Devils Vs Giants - League - 8th Oct 23 - 18:00 FO

Hedd Wyn John

Devils playing poorly these last few minutes. Sloppy passing. & we really could have done with the full 5 mins on the PP and not have 2 mind of 4 on 4.

Jonesy83

What is going on with Trevor Cox?

He’s been absolutely useless so far this season, yes it’s early doors but he eats up a lot of minutes and has been a complete shell of the player he has been in previous season.

Devil94

A scrappy game, didn't look like a game between the 2 top teams. That being said I thought we were slightly the better team though, controlled more of the game and had a lot more chances. The problem we have is the Cox Martin Sanford line stinks at the moment. It's almost a certainty they will come good again but they need to be firing every time we play Belfast. Our 4th line looked the most dangerous most of tonight.
Positives for me was Busch, Crandall and Crawford. And the powerplay starting to show glimpses of promise, but not there yet.

doron

no points this weekend for us, fife get 2 wins , and Manchester are on a roll, this looks like its going to be an interesting season.

moggy#9

Sigh, zero point weekend. I'm assuming the boarding was pretty bad. Shocking given how many such incidents there have been already this season.

ASHIPP

Thought it was the most brutal first period I have seen in a game in a long time. Giants' gigantic players (although they do have a couple of smaller ones) smashed our Guys all over the place, pinned them to the boards and squeezed the life out of them. Felt by the end of p2, our Guys were exhausted and frustrated. Some of them looked so shellshocked they just didn't want to face another shift of that.
Unfortunately, we don't have many players who can retaliate the physical onslaught. Our smaller, lighter players were simply overrun, cut off at the pass, turned over or kept to the sides.

Dislike the Giants' arrogance and their dirty play but, boy, they have all the moves to counter anything the opposition have in their armoury. Hence a lot of dumping and chasing from us.
Only way to out play a team like that is to be faster than them...and ensure all your chances are pure gold winners on the pp.
It's games like this that demonstrate that.

Some of our players are off the boil and it's obvious. Missing Mosey and his calm reading of the game. Absolute credit to our 4th line tonight who brought energy, tenacity and chaos on their shifts. In fact, in p1, they were the only line to get some decent shots on Giants' goalie. Brandt deserved the MOM.

there's the big difference between us and belfast,besko.we didn't strengthen our netminder situation in the summer.booth is not seen as a starting netminder it seems and tonight bowns only faced 18 shots and let in 3 in comparison to besko who faced 43 shots and let 2.im not saying this is on bowns just that we should have signed a game changing netminder in the summer.panthers who beat us last night got beat 7-4 tonight in manchester and even scored a shortie.our next league games are a home and home against manchester.play like we have this weekend and we won't win either game.

Ocko

Thought it was the most brutal first period I have seen in a game in a long time. Giants' gigantic players (although they do have a couple of smaller ones) smashed our Guys all over the place, pinned them to the boards and squeezed the life out of them. Felt by the end of p2, our Guys were exhausted and frustrated. Some of them looked so shellshocked they just didn't want to face another shift of that.
Unfortunately, we don't have many players who can retaliate the physical onslaught. Our smaller, lighter players were simply overrun, cut off at the pass, turned over or kept to the sides.

Dislike the Giants' arrogance and their dirty play but, boy, they have all the moves to counter anything the opposition have in their armoury. Hence a lot of dumping and chasing from us.
Only way to out play a team like that is to be faster than them...and ensure all your chances are pure gold winners on the pp.
It's games like this that demonstrate that.

Some of our players are off the boil and it's obvious. Missing Mosey and his calm reading of the game. Absolute credit to our 4th line tonight who brought energy, tenacity and chaos on their shifts. In fact, in p1, they were the only line to get some decent shots on Giants' goalie. Brandt deserved the MOM.
Gigantic? Players shellshocked and not wanting to face another shift? Overrun?

I’ve seen some exaggerations on here but this is way up there. It was game we had by far the greater amount of time on attack, most shots and were in it until the end. It could’ve gone either way. Sometimes we were more physical, sometimes they were.

Hedd Wyn John

This is the devil's we know.

Another season finishing behind giants.

I know il get moaned at but am I wrong?

Nope.
Too many similarities to last season. Sloppy passing, rushed desperate plays, players getting outmuscled and pinned to the boards. & when we get a much needed penalty coming our way in the last 5 minutes we go and get a penalty for fighting, reducing a 1 man advantage down from 5 mins to 3 mins. & boy we needed every minute on the advantage we could get as the Giants found it too easy to disrupt our PP.

moggy#9

There were big expectations of booth when we signed him. He was expected to be besky/carruth level, but seems no better than kozun. Bowns has shown how good he can be, but he's inconsistent and needs help.