Devils Vs steelers - League - 2nd April - 18:00 FO

Swarley

Where are all the DuPont haters now and let me think,something about number of pages, in all honesty a typical end off season game
Still here and still not sold on him as head coach, shouldn't be taking 53 games to think changing tact is might help.

I backed him up until a month ago and I have zero faith in his ability to adapt and change on the fly.

Wannabe2

Enjoyed tonight more than I thought I would, it’s always good to spank the Steelers, Bowns had a very good game tonight. Jono had a very good reception which was a classy act, if and it’s a big if Devils get to Nottingham they are the only team capable of taking Giants.

Rempel16

Well we already know he’s here next year.

Todd got rid of Skalde once he knew he didn’t want him for this year… he would have done the same for DuPont surely as he made such a point of saying that there’s no point in working another day with someone you know you’re not sticking by.

Rempel16

Enjoyed tonight more than I thought I would, it’s always good to spank the Steelers, Bowns had a very good game tonight. Jono had a very good reception which was a classy act, if and it’s a big if Devils get to Nottingham they are the only team capable of taking Giants.
The other 6 teams are also capable of beating the Giants.

E.D.S.

Dull first period only made interesting by McNallys penalty. We were awful. After that it picked up. Great defending and plenty of sticks in lanes. Bowns did very very well. Davies and Duggan were everywhere. I hope Davies is staying put next year. Just relentless energy.

NathanG

I offered my ticket for free on Twitter and had no interest in it. The only reason I would have gone to this game was to watch Jonathan Phillips play. What a servant he's been for British hockey.

BostonBart22

A better game than I thought it would be, very competitive for a dead rubber , and what was mcnally thinking, just come back from suspension and faces at least 3 game ban for spearing and could be 1 more for a repeat offender or is it threepeat class act by devils org and players for jono, and every fan stood on their feet applauding and well deserved as well , good to see bowns on fire tonight as well, hopefully lots of confidence going into the playoffs .all in all a good performance against a gritty steelers team.

CaldicotDevil

Where are all the DuPont haters now and let me think,something about number of pages, in all honesty a typical end off season game
We’ll all still here. I will admit the boys played really well tonight, especially Davies & Bownsy. However I’m not reading too much into the result, as It was a dead rubber match tonight.

Thought McNally 5+ seemed a bit harsh as it looked more of a cross check than a spear and no idea what Connelly did for 2+10.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong and the boys have turned a page and will be purring going into the playoffs.

Easy to play like that when there is no pressure as a 'nothing game'. Good to get some confidence going into next weekend though so not knocking it at all.

What happened to Chad? Tell you what though, how McNally was left to get away with the spear and cross check and get absolutely nothing back still blows my mind. We are so soft.

BostonBart22

We’ll all still here. I will admit the boys played really well tonight, especially Davies & Bownsy. However I’m not reading too much into the result, as It was a dead rubber match tonight.

Thought McNally 5+ seemed a bit harsh as it looked more of a cross check than a spear and no idea what Connelly did for 2+10.

Fingers crossed I’m wrong and the boys have turned a page and will be purring going into the playoffs.
Not harsh in my eyes, and the cross check was awful looking at the replay will be 3 plus games ban..only bug bear not one devil reacted to mcnally antics...connoly mouthing off not once but twice, deserved all he got.

ASHIPP

It's hard to know whether tonight's better performance was because it was one of the last home crowd games, or whether players are playing for future employment, or whether the Steelers were poor.

Bownsey had a great game, solid and focused when called upon. The Team's powerplay organisation is still woeful though. On one occasion, they actually took 1 minute and 10 seconds to set up properly after repeatedly retrieving the puck (powerplay is 2 mins!)! Cant get away with that in the Playoffs. Will anything change? Gone are the days of slick pp systems under Lord, when there was always a plan to change up the tactics in pinch situations.

Steelers might well have been playing in 2nd gear, saving something for next week. This game would not have changed their league position. Or was it because after defending several penalty kills, including a 5 minute one, they were probably knackered! And the Devils had a lot of puck possession, especially in p1.

Let's hope for a confident, determined, focused version of our Team over 2 important games next weekend. That performance and compete is in there somewhere.

E.D.S.

The spear came before the cross check. Clear as day. Easily a game for that.

Will be interesting to see if DOPS see McNally‘s review as a Repeat Offender? Remembering that DOPS have previous form for claiming despite a subject being a regular offender for DOPS review, they managed to convince themselves that it was a different offence and therefore should be classed as a first time offender