Devils Vs Steelers - 14 February - 7:30PM - Chat/ Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

You can check out our woefully short ( so few games last weekend ;:| ) game preview in the run up to this game here

As usual we'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl Join us from 6:30 for build up to the game and Face Off @ 7:30pm

Ger-Devils will be hosting as always and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com or on the Inferno Twitter account @theInfernoCoUk

DevilDom

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - 14 February - 7:30PM - Chat/ Updat

Still undecided whether to go to this game. Stay in and gain some brownie points or go to a game which could turn into a valentines day massacre that is the question!

ASHIPP

Chris Frank taking a little swipe at the BBT in the 'Echo' ahead of tomorrow.

Sadly detect some arrogance there which is symptomatic of playing for bigger clubs. Listened to Danny Meyers' analysis of Steelers v Dundee Stars in Challenge Cup. Rather disrespectful of a very strong Dundee team this year.

Congrats to Callum Buglass ahead of tomorrow's game...good luck when you ice!!

Nice Valentine's present for your mum from dad and vice versa!!

Finny

I remember when Callum used to be brought to the WNIR as a baby.

I'm so old :(

Anyone got a link for the Echo comments?

I'm glad our 'kids' are getting a run out. Come on you Devils!

Skippy

Thread starter #10

Reading the comments from Chris back he really is stating facts. Ice is small...

Earnie

There was a Sheffield game at the BBT not all that many years ago when we were seriously short of numbers due to suspensions and injuries and we brought out the cavalry from the lower ranks.

and........

and.........

WE WON

ASHIPP

A real gutsy performance from the Devils tonight...desperately unlucky not to get a point out of a fairly evenly matched game. Two silly errors helped Steelers get their goals and that really was the only difference i.e. they were quick to capitalise on those mistakes. Devils had a few opportunities too.
In the end, they just ran out of time. Our 6 on 3 came far too late in the game.

If ever we needed proof the team havent given up, tonight was it. Their fighting spirit was fantastic to the death. They should take heart from that and news of potential reinforcements will hopefully lift them.

Earnie

I agree totally with ASHIPP's comments.
Should we meet Sheffield in the playoffs then I am not unduly worried.

Finny

I too agree with Ashipp, can't complain about the Devils performance tonight.

We outplayed Sheffield in the 1st and 3rd periods and deserved at least a point from the game. But two avoidable mistakes in the 2nd all but gifted the Steelers the win.

Hope they appreciated the reception they got at the end whilst skating around, as they deserved to be congratulated on their effort tonight.

DevilDom

Good performance despite the result but could someone tell me what has happened to the player that was once Max Birbraer?

DevilDom said:
Good performance despite the result but could someone tell me what has happened to the player that was once Max Birbraer?
I reckon he is still injured, or just scared to throw weight around incase he brings back his injury. There was one point where he could of destroyed tylor but pulled out. Also his stick work not as good as normal

Diafol

Ingramator said:
DevilDom said:
I reckon he is still injured, or just scared to throw weight around incase he brings back his injury. There was one point where he could of destroyed tylor but pulled out. Also his stick work not as good as normal
I said the same thing this evening, he doesn't seem to be 100% fit to me.
Maybe he came back a bit too early from the injury just so we could have another body in the squad, who knows ?

DevilDom

Ingramator said:
DevilDom said:
I can understand a lack of physicality due to his previous injury however I lost count of the number of times he was unable to control the puck or lost it tonight. He cost us the 2nd goal and there were lots of really basic errors. If we were not already so short benched I think we should have benched him.

wildthing74

Very pleasing performance from the guys and I didn't see a guy in red not give 100%.To be 2 import forwards plus our top Brit down we matched Sheffield for most if not all the game.
As been stated 2 silly errors got punished but you would expect that against a team as stacked as them.
It shows how well the Brits did when you see Piggot on the PK and both Harding and Quiney out on the ice with just over 2 minutes to go.These guys will only learn from these experiences and hopefully we will get to see the long term benefit.