Devils Vs Panthers - League - 12th & 13th Feb 22

voth26

Do you want Todd to get involved and change the Laws of the game???
Do you still think it's a joke call after the explanation from DOPS. Actual laws of the game and not a hissy fit reaction from a fan.

Voth26, Steveo86....... as much as I agree with you re Instigator pen, he wasn't kicked out for instigating although was given the penalty.

Its not a two game ban for the incident, there is an extra game for being a repeat offender.
McNally really has to be smarter and if he can't I can't see him being asked back.
I'm glad it's #74 thats got the ban though and not Crandall that is pictured in the DOPS article.
I'm aware he wasn't ejected for instigating, that's the annoying thing. Both players dropped the mitts so why the hell was the instigator pen called. panthers player got off lightly should have been called for cross checks as well

Diafol

We had a bad run before Christmas losing 4 games out of 5. Any hopes of the league title disappeared at that point.

Since then (I think) we've played 21, won 17 and lost 4 including today.
That's something to be pleased about, despite today's poor performance.

There are still 2 trophies to play for and I think this team is capable of winning both of them - we definitely need to up our game for the semi final but we can do it.

august04 2.0

We had a bad run before Christmas losing 4 games out of 5. Any hopes of the league title disappeared at that point.

Since then (I think) we've played 21, won 17 and lost 4 including today.
That's something to be pleased about, despite today's poor performance.

There are still 2 trophies to play for and I think this team is capable of winning both of them - we definitely need to up our game for the semi final but we can do it.
To win the CC, we have to win a one off game in Sheffield and if we do that, then most likely in Belfast too (unless the Panthers can claim an unlikely win v Giants). That’s a tough ask for us, even at our best. I think the play offs are our main hope of winning a trophy, anything can happen there.

Mazzoak

Oh well, we lost......

New coach to U.K. New team, Covid, Brexit and ”fans” are actually disappointed because we are not going to win the league. Well newsflash, we were very unlikely too, yes, Steve says we always aim for success, of course and every time l buy a Lottery Ticket l aim to win to..........knowing full well it’s unlikely.

E.D.S.

Just got back from the game. It was just one of those games. Every aspect of our game was poor. Nobody came out of that game with their head held high. Not even the Brit line had their usual energy. They really struggled. Everything was flat and hard work but just one of those days. Chalk it off and move on.

E.D.S.

if you look at it around 13 secs or so panthers player starts to get involved again then turtles
This doesn’t show what happened before. The Panther had a few shoves at Louis first. From where I was sat it looked liked Louis was retaliating rather than instigating but can’t excuse the punching with the Lino their.

Diablo3

Like all you guys I am disappointed with the way we played tonight. But in our first season with this coach and roster we are not going to be lower than third and we still have a chance, however small at the CC and playoffs. We have the makings of a great team here who will get better and more consistent the more they play together. I hope we manage to re-sign as many of them as possible for next season.

august04 2.0

Like all you guys I am disappointed with the way we played tonight. But in our first season with this coach and roster we are not going to be lower than third and we still have a chance, however small at the CC and playoffs. We have the makings of a great team here who will get better and more consistent the more they play together. I hope we manage to re-sign as many of them as possible for next season.
I’ve loved watching this team since Coughler and McNulty came in, which makes tonight’s game so much more disappointing. It was so out of character. I’m sure we'll retain quite a few players next year, but we will need to get better for sure, as you can bet your bottom dollar that Sheffield and Belfast will improve, and Nottingham can’t be as bad again.

Diablo3

I’ve loved watching this team since Coughler and McNulty came in, which makes tonight’s game so much more disappointing. It was so out of character. I’m sure we'll retain quite a few players next year, but we will need to get better for sure, as you can bet your bottom dollar that Sheffield and Belfast will improve, and Nottingham can’t be as bad again.
Me too, not to forget Brandt who makes me smile every shift he gets.

Hedd Wyn John

I think even if Sheffield and Belfast take points off each other and we somehow go undefeated for the rest of the year, the way we have played this season l think it would be a travesty if we won the league, that's hugely unlikely though. We just don't play consistently, rarely put in a 60 minute performance and feel flat for long periods for too long. Shuff deserve it this year, as disgusting as l feel saying that, they are the best team. I just hope they don't win the cc and playoffs too.
Devils deserve 3rd I'd say, even if we did pip Belfast into 2nd it won't make a difference. Nobody's catching Sheffield.

voth26

So have I, we have good players some who are high up in the scoring, assists and nettie stats columns. Steeler's and giants have both brought back a big core of their players or players who have played for them before in the case of the giants. we have a new coach, and a team made up of roughly 95% new players who are new to each other and the league, I obviously want to win all the silverware on offer but if we win any silverware or not and finish 3rd i'll take that as a successful season. there are fans of teams in the league who with respect will never be near to the top of the league or be in a position to challenge for silverware. We will obviously have new players next season some by choice either the clubs or the player,

voth26

This doesn’t show what happened before. The Panther had a few shoves at Louis first. From where I was sat it looked liked Louis was retaliating rather than instigating but can’t excuse the punching with the Lino their.
That's part of the issue sometimes you can be worse off for retaliating rather than starting something

Diablo3

Took a look at twitter and apparently we are in "meltdown" on the forum. I guess they didn't bother to read the thread as I think it reads disappointed but positive.