Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This weekend the Devils take on the Giants at home on Saturday and Sunday.

We've not had the best of runs against the Giants in the last few years with this years results already running in the Giants favour 3 to 1.

Face off times as follows-

Saturday-7pm
Sunday-6pm

Details of the Devils Web casts of these games can be found here - http://cardiffdevilstv.net/

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, if we can as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

We will update this post as the game draws closer

Need to decide whether I go to Saturday or Sundays game, can't realistically make both. Probably go with Sunday as hear that 2nd leg's of double headers are usually the feistier of the two. Is this right?

Wannabe2

Not necessarily so, if it's kicked off in game one sometimes players get suspended, so won't be there in game 2. It's a lottery to be honest as game one incidents can also be carried over to game 2. All I will say is that games between us and them lot are usually feisty affairs, more so than others. Hopefully whichever you choose will be value for money, as most devils games this season are.

DevilDom

It doesn't seem like the Giants are bringing many fans with them with only 51 and 40 tickets sold in Block 1 for Saturday and Sunday which is way down on the numbers we took to Belfast.

Shame really as was hoping as one of the "big 3" they would at least fill 1 block and add to the atmosphere.

jimmy snels

How are ticket sales for this one? Is there a link that shows this by the way, as I've held a S.T for years now I can honestly say I've never thought about it because even if I was bringing a friend/partner there were usually hundreds of spare tickets so no need to worry! Good signs really :D

How confident are people feeling? I fancy it'll be two tight games. I hope we get a decent ref too.

Im going for 4 points. Belfast are a team you can get on top of mentally and we should exploit that. I'd also like to see Lloyd smashed to pieces and keefe thrown out for thirdvman in again. ...but I do say this every time :lol:

with regards to travelling fans - I believe a lot were put off by high hotel rates even early on when fixtures were released and with people having an eye on Christmas it did put a fair few off.

That said it's more than we take to Coventry and Sheffield with only Braehead and Nottingham ahead based on those pre sale numbers.

we also have a lot of fans who won't travel unless it's a Club organised trip..... which for double headers in England and Wales that tends not to happen.

the ones who go will be in good voice I hope ;)

hoping for 2 good games and less facial injuries than last week !

Gough60

I'd also like to see Lloyd smashed to pieces and keefe thrown out for thirdvman in again. ...but I do say this every time :lol:[/quote]

YEH, let Josh loose on Keefe again. :)

jimmy snels

Batch is a very dangerous fighter. He throws very hard and loose. Voth who many people regard as a fantastic enforcer was never dangerous in the way batch is. He was a clingy fighter 90% of the time so wouldn't get arms loose like Josh. Josh will wear a few fighting like he does but in much the same way as colt king, you might catch a KO if your not careful when fighting him or get cut (like keefe did last time out).
On the talk of fighting in games westgarth for me is the toughest so if we do need to step up I hope we just steam in throwing, Marsh was far to slow to throw his gloves and got really caught because of it!

Gough60

Westgarth/Marsh fight was just in front of me. Marsh did what he had to do following a boarding by Westgarth. Could see that Marsh knew what was coming, but dropped gloves anyway. 10/10 for taking him on. :RAWK

jimmy snels

Yeah total credit but I think instead of wearing a load like he did after pushing him to start it, I think steam in and, waterboy style " knock his fuckkkkkkkin head offfffff!!!!" :lol:
To be fair voth did it to mcmorrow who was a superior scrapper and it worked a treat! And I don't remember mcwilliam ever give anyone a chance to "duel" Shrewsbury rules. Just smack him one and see what happens. If you lose at least you got one in. If you knock him out your a legend!

ASHIPP

Lloyd always seems to put a few away against the Devils and Kompon will be a new forward to watch. He was injured last time so we didnt see him at BBT.

SteveKing

Gotta say I'm really fired up for this weekend. I've got the big screen computer set up to watch both games with my boys and Brian, Kelly and Craig are all coming over on Sunday to watch it with me.

Let's teach those Giants a lesson. These ones might mean just a bit more to TK than the rest...

COME ON U DEVILS!

DevilDom

SteveKing said:
Gotta say I'm really fired up for this weekend. I've got the big screen computer set up to watch both games with my boys and Brian, Kelly and Craig are all coming over on Sunday to watch it with me.

Let's teach those Giants a lesson. These ones might mean just a bit more to TK than the rest...

COME ON U DEVILS!
The rivalry with the Giants has really built up over the past few years, unfortunately we haven't had the team to be able to compete with them on even keel and they have held the edge over us. This year I really feel a shift change and we have a team that can compete with the big boys particularly at home. I'm fired up too for this one as I'd love to do the double over them and for the Devils to throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

Lets hope we can show the Giants we won't pushed around any longer and get the points!

Work is really building up for me this weekend which I think will stop me getting to the BBT (joys of being self employed in retail in the run up to Christmas). Instead now I'm thinking of watching both games on the webcast. I watched the Dundee offering last week as my first ever ice hockey webcast and enjoyed it, can I ask opinions on how our webcast compares on picture quality and whether it works on android tablet