Devils Vs Stars - 2nd Jan 2016 - 7pm -Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Hang on its 2016 ? Where's my hover board and flying cars ? Let down by the future like me ? At least we have hockey to watch.

Devils Web cast as always here http://www.icetime.tv/

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

voth26

2 points would be a great way to start the year off and are really important in gaining momentum and building confidence going forward, hopefully with great team performance

davew

Absolute garbage of a game, the stars deserved a regulation win. Play like that tomorrow an we will get thrashed against the clan. Too much new year cheer no doubt our downfall I fear.

My god we were absolute rubbish tonight couldnt strimg a pass together i feel 5-6 players are under performing just coasting games.Plus no plan B I think lord got abit of thinking to do.

Got what we deserved tonight I'm afraid. Although I felt we were more physical than in recent weeks, we didn't put the puck on net any where near enough as we should have. When we finally got our noses in front we once again committed the cardinal sin of conceding immediately a big no no in anyone's book. Tonight I'm afraid our run of winning ugly came to an end. We need to find our best form again quickly. Massive game against the clan tomorrow.

Milky

So we had a poor game, its not the end of the world. Yes it's a point dropped but Dundee play a a very good spoiling game that makes it very difficult to play against.

They have taken some notable scalps this season.

That said at times our passing was very poor.

We've been poor for a fair few weeks now mate. We've been winning ugly and I've sung our praises about getting results when we haven't been at our best. It wasn't going to last winning like that. We now need to find our best again to kick on and hopefully win this league, which is the most open for a while. I believe we are good enough but we need to be way more clinical in games like tonight.

august04

Dundee deserved the 2 points tonight. They looked hungrier than us, which is unforgivable and I thought we were dreadful again. I've come out of that rink so many times this year thinking "how are we top of the league (?)", even when we've won games. For me, the Devils management need to be brave and bring someone in to shake things up a bit and provide more energy and a spark. Just when you think Salters has turned a corner, he was non existent tonight. Doucet has a habit of scoring important goals and that's been very important for us this season, but his general game is lacking for me. A very disappointing performance from the Devils, with the exception of Bowns. I think he's probably a big part of the answer to my top of the league question! We've certainly got a tough Challenge Cup series coming up against the Stars.

august04

Milky said:
So we had a poor game, its not the end of the world. Yes it's a point dropped but Dundee play a a very good spoiling game that makes it very difficult to play against.

They were the better team on the night for me. I certainly didn't see them play a spoiling game, that does them a huge dis-service.

Milky

CJDevil21 said:
I believe we are good enough but we need to be way more clinical in games like tonight.
That's something I've mentioned before mate. There is no coincidence that away net minders seem to get man of the match a lot at the BBT. I think we make them look better than they are as we're not clinical enough. The amount of great opportunities we create is unreal and I think one game we will run riot over someone.

As an aside, the standard of penalty taking in the league is dreadful but as a team we must have one of the worst conversion ratios.

matbur

First Devils game in a while, thought they were pretty poor which goes against their usual standard this season.

I thought they were particularly poor on the PP.

Is there anywhere via club or the league where they have the match stats? In-game stats would be great, like the NHL.

Milky

august04 said:
Milky said:

They were the better team on the night for me. I certainly didn't see them play a spoiling game, that does them a huge dis-service.
Oh I agree, they totally deserved the win, but compare the way they set themselves up as opposed to Manchester who play a fast paced attacking game.

Dundee are a well organised, compact, no frills team that play a very formulaic game which works for them.

I thought Salters played as physical as I've seen him all season in the first period. He put a huge hit on Lidhammar after Lidhammar had angered him early on in the game, he then went missing. I like Leigh Salters and I do feel he brings a lot to the team, but he should and could be more physical. he's only one of a few that need a kick up the backside.