Devils Vs Stars - League - 4th Dec 22 - 18:00 FO

Devil94

What a hilarious set of results this weekend. Talks of Belfast being Gods gift to hockey and in a different league to us can now end as we move clear of them. If we win our games in hand over Coventry we could easily be 2nd.

Guildford haven't been in this position yet where they are comfortable at the top. You never know how teams cope with that without the experience. If we keep pushing and go on a run we will be right back in it going in to the final stages of the season.

Hedd Wyn John

Adam keefe is under pressure to perform as well.

Lost again tonight.

League is slipping away from them.

I can't see flames getting caught
It's early December so I'd say it's a bit too early to call it at this stage. If this was mid January I'd say you were probably right but at this stage all Guildford need to do is pick up a few injuries, drop points here & there and it's wide open again.

ASHIPP

Giants have had several injury problems recently. It makes you wonder why they haven't brought in replacements. Playing short for a few weeks is tough....look at the Devils down to 4 d men last year.

Hedd Wyn John

Let's just enjoy our 4 point success this weekend and take it game at a time. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Job well done lads. Enjoy.
Solid win vs the Stars tonight off the back of a tough battle last night. Good performance from the team overall. Stars never gave up and looked like they might be on a come back but Devils came through in the end.

BostonBart22

Good win in the end, Dundee never gave up for 60 mins, best dundee team seen for long time, Bowns kept us in it especially last ten minutes, reid looked impressive after a dismal run of games, officials missed a lot of stonewall penalties both sides, let's hope this weekend carries on next Saturday v belfast, it's massive now looking at the table

Gavevs88

Weird game that for me tonight, we definitely sat back in the 3rd and let them back into it. Officials were dire and missed a lot as per usual, but a win is a win.

Finny

Positives tonight for me were:
-Our first couple of shifts. Tonight was the first time in a while that I felt we started in the right manner. Fast skating, hard hitting, offensive hockey. And it gave us the early goal we deserved.
-Offence. We looked far more comfortable going forward tonight. Chemistry between the players looks to be improving too. We looked dangerous pretty much every time we entered zone.
-Powerplay. No reliance on the pre-planned drop off play. Quick passes and carry the puck in. Ok we didn’t score but we looked more dangerous.
-Bowns. Looked solid and made some huge saves at key points. Which brings me onto…

Negatives.
I didn’t see the Belfast game but tonight at times our decision making in the defensive zone was as bad as I’ve seen. Not just from the Dmen, a couple of forwards made ridiculous cross-ice passes too when we just need to clear the zone. There was a three minute spell at 3-2 in the second where we seemed to be doing everything possible to concede. The only reason we didn’t was Bowns.
But we sorted ourselves out, got ourselves into a deserved 5-2 lead….and did the exact same thing again. Once again Bowns had to make some huge saves else we’d have been heading into OT.

Overall though it was a good performance and as others have shown there are no easy games in this league this season.

4 point weekend. Great work guys.

Samael

Good result. 4 points. Job done.

While the results for Belfast this weekend were rather unfortunate l think those people who are suddenly writing them off are 'hilarious'. Remind me again how many times we have beaten the Giants this season?

If we can beat them like we did Sheffield (although that literally is an apples and oranges comparison) then we are in the same league again. We need to play them with a chip on our shoulder and definitely with a point to prove.

E.D.S.

Positives tonight for me were:
-Our first couple of shifts. Tonight was the first time in a while that I felt we started in the right manner. Fast skating, hard hitting, offensive hockey. And it gave us the early goal we deserved.
-Offence. We looked far more comfortable going forward tonight. Chemistry between the players looks to be improving too. We looked dangerous pretty much every time we entered zone.
-Powerplay. No reliance on the pre-planned drop off play. Quick passes and carry the puck in. Ok we didn’t score but we looked more dangerous.
-Bowns. Looked solid and made some huge saves at key points. Which brings me onto…

Negatives.
I didn’t see the Belfast game but tonight at times our decision making in the defensive zone was as bad as I’ve seen. Not just from the Dmen, a couple of forwards made ridiculous cross-ice passes too when we just need to clear the zone. There was a three minute spell at 3-2 in the second where we seemed to be doing everything possible to concede. The only reason we didn’t was Bowns.
But we sorted ourselves out, got ourselves into a deserved 5-2 lead….and did the exact same thing again. Once again Bowns had to make some huge saves else we’d have been heading into OT.

Overall though it was a good performance and as others have shown there are no easy games in this league this season.

4 point weekend. Great work guys.
Some of our decision making in the defensive zone is worrying. We have opportunities to clear the zone but instead decided to fake the clearance, then turn back on ourselves and wedge the puck into the boards, where we inevitably ended up turning over the puck and inviting more pressure.
Thompson should have iced the puck when Bowns lost his stick but instead decided to try a cute clearance to just clear the zone and not ice it, this was caught at the blue, turned over and Rutkis scored a soft one. Just some basic decision making really cost us last night.
Bowns had a superb game.

kristian

Yeah think Brittian got injured early in season and played through it.
The last few games seems to putting it about a bit more. Be nice now to have # 86 back be like signing him again.

august04 2.0

That was the kind of game we've been losing, with sloppy errors mixed in with some good stuff. Bowns is playing well again, Martin is just on another level completely, and Brittain had his best game for us last night, for me anyway, and looked good on the third line with the Brits. And we got the win and a 4 point weekend. Some tough tests ahead though and we need to be much tighter at the back end and stop these unforced errors. Much more promising from the Devils though and credit Dundee too, they worked their nuts off.