Devils Vs Stars - League - 20th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Back to domestic action on Saturday as we invite the Dundee Stars to the Bay. Dundee haven't been having too bad a season when they don't have players banned and a win for them would see them equal us on points (albeit we have games in hand) Devils will be looking to re-attain their coveted second placed league spot from Guildford who are now 3 points (and 3 games) ahead. Hopefully we can capture some of the 'compete' from last weekend and reignite our league drive to be 'best of the rest'

Pondlife

Wasn't the end of the last game pretty feisty after Allen speared Batch as he left the ice leading to it all kicking off? Have we played them since that?

BostonBart22

Wasn't the end of the last game pretty feisty after Allen speared Batch as he left the ice leading to it all kicking off? Have we played them since that?
not played since i dont think, and also no hit wonder for the devils in his time here josh brittain wanted a rumble with cox ..lol

Wannabe2

Last game we beat Stars 5`-4 at home on Dec 16th, goals by Waller, Crandall, Sanford, Alderson, and Rymsha. Handbags at the end.

Le
Just please keep up the entertainment factor. I'm on such a high from last weekend and back in love with the game. The last thing I want to see is Alderson skating around like he's Josh Brittain and Brandt not being Brandt.
Let's see if powederpuff Alderson throws his weight around with Allen in line up? Or he turns into clone of josh Brittain

Rempel16

I hope that Cox and Sanford bring it tonight.

It was a pleasure to watch the team last week, and I don’t think I was the only one who felt we were more cohesive without them.

Joey M looked like he was enjoying his hockey when lined with Brandt and Alderson. I just hope this isn’t a decision that PR feels he’s been pressured into.

kettdevil1

I hope that Cox and Sanford bring it tonight.

It was a pleasure to watch the team last week, and I don’t think I was the only one who felt we were more cohesive without them.

Joey M looked like he was enjoying his hockey when lined with Brandt and Alderson. I just hope this isn’t a decision that PR feels he’s been pressured into.
It's an interesting take and actually I would agree. The counter of course is that Sanford is top scorer and we lost 2 out of 3 games last weekend. The team certainly did look more cohesive but I think for our futures prospects, we need a way of integrating them into the team ..... not sure how though!

Rempel16

It's an interesting take and actually I would agree. The counter of course is that Sanford is top scorer and we lost 2 out of 3 games last weekend. The team certainly did look more cohesive but I think for our futures prospects, we need a way of integrating them into the team ..... not sure how though!
That’s the issue, they both bring decent points / goals production. It’s a conundrum.

Rempel16

Exactly. You are absolutely right that we looked better last weekend but..... how do we replace that number of points at this stage of the season?
Short of a new signing I don’t think we do. I’m not sure there’s enough potential for firepower in the rest of our lineup.

Hedd Wyn John

Good first period for the Devils. Brandt had a good fight with Brittain. Devils in control for the entire period, shame about that late Stars goal but overall can't fault the performance. More of the same please in p2.

Nasty looking hit to the head on Davies, puck looked like it was 30 ft away from the clip I saw on twitter - to absolutely no one's surprise it wasn't called. Any chance it's looked at post game?

Elsewhere flyers gone into first break 1-0 up on the steelers...

jenks33

5-3 up after two periods so we should be ok. Pete Russell must be tearing his hair out with the timing of the goals we’ve conceded tho. 20 seconds left in the first, 10 seconds gone in the second and then 14 seconds after our fifth. There’s never a good time to concede but you should be switched on at those particular moments.