Devils Vs Giants - Pre-season - 26th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

voth26

Well that was an interesting game, joined the game via stream late and saw we were 3-1 down. Excellent P2 for the Devil's goals wise p3 started with Devil's getting the 4th goal then giants ramped up the pressure and to be honest deserved their goal, into OT and plenty of giants pressure but with no rewards then Ully breaks and throws a lovely pass for mosey who burys the biscuit for a devil's win. Like the look of booth and a few others including Crandall who I think had a pretty decent game. Plenty of positives and some negatives for Pete to work on I'm sure

Best couple of pre-season games I’ve seen. I loved the intensity from all players. Martin bringing it right from the first face off.
Booth is a good big body like Bowns but more agile. You had to feel sorry for the start he had in the first 5 minutes but he was soon right on form and pulling off some amazing saves.
I love Ully and Arniel together, they are both excellent playmakers - have they played together before?
I also thought Rymsha was stand out, his positioning, determination, and puck placement were all fantastic.
I’m waxing lyrical a bit but after last season it was just so refreshing to see such intensity and effort from everyone. It was also refreshing to see the communication from Russell to the players and see them listening to him. Definitely bodes well for a good coaching relationship with the players.
Very happy with this weekend.

Gavevs88

Best couple of pre-season games I’ve seen. I loved the intensity from all players. Martin bringing it right from the first face off.
Booth is a good big body like Bowns but more agile. You had to feel sorry for the start he had in the first 5 minutes but he was soon right on form and pulling off some amazing saves.
I love Ully and Arniel together, they are both excellent playmakers - have they played together before?
I also thought Rymsha was stand out, his positioning, determination, and puck placement were all fantastic.
I’m waxing lyrical a bit but after last season it was just so refreshing to see such intensity and effort from everyone. It was also refreshing to see the communication from Russell to the players and see them listening to him. Definitely bodes well for a good coaching relationship with the players.
Very happy with this weekend.
I'm sure one of them said in their signing interview that they played together in Germany.

Diafol

Really enjoyed tonight.
Strangely enough I wasn't downhearted at all at 3-1 down.
Last season at that point we would probably have seen the players' heads go down and the discontent around the arena go up.
There was none of that this evening.
Loved the spirit, grit and heart the team showed to turn it around, and the crowd responded to it.
I hope that continues for the rest of the season.

Diablo3

Neither of those two games could be called "friendly". What a performance from a brand new team. Both the Devils and Giants will improve with more games, rest of the league must be looking at those two games and scratching their heads. Loved the way the Devils bench cleared when Mosey scored. I hope they never bring that CHL rule on penalties into EIHL, could ruin games.

Mooney#16

I do not like that CHL power play rule at all. One poor call by an official and a game can be gone and out of sight in two minutes. It’s terrible.

I thought Belfast were unlucky to lose that tonight in fairness. They were good. Closed Devils down and really stopped them playing with any cohesion. Will be quite the battle this season. Stick tap for Batchy also. Good scrap.

Diablo3

I do not like that CHL power play rule at all. One poor call by an official and a game can be gone and out of sight in two minutes. It’s terrible.

I thought Belfast were unlucky to lose that tonight in fairness. They were good. Closed Devils down and really stopped them playing with any cohesion. Will be quite the battle this season. Stick tap for Batchy also. Good scrap.
So agree on the PP rules, as for the Giants, yes they were good but our ability to pick out a pass is much better. You're right there will be some good battles this year, but at least I can look forward to them with optimism this time.

BostonBart22

Not a lot. A normal hit from Cooper in the corner who skated back to centre ice chatting and chirping, definitely wanted it more than Batch…then failed to throw anything meaningful.
To much of a hug fest and handbags that one, shame not a full blown fight. Good to see batch step up as he's obviously been told to now lou has gone, more from him to come

BostonBart22

As posters say that chl pp rule is a no no for me, it will favour the bigger teams in the comp, if a team say gotta defend a pp at some point against a really top team the game could be seeing 4 or 5 goals in that pp period, awful rules, back to game outstanding brit for me was duggan, he was everywhere on the ice and obviously got his role mapped out by PR. not sure who mom was but booth must be up there with a few newbies, he kept us in that game with reflex saves not seen by a nettie since carrruth was here, well done to him, overall a great game by both teams , bring it on the other teams gonna be a blast I'm sure.

moggy#9

As posters say that chl pp rule is a no no for me, it will favour the bigger teams in the comp, if a team say gotta defend a pp at some point against a really top team the game could be seeing 4 or 5 goals in that pp period, awful rules, back to game outstanding brit for me was duggan, he was everywhere on the ice and obviously got his role mapped out by PR. not sure who mom was but booth must be up there with a few newbies, he kept us in that game with reflex saves not seen by a nettie since carrruth was here, well done to him, overall a great game by both teams , bring it on the other teams gonna be a blast I'm sure.
To my mind the CHL pp rule is there, much like the new way of running the fixtures, to give teams not from their main leagues as little chance as possible. To be honest, I fear for Belfast in the competition this season. Between the different standards and the dodgy reffing in away games, there could be some pretty harsh scores.

Earnie

Two narrow wins against Belfast as pre season openers - brilliant. Last night , when 0-3 after only 5 minutes, you would not have thought we could recover but we did. Well done to PR and the whole team. We won’t win all our games against them that’s for sure. There is a long hard season ahead. After the early shock I thought Boothe was terrific.(and that CHL penalty rule is pants)