Devils Vs Storm - League - 9th March 23 - 19:30 FO

BostonBart22

Surely Lou is injured and that’s the reason he’s been scratched of late? There's no way the new guy should start on D in front of Lou, if he’s fit. Honestly, I can’t quite understand all the fuss after signing Pietroniro - he just looks bang average to me and shouldn’t be anywhere near the Devils organisation in terms of ability.
He got injured in the fight with gagnon, he didn't ice rest of the game or anytime since., can't see him playing tomorrow. Keep him for belfast

osh

Also, I’m a bit surprised that so many people were shocked at the suggestion we will only be tweaking the roster in the summer. I’ve been fortunate that Ive missed most of the bad games and seen most of the wins, but we aren’t that far off the title race. And we’ve done well against the top teams overall.

My guess is 6 changes over the summer.
interesting quote from you to be fair….” Missed most of the bad games and seen most of the wins” I admire your loyalty and huge bias to everything DEVILS ! Perhaps had you been at last nights game you would have seen more about body language and lack of effort than you could possibly have seen on tv. Yes, we aren’t far off the title race ( for once I agree with you ) that just shows how low the standard of play has dropped in The EIHL league. Sorry to attack a poster, but you always seem to weigh up everyone’s posts and then come on here almost 24 hours later having viewed critical posts defending the Devils after everyone has stated how bad we are at this stage of the season. so here is a question for you…who would be the 6 changes you think will happen ? Coach and 5 players or keep the coach and replace 6 players.
Before you ask….Personally, I would replace the coach and at least 8 new faces !

tim78

Lords first season we won the challange cup and finished 2nd. There were bad games then but we did have the advantage of the Blue tent as a home.

This is Dupont rookie season.

Nothing will change between now and the end of the season, let's get behind the team and leave it until after the play offs.

It’s a shame we didn’t have a post game Q & A with the owners, after they had sat there and watched the rubbish served up by this lot, like we've had to endure for most of this season.
I'm sure the owners watch on line, either live or recorded, so the performance shouldn't have been a surprise. The boos at the end of the game might have been though.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

I think something for next season is to have the owner Q and A after a game, not before. No escaping the questions after watching a shambolic performance.

Jonesy83

DuPont isn’t going anywhere, he will be here next season and so will his assistant, most likely. People on here and other fans need to get their head around that, it’s not changing,0 whether they say they’re renewing their season ticket(s) or not.

IF he’s here then let him have 100% control of recruitment,. I don’t think this is a DuPont team from the start of the season. So starting from scratch we’ll see what he delivers!

BostonBart22

DuPont isn’t going anywhere, he will be here next season and so will his assistant, most likely. People on here and other fans need to get their head around that, it’s not changing,0 whether they say they’re renewing their season ticket(s) or not.

IF he’s here then let him have 100% control of recruitment,. I don’t think this is a DuPont team from the start of the season. So starting from scratch we’ll see what he delivers!
He's had this team long enough to get them ready for the playoffs at least, as I said He's lost the locker room , players have had enough off him, he couldn't even be bothered to be interviewed after the game on viaplay to apologise for the shambles of his coaching in the game, only matt ginn was interviewed and he wasn't happy with his team, at least he had the balls to be interviewed .

I don't fully understand hockey yet. I get disappointed when we lose, and when we lose to teams that we really shouldn't be losing to.

There is something missing, a spark. That may be a particular player or its the spirit of the team. Where's their motivation, what drives them, who are they playing for? Where is their bond? What do they do off the ice to make that happen?

It may be that some of what's needed takes place off the ice - more fan engagement is one thing, get to know us, the kids take over day was something else. Maybe that's a sign that it's not just about a signing in the bar at 10pm.

skating with the team - yes it's great if you don't have to queue for skates, but they are knackered, do they really want to be there. I would much rather something else or something alongside it, that's accessible for all, and maybe less manic.

Failing that I am happy to go in and do a Shoresy inspired pre-match chat.

Devils86

Nope he definitely wasn't.
It's an odd one as I remember seeing him chatting with Coughler up on the gantry above the bar in the first period; and then didn't see him for the rest of the game. He could have left shortly after....which would have meant he was both there, and not there depending on when you were looking.

I could be wrong of course and it could have been someone else, but he's a distinctive looking chap.

august04 2.0

In very many cases worldwide, it’s not the coach who drives recruitment of players. The coach is there to maximise the output of the players that he has been given in his team. Can anyone say this team has got better, the longer they’ve been under the influence of DuPont? Our goaltending has got better as the season has progressed, but that’s about if for me. Our special teams have become an embarrassing joke. I really don’t think it matters a jot if he’s in sole charge of recruitment. He still has to motivate those players to play and formulate the way they play. We look clueless at times this year and I don't think things will be any different if he’s back next year. That might suit the likes of Brian Parker but I won’t be renewing my season ticket if DuPont returns, I’ve seen enough.

Gavevs88

It's an odd one as I remember seeing him chatting with Coughler up on the gantry above the bar in the first period; and then didn't see him for the rest of the game. He could have left shortly after....which would have meant he was both there, and not there depending on when you were looking.

I could be wrong of course and it could have been someone else, but he's a distinctive looking chap.
Yeah it definitely wasn't him, he was in custody.

Finny

interesting quote from you to be fair….” Missed most of the bad games and seen most of the wins” I admire your loyalty and huge bias to everything DEVILS ! Perhaps had you been at last nights game you would have seen more about body language and lack of effort than you could possibly have seen on tv. Yes, we aren’t far off the title race ( for once I agree with you ) that just shows how low the standard of play has dropped in The EIHL league. Sorry to attack a poster, but you always seem to weigh up everyone’s posts and then come on here almost 24 hours later having viewed critical posts defending the Devils after everyone has stated how bad we are at this stage of the season. so here is a question for you…who would be the 6 changes you think will happen ? Coach and 5 players or keep the coach and replace 6 players.
Before you ask….Personally, I would replace the coach and at least 8 new faces !
I‘m not sure I get your post about loyalty and huge bias? Yes I’m a Devils fan so I’m going to be partially biased, but huge?
Regarding my posts - I think you’re being a bit unfair. When I go to or watch a game I tend to post straight after whilst it’s still fresh in the memory. Sometimes if I’m really annoyed after a bad loss I’ll wait until the following morning when I’ve calmed down.
If I haven’t seen a game I rarely comment on it. I might comment on a non-game point within the thread (like I have this morning) but not the game itself.

With regards the changes I would make, as I’ve previously said I never comment on changes during the season. However, the 6 changes I referred to were all player changes.

I’ve not seen enough hockey home and away to comment on whether the coach should be changed. From a statistical point we are roughly where I expected to be this season under a rookie coach.
Even if I had seen more hockey I’m not sure it would be enough to judge though. It’s easier to judge a players ability than a coach as a player shows it to us on the ice. Most of a coaches job is hidden from us, whether that be training during the week, tactics ahead of a game or changing things during the game in the dressing room or on the bench.

I could make an argument for him staying and I could make an argument for him going. I would have no idea which argument was correct though.

However, in Kelman and Francis we have two experienced people who will see the behind the scenes action and know if he is the man to take us forward. And they have my confidence 100%.

Have Hope#35

Jardine was up there talking to Coughler