Devils Vs Steelers - Sun 17 Jan 2016 -6pm - Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Second night of the weekend at the BBT and its a huge one.

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look :E

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Rich Best

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - Sun 17 Jan 2016 -6pm - Chat / Updat

If anyone wants / needs a ticket, I have 2 spare in Block 6 (2 people dropped out last minute). Happy to sell for £15 for 1 seat or £20 for 2 seats.

Text me on 07718 226203. Richard

Jones72

Looked to me like a stick jab towards a member of the public from Fitzgerald as he was leaving the ice at the end of the first.

Should be looked into.

Contact or not, that's not on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

ASHIPP

What a fantastic achievement this weekend and infact the last week to clock convincing wins against 3 of our top rivals..and particularly with such pressure to maintain their position.

Gospel

Fantastic performance by everyone tonight & made Shuff look very very ordinary. Shuff tried to bully us & couldnt as Hendo & Batchy stood proud. Shuff tried to out play us & couldnt as their guys just not up to that.

No better feeling than better them.

As for Fitzy, what a knob. Goes off the ice & jabs his stick towards a fan. At the end tries to go with Piggsy. He has a turning circle of a huge cruise ship.

Massive weekend for the Devils & we grasped it with both hands. Need to keep our heads, play to our strengths and we will have a few more 4pt weekends before the end of the season.

Rich Best

What an amazing game. We are definitely peaking at the right time and we just need to treat every game like a play off final if we are going to take this league!

Fitzgerald (or as my daughter calls him 'ginger biscuit') was a complete tool tonight, a liability. Batch had a great showing against him, never looked troubled at all and landed a couple of nice punches.

Why do steelers moan so much? They are like a bunch of kids hitting their sticks around and arguing with the ref. And what was thommo crying about after the 3rd or 4th goal? Complete idiot.

Loved it when the song went up when Simmsey was getting interviewed "if you all hate steelers clap your hands" lol.

I didn't think Darnell had much of an influence on the game, so in my opinion he did a good job.

We made steelers look like a 2nd rate team tonight, despite their bigger budget. When we play with heart and passion we win. It is as simple as that! What a weekend of hockey - feel like I have had a complete overdose!

Apart from the second period yesterday they were the best two performances of the season, that's what I've been waiting for all season, performances like that, everyone on their game, even the new guys who look like they've been here all season not just a few games.

Great stuff this weekend, let's keep its at that level because no other team can live with us when we do

ASHIPP

To maintain discipline and suck up pressure at critical points in games is a key element in Devils' performance along with new found confidence and line chemistry.

A rey physical and fast game tonight. Steelers lost their composure early and their defence was poor. They will be clinical on their own ice. Their two quick goals were created from very fast defensive transition. On their big ice they will have plenty of space to pull off moves. Hopefully Devils will ruffle some feathers and capitalise on any pp chances which they did so well tonight.

Wonder who will be sitting next to Thommo on the team bus tonight.

And Simms being interviewed...the man is a disgrace. Unshaven, looked like he'd spent too long in the bar. What a way to represent your club on duty. Todd wouldn't tolerate anything like that.

Mooney#16

Thommo the man trumpeted as the greatest coach in the UK by the fountains of knowledge that are two point and Simmsey just got absolutely schooled by a second year player coach. Says it all really. Three men who try to command your attention when they speak simply lack the credibility to back it up.

Great job Lordo, Elson and the Players. How to execute a disciplined winning game plan whilst sticking together. Steelers organisational arrogance really did manifest itself on to the ice last night.

Oh a well done Fournier on first Devils goal. That was a quality pinch to the slot and finish. Very good play.

jimmy snels

Other than darnells complete ineptitude early in the game where his lack of calls on Fitzgerald led to two fights within 20 seconds of the blatant offence, it was a great night of hockey. We absolutely murdered them last night. Russell seems to be attracting attention which is great as his line mates seem to get more space because of it. Fournier looks fantastic with hudson.
Fizgerald is a complete goon, along with desbians they cost their team that game.

mazza03

Mooney#16 said:
Thommo the man trumpeted as the greatest coach in the UK by the fountains of knowledge that are two point and Simmsey just got absolutely schooled by a second year player coach. Says it all really. Three men who try to command your attention when they speak simply lack the credibility to back it up.

Great job Lordo, Elson and the Players. How to execute a disciplined winning game plan whilst sticking together. Steelers organisational arrogance really did manifest itself on to the ice last night.

Oh a well done Fournier on first Devils goal. That was a quality pinch to the slot and finish. Very good play.
You forgot Franny :eek: how could you forget Franny????? :?: :?:

Finny

According to Thommo's post game interview they were better than us 5 on 5 and only lost it because they kept getting punished by the referee for stupid penalties. If Thommo really believes that then he is a bigger idiot than I originally thought.

Sheffield only scored two goals even-handed in the final period. By which time we were 6-1 up, they'd put their back-up in and we had eased up. Darnell had resorted to calling us for every little infraction in an attempt to stop it being a massacre.

We were so much better than them that 7-3 flatters the Steelers. The reason they kept giving away penalties was because they couldn't live with us 5-on-5. And if Darnell had been not so lenient we would have had twice as many powerplays. How he let Fitzgerald get away with a elbow to the head and then two cross-checks to the head I'll never know.
Good to see Hendrikz step in for his teammate then. And the same with Batch later on. Don't think Fitz was expecting Batch to be as tough, especially as for the opening exchanges there was a 2nd Steeler throwing punches.
It might have been my imagination but after Lord got penalised for hitting him into the boards, it looked to me like Fitz got up looking to take revenge...saw Batch staring at him and opted to skate to the bench instead.

Based on what I've seen this season I have no idea how Sheffield are up near the top of the table. We've beaten them comfortably in every game I've seen and the game against the Panthers on Premier Sports was the same. Their tactic last night seemed to be to fire it the length of the ice and hope one of their players intercepted it. But all it led to was icing after icing after icing. Thommo's only other tactic seemed to be to moan at the officials after every decision against them. Although disappointingly that seemed to be work to a certain degree.

Anyway, 7-3 is still a stuffing and keeps us at the top of the league table. It also puts us 8 points clear at the top of the Conference table which is arguably even more impressive.

jimmy snels

Forgot to say pigsy was so funny last night. The penalty he drew which led to an early pp goal where he litrally laughed at the guy, skated back up ice and pointed him over to the box was classic. Even gave Fitzgerald a little jab with a stick at the end which the ginger goon bit massively on. Nearly scored at the end as well which would have been deserved

DevilDom

Beating them Orange Bawbags feels so good. Handing them their ass's is amazing!

Absolutely Awesome all over the ice until we switched off a little at 6-1, Steelers didn't have a clue how to deal with us. Thompson's only game plan seemed to be to try and rough us up, maybe because he thought we were weaker without Salters but forgot we still have plenty of toughness all over the ice so that worked well! :roll: After that didn't work and we kept scoring on the PP they were just clueless.

Can't think of anyone who didn't have a great game but special mention to Batchy, how tough is that kid? Not only the toughest Brit in the league by a country mile, also now has a right to be classed in the group of players as toughest in the league as a whole. Totally took to Fitzgerald and landed an absolute beauty of an uppercut that had him rocking. A very credible draw if not a slight edge in the fight.

jimmy snels

Naturally being a brit batch will be tougher than those north American nancies! :lol: Not been at his angry best as of late so good to see the lion out the den. He tends to go on a run of good hard performances after a big fight so look out steelers on Saturday :D