Devils Vs Giants - Pre-season - 26th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

GAVIN

Was at the Saturday game and one thing that worried me was that we we always open on the left side when belfast was attacking... same weakness that we had last season. Hoping they finally figure this out as most of our goals conceded was from that side.... passing was great but I think our d missed Richie big time... promising signs though and rymsha and brandt smashing everything was awesome to see

Pembo

Lovely to read all the positive feedback from the first two games. Haven’t been able to follow Pre-Season due to other commitments. Has there been much juggling with lines between the games or do they look pretty set? Roll on September!

Wannabe2

Lines still being changed as we have a coach who thinks and acts, two very good and entertaining games so far, team looking very good a huge improvement on last season. This team are going and are very good to watch, and most certainly look like a TEAM, think you will be pretty pleased Pembo.

moggy#9

It wouldn’t surprise me if the players or PR has asked for this. They get hyped up in the dressing room and warmed up to then stand for five minutes on the ice getting cold.
I've argued for a long time that the build up is just too long once the players are out.

Something occurred to me about the logo. If you imagine a vertical line down from the left of the left horn, and then remove everything to the left of that - it actually looks a lot better.
Agree with you on this, maybe if the flames were orange to discern between the flames and the head as it just all seems to blend into one.

terry hunt

Remember the old times WNIR they used to announce both team rosters , what a borefest that was, ..hopefully Saturday's intro of players are here to stay ..maybe a trial who knows..
Not as bad as the Steelers when they started.
All that Duke of Earl,Champion the wonderhorse etc almost drove me to drink

Remember the old times WNIR they used to announce both team rosters , what a borefest that was, ..hopefully Saturday's intro of players are here to stay ..maybe a trial who knows..
I always thought it was brilliant back then tbh, all the razzmatazz was like a breath of fresh air, especially being a City fan in the days when you had to shout to the nearest guy to you to hear you.
Obviously that buzz has worn off for 99% of people, but the newcomers probably enjoy it.
Slightly off the point but can you imagine what it must have been like for someone like Steve Oliver, who might have been getting 5 mins of ice time at that level to be announced.........# 8 ..Steve Oliver, and he toe picks his way up to the blue line with 2500 fans cheering him. (open to be corrected on name and number) Sorry to pick you out if you are reading Steve. lol
Must have been an incredible buzz for them.
Totally agree about doing away with it all now though

moggy#9

I always thought it was brilliant back then tbh, all the razzmatazz was like a breath of fresh air, especially being a City fan in the days when you had to shout to the nearest guy to you to hear you.
Obviously that buzz has worn off for 99% of people, but the newcomers probably enjoy it.
Slightly off the point but can you imagine what it must have been like for someone like Steve Oliver, who might have been getting 5 mins of ice time at that level to be announced.........# 8 ..Steve Oliver, and he toe picks his way up to the blue line with 2500 fans cheering him. (open to be corrected on name and number) Sorry to pick you out if you are reading Steve. lol
Must have been an incredible buzz for them.
Totally agree about doing away with it all now though
The thing is, back in the division 2 South days, most of the teams were second teams (like peterboro) or places with tiny followings (like Bournemouth or Bristol). In fact, I think, ashfield didn't even have a settled rink, so played only in the road. So, for players who were, by today's standards, rec level, it would have been pretty overwhelming - particularly if they were being scored on every two minutes, or less.