the inability of the club to get cover made it seem worse

osh

jimmy snels said:
Yawn.....

Cannot disagree with your final point, it is not my intention to get you to see my way or indeed to get you to drag OSH down for me. OSH knows some of the reasons for my negativity and I am not generally negative in my professional or personal life. I have never even been negative of the team even last season when we were short some of the issues / injuries were out of management control but the inability of the club to get cover made it seem worse
Drag OSH down ??? Not much chance of that let me assure you. Just for the record, I never reveal anything that is mentioned in a pm to me under any circumstances, and I know certain members have got issues with PR and the club, but that is a personal issue on their behalf. I get fed up when members of this forum post things like 'players don't get what they have been promised' etc etc and then when asked to prove such things, they hide behind the comment 'it's just what I've heard from those close to the players', so nothing proven then !!! As I said previously, put up or shut up !!

TheStub

osh said:
I get fed up when members of this forum post things like 'players don't get what they have been promised' etc etc and then when asked to prove such things, they hide behind the comment 'it's just what I've heard from those close to the players', so nothing proven then !!! As I said previously, put up or shut up !!
Exactly.

There is too much "I've heard from someone close to someone". If the club really is screwing the players, or undermining the coach, then there needs to be light shed, but with definite proof.

People need to be proportionate in the praise and criticism of the club. Otherwise it is worthless.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
Exactly.

There is too much "I've heard from someone close to someone". If the club really is screwing the players, or undermining the coach, then there needs to be light shed, but with definite proof.

People need to be proportionate in the praise and criticism of the club. Otherwise it is worthless.

Stooge! ;)

steve

A few people have chosen to criticise the forum openly in recent days as being too pro club.

Please try to bear in mind that the forum is merely a platform for debate - the content is solely down to users. As Mods we have consciously decided to moderate as little as possible - we don't push any agendas and we don't stifle people's views. We are NOT Bob.

At the moment we have people complaining about the Inferno having a pro-club agenda, and others complaining that all you ever hear on here is complaining!

It bothers me that the forum is being treated with such disdain by some (no posters singled out), when the content of it, is solely down to individuals.

This thread is about the Devils v Giants game - so no more 'he said/she said' please.

Rant over.

TheStub

steve said:
A few people have chosen to criticise the forum openly in recent days as being too pro club.

Please try to bear in mind that the forum is merely a platform for debate - the content is solely down to users. As Mods we have consciously decided to moderate as little as possible - we don't push any agendas and we don't stifle people's views. We are NOT Bob.

At the moment we have people complaining about the Inferno having a pro-club agenda, and others complaining that all you ever hear on here is complaining!

It bothers me that the forum is being treated with such disdain by some (no posters singled out), when the content of it, is solely down to individuals.

This thread is about the Devils v Giants game - so no more 'he said/she said' please.

Rant over.
+1

osh

steve said:

Rant over.
Steve and The Stub, you are 100% correct! we have strayed from the topic subject, apologies.

Now, as there is a topic for rumours, how about a topic that reads. PROVEN FACTS AND ISSUES
ONLY ;) ;) so if anyone had anything to say, either it be good or bad about the club, they could openly post something that is much more than rumours or heresay ( for a change eh :lol: ). I could then post a definite fact that the building of the new arena has been delayed from the original date, but as there isn't such a topic, I won't post that there has been a definite delay to the building of the new arena !! ;)