Devils Vs Stars - PO 1/4 Final - 13th April 24 - FO 19:00

E.D.S.

I agree that Stars played well but we were consistent with the lasts couple of weeks. I could count on one hand the amount of times we exited our zone and set something up in the Stars zone. We played like we were playing a superior team. We were so eager to cross the red line and dump the puck. We had no decent possession really. On the 58th and 59th minute we had great zone time but that was it.
Crawford, for all his wonderful offensive abiities is just a disaster at the back. The third period was a great example, we win the draw in our zone, he ices the puck and hits the scoreboard, back under pressure we go with another face off. We win that face off and he fires it the length of the ice for another icing, back under pressure. The third face off the Stars win and build zone time. These are just basic plays. To not be able to pick a pass and exit our zone in a controlled way just kills all of our momentum and places us under unnecessary pressure. A few of our goals tonight came from broken plays as opposed to well worked moves. We just don't seem to be playing to a level that will threaten a championship.

Great to have Busch back. For someone lacking game time, he was relentless and got his rewards. Another solid game by Batch and Ritchie put his body on the line, again. Pleased to see Duggan notch one. A goal from that line always makes me happy.

Cody donaghey had a shocker of game tonight a defensive liability.Just shocking defending for two of stars goals ,Pete even gave franny the laptop to show him his mistakes.We just seemed to coast through the game with not enough intensity .Huge game tomorrow with first goal going to be massive.

Pembo

Shout out to Justin Crandall. Played a hard game, made some key blocks and harrying Stars all over the rink. Alderson, especially early playing the kind of physical hockey we were hoping he would bring. Great to have options with Busch and Ully back, and congrats to that line for producing points despite injury layoffs, if we’re going to have a shot at playoffs will need multiple lines firing.

tim78

Cheers Jeyess tried to slow it but I think the angle of the camera and the top post being in front of the line gives it a difficult view without real slow motion.

MA18

The fact that it's going to be yet another thing on the site which, far from adding extra parking provision is, as far as I can recall from the plans, will actually reduce the availability of parking.
So the velodrome isn’t stupid but the lack of parking should the council not get it right will be?