Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Top of the table clash this Saturday in the Bay as the steelers come to town. steelers have been in first place for most of the season and don't show any signs of slowing down. They are beatable however as we have proven and statistically they've not won the league yet. Devils are firmly ensconced in second place but will be looking to put the loss against the Panthers behind them with a bounceback win.

ASHIPP

Where to find a chink in Steelers' armour? They seem to find a way to win in any situation at the moment....short benched, behind in the game, penalty kill. Not sure on their O/T or P/S success this season.

Wannabe2

Obviously the best team in the league, but they can be beaten the Flyers are witness to that so they ain’t invincible, but not far off. They have only lost 4 league games, so hopefully after Saturday it will be 5, but we need to be at our very best.

Where to find a chink in Steelers' armour? They seem to find a way to win in any situation at the moment....short benched, behind in the game, penalty kill. Not sure on their O/T or P/S success this season.
Good question - their looking pretty formidable and impressive and have done for quite some time without much push back from other teams since the turn of the year. Perhaps a antagonise them a bit, wind them up and take them off their game. If that’s even possible. Not sure - though I’m confident that Pete Russell and Neil Francis will have a plan in place and I think it has all the makings of a great game. If we try to outplay/outskill them I think they will have too much for us. Bowns also needs to be on his A game (presuming he starts). Looking forward to this one - I think the Devils will go all out for the win and if nothing else will make it uncomfortable for Sheffield. Someone needs to take them off their pedestal a tad - hopefully it’s us. ;)

From a league point of view, not a huge game for us anymore because we will not catch them.

Playoff wise this game is huge for us, we need to get in there heads that we can beat them, put doubts in there heads, we need go out hard and fast, make sure we finish our checks and do not take a backwards step against these lot! No soft Russell hockey because they will outplay us. Do this and the crowd will rally and the arena will be buzzing.

If we lose giving 100% and fought till the end i will still leave a happy man

From a league point of view, not a huge game for us anymore because we will not catch them.

Playoff wise this game is huge for us, we need to get in there heads that we can beat them, put doubts in there heads, we need go out hard and fast, make sure we finish our checks and do not take a backwards step against these lot! No soft Russell hockey because they will outplay us. Do this and the crowd will rally and the arena will be buzzing.

Absolutely - completely agreed with the playoff comment and us then emphasising the fact that we can beat them and they cannot just breeze past everyone. As good as they are they have had it far too easy for far too long now.

Wannabe2

That’s exactly how we should approach this, we need to come out taking the body with legal checks they need to be knocked off their usual game as they are the business when allowed to play as they wish. Nothing less than 60 mins by every player will do, our D needs to be tight, solid,and mean, our forwards need to make every chance pay, and we need to play as a team and for each other and want it more. This is our chance to put some doubt in their heads thankfully we have people on the bench that know all these things, just need to put them in action now. So give us something to cheer about lads, and we will cheer, give us something to make some noise about lads, and we will make noise, let’s do this guys this is Cardiff this is our house.

E.D.S.

I've never been more relaxed about a game. I actually might enjoy watching this. Not expecting a win but what I am keen to look out for is how well we cope without the puck. I expect Steelers to dominate zone time and possession. I want us to get used to playing like that. Being organised and disciplined when we are chasing shadows. Keeping our structure and not being frustrated that we don't have the puck or worse, petulant with needless icing and silly hacks and whacks. Getting a grip on this will help us in Europe and when we play big arena teams. We did this so well in Belfast for the double header but I've not seen much of it this year. We looked lost at times when chasing the puck and when under pressure. This wi'll be key for the playoffs if we make it to NIC.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #14
Fife fans have gone ballistic on the dead bird site as Coolen got a ban for less. Saying arena teams are treated differently. Don’t they have a bigger capacity than us?

BostonBart22

Fife fans have gone ballistic on the dead bird site as Coolen got a ban for less. Saying arena teams are treated differently. Don’t they have a bigger capacity than us?
the difference is ours is a modern aena , theirs a modern shed, did chad get a 3 game ban at theirs for a run of mill check and seen others get less for far wose. just saying.

Finny

He got a ban because he did more. After getting an initial game penalty he refused to leave the bench And continued with the abuse. So got a second game penalty.

2 game penalties = ban
1 game penalty = no ban.

It’s not difficult to understand.