Devils Vs Storm - 21st Oct 23 - League - FO 19:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils invite the Storm to the bay on Saturday night. Storm have had a cracking start to the season, should beva good one.

Devils86

Get the feeling that Storm will end up like Flames and Blaze of last few seasons. Start quick out of the gate and taking people by surprise only to fall off after a couple months (that was the case with Flames until last season, when Blaze seemed to have a decent start ISTR).

In the grand scheme of things nothing less than 4 points across the weekend will suffice - that's not arrogance, that's a simple "if you want to challenge for cups then you need to show up against every team." Will be a tough ask and we've no way of saying "that'll be easy" as we haven't seen this year's Storm. Who knows what will happen, but we can't afford a night off. These types of games, and when it's not going your way and need someone to grab a game by the balls, is when you see who can win silverware or not. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Goat have a good weekend.

Looking through EP earlier, we will need (and I'd put money on it) one of or both Martin and Sanford to score their first league goal this weekend. That line carried us previously but we can't afford to carry it much longer. Expect a few points from Crawford as well.

Looking forward to seeing who doesn't ice (I didn't mean to sound so negative!) as I genuinely couldn't pick at the moment - Duggan sounds like he did well in his game last weekend. There doesn't seem to be a wink link in this roster....which means everyone needs to be on their A game.

Crandall seems to have reacted well to the competition - or maybe it's his line mates suiting his game...

NM situation will be interesting. Last season I would have expected Kozun to start at least one of these games. Of these two I would expect the size of ice to be a factor with PR discussing with Booth whether he would be more comfortable on the bigger or smaller ice - nobody can argue that the guy needs game time, and Storm (even with a good start) are the type of opposition you would expect a tandem to share the workload.

Gavevs88

Never thought I'd be looking at a storm DH as our most difficult weekend of the season so far, great to see them playing well and looking forward to seeing how Morrow plays.

We really need to get 4 points this weekend if we are going to show intent of winning anything this year.

The_Stick_

Bowns stars. Again really disappointed as I think Booth has to get some game time, otherwise I’d be looking for a cheaper backup netminder.

Pietroniro sits with Crandall listed as being 3rd line D with Batch

Rhyan48

Bowns stars. Again really disappointed as I think Booth has to get some game time, otherwise I’d be looking for a cheaper backup netminder.

Chad to sit with Crandall on D where is the sense in that ? Is mosey back

The_Stick_

If that was the case surely he would have sat out last weekend
Maybe in the week he took a knock? Pete is the best coach we’ve had in a very long time so I have faith he has made the right decision, mainly just disappointed with the Booth situation Becuase he has so much potential

ASHIPP

Whether Manchester continue to play well or not this season, they have had their best start in a long time. No night off for the Devils tonight, at home.....please.

moggy#9

I came on to say the same thing. I really don't get why booth is not getting a chance.

Devil94

I understand why Booth isn't playing today as he would be understandably rusty in an important league game. But if he is fit he definitely should have featured in our CC games to get him up to scratch for the league run in and busy Christmas period. I can only assume he's not fit, there can't be another reason.

doron

storm are playing really well. I'm impressed. i think in this game bowns should start as storm is on a run and have a good goalie. i would expect to see Booth play next week though.

The_Stick_

Good performance against a team on form. Alderson seems a very good pick up. I also think Crandall had an excellent game on D. Got stuck in and had a very active stick in the defensive zone, cutting passes and made a few blocks, good to know we have additional cover