Devils Vs Stars - League - 20th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Rempel16

But only 2 players in the league has scored more goals than Sanford, 1 of them has played 3 more games and the other 1 two more games
That was similar to Tendler when he was in this league. I don’t think he ever won a league title and was never good enough to be on a team that would.

RedDevil17

But Blaze wouldn’t have got rid of him, like some people are saying on here. Sanford is such a good player who also shows heart and can be feisty, unlike many of the others.
Maybe so, but you need consistency from your top line in order to win titles. Sanford and Cox are anything but consistent

Sanford is very similar to Gui Doucet was, a great sniper/goal scorer but doesn’t give you much else and in the way of assists.
In my mind Doucet was a great player for us but even then not a top line forward.
Sanford has delivered a 30 goal season but when you take out 4 or 5 hat tricks in multiple goal wins against ordinary opponents then your left with about 18 or so over the other 50 games.
In my mind not the consistency to get GWG’s in tight games against your main rivals over a full season to win you the league.