Devils Vs Giants - League - 21st Oct 22 - 19.30 FO

tim78

If we come out the same as the start of the 2nd we had a few close chances that would level the game.

2nd period was the type of game I expected.

Giants don't appear to be short benched but they are a cut above the Devils tonight - they are doing everything right.

I wouldn't blame Bowns for those goals. Allow quality players to take shots in dangerous positions in front of the net & at some point you will let goals in.
That says it all really though doesn't it that the Giants don't appear to be short benched even though they are. Shows how we are playing and making them look like they have the extra man.

After tonight and the Sheffield game there is one thing guaranteed ! We will not win the league nor the playoffs ! But we will win for having the best bus service in the league for carrying passengers. Ok there were a few calls tonight that totally baffled me for the incompetent refs.
Another reason for our shower of shit pp and general game is we don’t shoot the puck and there is no screen in front of the goalie.

Disappointing loss I think after that first period we were always chasing the game. Defensively we were all over the shop and really struggling with giants forecheck in P1. Batch really needs to use his large frame a lot more effectively and Crawford needs a cooler head on the puck...too many give aways. Even the normally reliable Thompson coughed up some doozies!

A lot better P2 and first half of P3 but two sucker punch goals... especially the 4th really sucked the life out of us!!

Can we skip the goal highlights and just show the Riley Brandt hits!? The guy is so fun to watch!

Sadly have to echo previous posters that without some changes we are a 3rd place side at best. Frustratingly I think maybe 1 addition and 1 or 2 replacements and we'd be pretty much there!

jenks33

The last two weekends have just confirmed to me what I already suspected. That we’re the third best team in the league. I know Guildford and Coventry look decent this season but I do think we’ll finish above both of them come April. The first 20 minutes tonight was very, very sobering. We couldn’t live with them. And we created very little in the last 25 minutes against Sheffield when we were chasing the game.

What this team needs is the old devils and brad voth DVDs which I have in the house,
That will show them what I takes to be a devil! Heart , grit , determination, a not give 2 hoots who you are attitude