Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Finny

A great performance and a very entertaining game.

After being completely outplayed in the last game against Sheffield I thought we played sensibly in the first. Didn't go too gung ho and tried not to give up too many chances to Sheffield. In fact, we probably created more good chances than Sheffield but they had the better ones. 1-1 was a fair score at the period break. The 5-on-3 PK was particularly impressive - and important mentally after their PP was previously so successful against us.

Second period - I thought we were outstanding. Dominated for long, long spells and if it wasn't for some great saves by Greenfield we could have been out of sight. Sheffield only really created any decent chances in the last 2-3 minutes and would probably have been delighted to go into the second break only a goal down.

Third period - Sheffield had to throw everything at us and they did. But Bowns IMO showed why he is still a top top netminder with some unbelievable saves that rivalled Greenfield's in the 2nd. The team defended as one and once Sheffield pulled their NM I was surprisingly confident that we would score an ENG to seal it.

4-1 victory more then deserved and a great game to show what this team can do when (nearly) full fit.